Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Well...Orin seems like a positively delightful character:

enthusiast
enthusiast
Wow, Orin is genuinely scary.
I love that the third chosen is a shapeshifter - she could impersonate any of our companions - or us. I guess there is going to be some paranoia at the camp after we've met her and know what she is capable of.

E
journeyman
journeyman
E
It's interesting that she has a Bhaal magic circle - I'd only seen that with the Durge before, I thought that might be unique to him.

Also, definitely a doppelganger. Neat. laugh They featured prominently in BG1.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Elk Mooser
It's interesting that she has a Bhaal magic circle - I'd only seen that with the Durge before, I thought that might be unique to him.

Both Orin and the Dark Urge seem to be avatars of Bhaal which really makes me think their interactions should work differently than if we play as anyone other than the Dark Urge. But no, there was no doubt there would be another avatar of Bhaal besides the dark urge to represent Bhaal in the main story as this is a collaboration between the dead three and they couldn't just have Bhaal missing an avatar for everyone other than the dark urge given Bhaal was the main focus of BG1 and BG2.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon
Originally Posted by Elk Mooser

Both Orin and the Dark Urge seem to be avatars of Bhaal which really makes me think their interactions should work differently than if we play as anyone other than the Dark Urge. But no, there was no doubt there would be another avatar of Bhaal besides the dark urge to represent Bhaal in the main story as this is a collaboration between the dead three and they couldn't just have Bhaal missing an avatar for everyone other than the dark urge given Bhaal was the main focus of BG1 and BG2.
*Tavatar
I'll see myself out.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
enthusiast
enthusiast
Doppelgangers can also imitate a person's voice, can't they? So do we need codewords to make sure we are not talking to Orin? Or always use detect thoughts? That would be a little bit rude towards our companions 😄

Originally Posted by Zerubbabel
*Tavatar
I'll see myself out.
😄

Last edited by Lyelle; 27/07/23 07:01 PM.
stranger
stranger
Of all the villains she is the one I am most interested in. Sounds like she could have quite an interesting story.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Lyelle
Doppelgangers can also imitate a person's voice, can't they? So do we need codewords to make sure we are not talking to Orin? Or always use detect thoughts? That would be a little bit rude towards our companions 😄
Doppelgangers are far simpler creatures, their only gimmicks are shapeshifting and giant hit if they catch you by surprise. But I wonder when and how she'll impersonate companions. Surely the real ones will have to be busy being elsewhere.

addict
addict
I clicked on this earlier on Youtube, ( I take full responsibility for it) But damn, there is a couple spoilers in there. Even though we were told in the write up by Salo, That Orin can take the shape of anyone... Even someone in your party... But damn I clicked it anyway.

DRAGON FIRE-AND DOOM Dragons? Splendid things, lad-so long as ye look upon them only in tapestries, or in the masks worn at revels, or from about three realms off...
Astragarl Hornwood, Mage of Elembar - Year of the Tusk
enthusiast
enthusiast
Is she a doppelganger or a changeling?

Evil always finds a way.
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by TheAscendent
Is she a doppelganger or a changeling?
Proper shapeshifter.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon
Doppelgangers are far simpler creatures, their only gimmicks are shapeshifting and giant hit if they catch you by surprise. But I wonder when and how she'll impersonate companions. Surely the real ones will have to be busy being elsewhere.
Or maybe she kidnapped one of them - the Monster Manual states that they sometimes capture the creatures they want to imitate, to study them, learn how they behave and talk, and that doppelgangers are even able to read (superficial) thoughts.
Maybe we could have some sort of rescue mission for a kidnapped companion.

veteran
veteran
I don't think she's Bhaal's actual avatar, but I do get the feeling she's closer to Bhaal than the other two generals are to their respective members of the dead three.

veteran
veteran
She's great. I wish I didn't spoil her yet.

Why so many story spoilers with the villains anyway? It's undermining their introduction in-game. A shapeshifter especially. Now it's no longer the shocking surprise it could have been. Can't they do the marketing with different Tavs and companions fighting cool monsters and exploring?

V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V
She's so edgy. Not frightening at all. Fits perfectly for a pathetic worshipper of Idiot One Note Bhaal. Looking forward to MURDERING her in self defense. Bhaal will be happy. smile

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Can we romance her?

F
addict
addict
F
Wouldn't it be cool, you're doing your thing in BG and you go to have Lae'zel pass an item from her inventory, perhaps in a fight, but it's sticky. It won't move.

Because it's not real.

It's part of the shapeshift. And then Orin does her little cinematic entrance and a ho-hum fight becomes high stakes, and one party member is missing.

Or something like that.

Anyway, I think an actively hunting villain is a great change of pace. I hope there's enough variety in ambush set-up for multiple playthroughs.

enthusiast
enthusiast
It would be hilarious if Karlach or some likeable companion were actually Orin the whole time.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Unlikely, but maybe Orin is the Durge if you don't play as Durge?

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Sai the Elf
Can we romance her?
Probably not but maybe as the Dark Urge. I mean her and the dark urge are both avatars of Bhaal...so they're both on the same side...she's got to have some very different interactions than she would with other characters. But even then romance might be a stretch.

Originally Posted by Zerubbabel
Unlikely, but maybe Orin is the Durge if you don't play as Durge?
I seriously doubt that. She's too big a part of the plot to just go missing for the Dark Urge but hard to say for sure. But I believe she'll still be there if you play as the dark urge.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard