Icelyn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Party for patch 5!!! celebrate celebrate celebrate

[Linked Image from pbs.twimg.com]

old hand
old hand
Just saw this and I’m so excited!!! smile Glad I haven’t finished the game yet. I should be able to have the most awesome time at the end and not a let-down like I’ve heard it used to be.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Sounds amazing approvegauntlet ! I'm also curious what the rest of the patch will bring since there was some datamining about hugs, Minthara recruitment and honour mode. Best to keep expectation modest though, methinks.

old hand
old hand
Ngl I’m gonna be so disappointed if we don’t get Shadowheart hugs like were teased in datamining from the last patch. Really hopeful that we’ll get those!

veteran
veteran
I'll be enormously disappointed if it's all hugs and kisses. Zero interest in that.

But I'd *love* to see an honour mode.

E
stranger
stranger
E
I'll be disappointed if it's just honour mode, definitely hoping the hugs will be there.

W
veteran
veteran
W
Reportedly it’s going to fix the performance issues that some people were experiencing in Act 3.

I never had these problems, but look forward to no longer reading about them. XD

Fingers crossed they don’t accidentally break anything else in the process.

S
old hand
old hand
S
I am quite impressed that Larian is still adding actual content for free in a non live service game. For any other company, it would probably be part of a monthly subscription or some kind of paid DLC. Keep up the good work!

V
Vua Offline
apprentice
apprentice
V
I never experienced the issues after update 4 until they did the hot fix. While I've learned how to work around most of the the stuck points, certain areas are just inaccessible. I can't do the Cazador battle at all. I spent an hour this weekend trying to get down the stairs but nobody will go past the halfway point other than the character I'm controlling.

stranger
stranger
I am all for stuff like this, but right now I have stopped playing because of bugs that have bricked my playthrough (my first), so this was not exactly the news I have been waiting for.

addict
addict
I'm still in a run that started before patch 4 and have some lags in Act 3, but fortunately not game-breaking. However I already encountered 2 broken quests in Act 3 : The Harper house that Jaheira brings us to doesn't have any harpers so that mission dies there, and Voss disappears from Raphal's room in Shares Caress and never appears in the tap room.
Wonder if these will be repaired also.
And unfortunately, in my current run I've let Shadow kill the Dame so she wants no hugs anymore. But I hope they put it in for maybe another PT later.

I'm so excited! I didn't expect extended ending content for at least 6 more months! I've been trying to be as patient as I can but the endings are really my biggest gripe with the game.

I'm hoping that since this is coming out a lot sooner than I thought that it isn't going to be half-baked and that there's really some substantial closure (and please please tell me that they're going to fix Astarion's ending please).

I'm also hoping they plug the bugs that are plaguing people in Act 3. I've never experienced them but I empathize with people who haven't been able to progress due to them. Though, I do believe some people exaggerate when using the term "unplayable", but again, if these bugs are legitimately causing the game to break in an unplayable way, I hope they've fixed that completely.

#JusticeForAstarion
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by vx_phoenix_vx
I'm so excited! I didn't expect extended ending content for at least 6 more months! I've been trying to be as patient as I can but the endings are really my biggest gripe with the game.

I'm hoping that since this is coming out a lot sooner than I thought that it isn't going to be half-baked and that there's really some substantial closure (and please please tell me that they're going to fix Astarion's ending please).

I'm also hoping they plug the bugs that are plaguing people in Act 3. I've never experienced them but I empathize with people who haven't been able to progress due to them. Though, I do believe some people exaggerate when using the term "unplayable", but again, if these bugs are legitimately causing the game to break in an unplayable way, I hope they've fixed that completely.

I don't know if there are any bugs crashing the game (not sure about the Act 3 lag - haven't experienced it in the first area of Act 3), but there are several that brick or in other ways ruin main/character quests, and that is certainly no way to experience the game's story. Maybe if you are affected by these you can play to the end, but it is not how anyone would want to play BG3 (and even endings are not working properly from what I hear). People who replay the game might be less affected by this, but even when replaying BG3 there is lots of completely new material that no one wants ruined.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Originally Posted by vx_phoenix_vx

They did say they trimmed the epilogues. So they likely didn't have to start from scratch.

veteran
veteran
Only living friends allowed?
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

veteran
veteran
Maybe there's a permadeath honour mode included and only the companions who survive can make it to the party.

Wishful thinking.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Does undead count?

I
old hand
old hand
I
The phrasing worries me a bit. I do not want a "party", I want an actual ending which shows the fates of peoples and places whos paths I crossed. Not just additional banter with the persons in my immediately surrounding.

Especially as the act1 party is pretty bad.

Just to give another datapoint: I love the kisses in the game. They lend a lot to the feeling of being cherished that BG3 evokes. An ending that includes hugs and kisses sounds good. (but hugs are hard to pull off well)

old hand
old hand
Honestly, given how little there is right now, I’d be happy with any meaningful additions as an epilogue, even if it is only dialogue with party members. They said on Twitter that the update is big, though, 30 GB and it’ll take up 130 GB of disk space I think? So it’s possible there’s more to the epilogue than the teaser suggests, we’ll have to find out. So excited, it’s like Christmas!!!

Last edited by Ecc2ca; 30/11/23 04:06 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard