Print Thread
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Hey,
this doesn't fit in the romance thread.
I'm asking about the decision to
break Wylls pact or not in order to get Mizoras help to free his father. I know, that the father can be freed without Mizoras help, but what do you think, is the better choice? I decided to free him, because the otehr decision seems so cruel.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
C
C
I've decided to break the pact because (if I remember correctly) Mizora said this will be an Eternal pact, not sure if it's same with the normal pacts and Wyll has been through a lot already, didn't want to take any chance. and I also expected there is another way to free the duke.

old hand
old hand
No deals with devils. None. Ever. The end.

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by crst
I've decided to break the pact because (if I remember correctly) Mizora said this will be an Eternal pact, not sure if it's same with the normal pacts and Wyll has been through a lot already, didn't want to take any chance. and I also expected there is another way to free the duke.

I did that too. There seems to be a way to free tehduke, at least I have something along teh line in my questlog.

Doctor Who
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Tarlonniel
No deals with devils. None. Ever. The end.

Yeah, I don't think, that is ever a good idea.

Though if I play a fiendlock, I roleplay my pactholder as soemone like Crowley from Good Omens

Doctor Who
old hand
old hand
I only play GOOlocks and fey pact. I've read Faust's story too many times, in too many forms, to do otherwise. hahaha

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I only play GOOlocks and fey pact. I've read Faust's story too many times, in too many forms, to do otherwise. hahaha

That is true - not that GOOs can't go south very quickly too. As a Lovecraft fan, I like that patron, but also fear it.

Doctor Who
old hand
old hand
When I roll a GOOlock, I play someone who's fully aware that they'll be driven insane eventually, and die a strange, potentially gruesome death. They consider that all part of the fun.

Sort of drawing on how I play a Sith Inquisitor in Star Wars: The Old Republic.

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
When I roll a GOOlock, I play someone who's fully aware that they'll be driven insane eventually, and die a strange, potentially gruesome death. They consider that all part of the fun.

Sort of drawing on how I play a Sith Inquisitor in Star Wars: The Old Republic.
So basically you play a protagonist from a Lovecraft story - that's cool. For greater drama, I would put the Durge on top of it.
But seriously, I think in this game, you really can get a first hand lovecraftian protagonist experience, depending on decisions, classes and in the Durge case, backgrounds.

Last edited by fylimar; 02/09/23 04:08 PM.

Doctor Who
old hand
old hand
I have some serious objections to playing DUrge, unfortunately - I'd never go along with my character being forced to do terrible things. But I like the general idea; I hope Larian revisits it in future games.

Z
addict
addict
Z
Wish Archfey and Eldritch warlock pacts had more dialogue prompts and actual interaction with their patrons.

old hand
old hand
Depends. Nyarlathotep? Might be cool. Anyone else? Might be better to go completely unnoticed as long as possible...

stranger
stranger
Me, I trust a fey as far as I can throw them shadowheartgiggle

As I was romancing Wyll I wanted to have my cake and eat it, so I broke the pact and then set off to rescue his father. I've heard, but can't confirm, that there's a time limit on that, so those who broke the pact might want to do it sooner rather than later. I don't want to spoil it, but bring a couple scrolls of Dimension Door... you'll thank me.

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Zenith
Wish Archfey and Eldritch warlock pacts had more dialogue prompts and actual interaction with their patrons.
I agree with Tarlonniel - depending on which GOO is your patron, you would go instantly mad beyond repair, if they'd try to communicate with you directly

Doctor Who

Link Copied to Clipboard