Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Hi,

I am facing an issue since the update.
My character cannot move anymore because the companions automatically transfer their bags of consumables when sent back to camp. But I play a mage with very little strength so he is now overloaded with all the stuff I purposely gave to stronger companions.

Is there a way to deactivate this automatic sharing, an option to turn off or something?
I do not want to drop all my loot in order to move around or to become the group's pantry unable to carry useful things in my inventory...

O
stranger
stranger
O
Have been having this same issue every time I send a character back to camp, it's very annoying, I ended up sending everything in their bags to camp, and have my Tav (who is STR 8) Handle all supplies, keys, and alchemy ingredients.

M
stranger
stranger
M
I was just about to write about this too when I saw this thread. When I ask a companion to stay in camp, I automatically get their Alchemy Pouch, Camp Supply Pack, Keychain, as well as other items the game thinks are important. This is a major hindrance to swapping out characters as the controlled character likely gets encumbered. This has happened to me once before Patch 3 when Lae'zel temporarily left the party in Act 1 for story reason, but it had never happened in camp before the latest patch.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Its not just bag, but also more rare things like staff of crones for example... keeps impossible to for party to have cohesive gear...

P
stranger
stranger
P
This is probably an attempt to make switching characters less awkward - fewer moments of "why can't I give my infernal iron to Dammon? I know I had more... oh, it's probably on a character who's in camp" (to name one that happened to me). So I get what they were probably thinking.

But it seems like a poorly thought through solution that won't work for a lot of common use cases. I know I put a lot of thought into who gets what items (sometimes LOL), which this could royally screw up. What we need is to be able to manage everyone's inventory at once while in camp, and an easier, quicker way to switch characters (preferably also without the guilt-tripping!), combined with better flagging of important items. Don't just automatically pile everything on a potentially low-Strength main, weighing them down and potentially screwing up someone's organization.

Last edited by philosoraptor; 23/09/23 10:10 AM.
stranger
stranger
All what was said above and more.
As for example the transfer of Mod created bags, which means that my 20STR female paladin is overloaded if I switch between Lae'zel and Karlach.

Please make the shared stash feature optional, either by a decline option or by a on/off switch in the menu.

P
stranger
stranger
P
ITs infinitely less timeconsuming to fix that by camping and out... rather then every swithc redoing food, or unique weapons...

stranger
stranger
Why characters just don't globally share camp supplies, keys and none-magic scrolls? Its dumb to auto-trade stuff, or lock out full rest because that specific character didn't had camp supplies. Also, why I've to carry camp supplies, if the supplies are in the camp storage? Just let me sent all the food to the camp, and USE IT on the camp.

K
stranger
stranger
K
This "Update" has caused me to stop playing the game. I could understand if you made this automatic share happen if a companion was about to permanently leave, but to transfer all these items simply because I want to leave a companion at camp brings unnecessary inventory micromanagement to an already tedious system. I'm not exactly sure why this system was implemented, but if there are players that want this, a simple solution for this would be to add a toggle in the options menu to turn this system off.

V
stranger
stranger
V
This feature is incredibly annoying.
Please let us disable this.
I gave those characters the items explicitly because I *want* them to have them. This just serves to add a ton of tedious micro management without actually doing anything useful to me.
I'm essentially being treated like a sentient garbage can where everyone throws things into, leaving me constantly encumbered and undoing all my inventory management every single time I change companions.
As an extra bonus once I transfer the items back to the party member, their inventory will no longer rearrange according to the selected inventory arrangement option. None of the options work at all.

I'm not sure what the benefit of this is, but at the very least make it optional, it pushes into the game breaking side of sheer aggravation.

stranger
stranger
I was going to report this, but I'm glad other players have noticed. The items transferred are all orange border inventory items. As another person said, the staff of the crones is an orange border item, all alchemy and supply pouches are orange border items,etc. It's like when you dismiss Shadowheart, the orange-border artefact goes to Tav immediately. I also wanted to add that packs, keychains and pouches get transferred to Tav even if they're empty.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Agree, extremely annoying. Need a toggle to turn it off

stranger
stranger
This "feature" is so tedious and unwanted, I don't see why they thought this was a good idea. Like others said, it just adds micromanaging and makes no sense, especially when the companions' bags are empty. Either get rid of it or let us turn it off.

M
stranger
stranger
M
I don't know if it's related, but now I can no longer sort companions' inventories too.

L
journeyman
journeyman
L
Please tell me there is a menu option to disable this nonsense. I want each character to have their own alchemy & camp supply bag, and absolutely do NOT want them all getting transfered bcak to my Tav.

Also, if I equip, another party member with a unique item (e.g. Disintegrating Nightwalker Boots), I do NOT want them unequipping it and sending it to my Tav -- they've got enough to carry without having to smell Lae'zel's socks!

P
stranger
stranger
P
Originally Posted by Larathiel
Please tell me there is a menu option to disable this nonsense. I want each character to have their own alchemy & camp supply bag, and absolutely do NOT want them all getting transfered bcak to my Tav.

Also, if I equip, another party member with a unique item (e.g. Disintegrating Nightwalker Boots), I do NOT want them unequipping it and sending it to my Tav -- they've got enough to carry without having to smell Lae'zel's socks!

unfortunately not...

My prefered solution wouldb e if game simply treated the bags for food, herbs as special "bags of holding" where the extradimensional pocket would just link to one universal piece of extradimentional pocket of subspace-time. No need to handle the mass then.

quest items and any high tier items should just stay with the character...

T
stranger
stranger
T
Originally Posted by Grillaum
Hi,

I am facing an issue since the update.
My character cannot move anymore because the companions automatically transfer their bags of consumables when sent back to camp. But I play a mage with very little strength so he is now overloaded with all the stuff I purposely gave to stronger companions.

Is there a way to deactivate this automatic sharing, an option to turn off or something?
I do not want to drop all my loot in order to move around or to become the group's pantry unable to carry useful things in my inventory...
Adding my name to this. I am boggled as to why this was green-lit as a good idea. Having to store and reequip is a facet that is not needed and added nothing to the game except a headache when I am wanting to enjoy my play time.

stranger
stranger
A lot of other players in the replies alone share the same sentiment. I hope an update will be rolled out as a hotfix rather than for the next patch update, 'cos I had to stop playing because of this feature. And I hope the solution isn't just simply removing the story item tag on character containers. At least add into the prompt about whether you want to have the dismissed companion their stuff or not, or have an option in the settings to disable the feature altogether.

Alternatively, just make the inventories of all characters be shared, at least when in camp. I have only played Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - a 3.5e DnD system - and not familiar with the 5e (Baldur's Gate 3) system, though I hope the game was made to be tedious not because of that. In the meantime, I'm going to have to take a break from playing my 7th rerun and the game. I was in the Druid's Grove when I found out about this after updating my game, and I dismissed Lae'zel to recruit Wyll.

P
stranger
stranger
P
This is extremely extremely extremely annoying, who asked for this? Inventory was already such a pain in the ass and now it's making me tear my hair out while im swapping companions around in camp.

I'll just keep using the same 3 companions for now until they fix this.

Really hope they at least acknowledge this bug real soon and hopefully fix it in a hotfix because using more than 3 companions is just simply insufferable now

Last edited by Pairessa; 24/09/23 06:36 PM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
I hate this change so much. Alchemy bag, empty. Camp supply bag, empty. Keychain, empty. And YET they all get dumped in my inventory every time I decide to shuffle my party for an encounter or companion quest. Are Larian actively trying to discourage exploring, roleplaying and otherwise using the companions? If there's no fix coming, I'm going to try a steamcloud guide to roll back pre patch-3.

Nobody asked for this. Nothing about this improves gameplay experience or even makes roleplay sense (how often do you dump all your camping supplies on a companion mid-hike if you decide to head back to camp early?!). Annoying enough that I don't want to play until they fix it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard