Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ixal
Or no monk at all.
Never believe a company delivers more than what they show or tell you (and are thus on the hook for false advertising if they don't deliver it)
Well ... they actualy told us, since they promised all classes and subclasses from PHB ...

What puzzles me tho is that they have to have it prepared ...
Moders put Monk together from scraps more than year ago after all ...
And yet, for some reason Larian decided to leave them without any testing ...
That troubles me. :-/

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
D
addict
addict
D
Maybe they don't consider adding "just monk" to be a "content patch", in which case we could still see it before August. I am not going to hold my breath on that though.

journeyman
journeyman
  • Adding Paladin: Great
  • Adding Level 5: Great
  • Adding basic reaction system after 2 years of early access: WOAH! *slow clap*
  • Adding New Spells: Great
  • Maybe not getting Monks to test them before release: Not Great

Solasta D&Does what BG3 D&Doesn't.
S
old hand
old hand
S
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by Ixal
Or no monk at all.
Never believe a company delivers more than what they show or tell you (and are thus on the hook for false advertising if they don't deliver it)
Well ... they actualy told us, since they promised all classes and subclasses from PHB ...

What puzzles me tho is that they have to have it prepared ...
Moders put Monk together from scraps more than year ago after all ...
And yet, for some reason Larian decided to leave them without any testing ...
That troubles me. :-/
They probably got enough feedback on that side from players. They have an army of play testers for anything else.

veteran
veteran
There's also the question of how much do monks have that need to be specifically tested? Their animations probably need some work to look cool and appropriate, but in terms of mechanics and systems, are they going to introduce anything that's not effectively a reskin of other class features? In terms of implementation anyway.

veteran
veteran
Thats their problem, not mine. laugh

I wanted to try monk. laugh
And i was really looking forward for Multiclassing ... wich (unless it was added silently) also dont get our hands on as it seems. :-/

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
F
addict
addict
F
I was kind of hoping for Nightsong temple, but that's probably Act 2 stuff. Still, I'll see how far I can go in Grymforge.

Excited about the oathbreaker. Such a good way to aid a bit of weight to decision-making. I'll be trying to stay devotion; wonder how far I can get before cracking under pressure?

Reactions look fine, though I try to limit rests so I'll be proactive with smites and seldom use it reactively. That said, some major rebalancing of late Act 1 foes means I may need to sharpen up tactic-wise.

veteran
veteran
Yay for fireball! Is owlbear wild shape also level 5? If so, I am looking forward to that as well!

Also, he said Minsc and Jaheira were companions, so does that mean nonorigin companions are officially confirmed? celebrate

veteran
veteran
The oathbreaker is something that really excites me not just for its own sake, but because I do think it hints at more of the promised broadness of choice and replayability that Larian has talked a big game about. I've felt for a while that most of the player choice at play revolved around stuff that's very out of game. Mechanical choices that the player is aware of, but the characters probably shouldn't be. But this is very character-forward in a way I'm super happy about.

I'm also super happy about level 5 because it means I'll actually attempt to face enemies like the spider matriarch or the big fight with Nere at the end. As someone not particularly good at these games, I always felt underpowered, which made the combats very not fun. Maybe now I'll have a chance. Still not touching the Githyanki fight though, that still seems way tougher than it ought to be, given its place in the game.

F
addict
addict
F
Yup, certainly looks like it. We've got a couple of non-origin companions.

You can recruit them, but can't play them as MCs.

veteran
veteran
Oh yeah! There was so much good stuff in this that that reveal actually slipped my mind. I think that's super promising honestly.

veteran
veteran
In case nobody has noticed it, they changed the staff to Versatile. So Monks semi-confirmed ^^

I am curious if AlanaSPs Mod "Pinnacle Bodies" will be updated for patch 9. And, if yes, if it will be more complete then.

--> for those who dont know: the mod lets you use muscular bodies, exactly like the one we saw in the release date announcement trailer (the barbarian).

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Icelyn
Yay for fireball! Is owlbear wild shape also level 5? If so, I am looking forward to that as well!

Also, he said Minsc and Jaheira were companions, so does that mean nonorigin companions are officially confirmed? celebrate

The article was clear about them not being origin.
In this PFH Sven was clear about them being recruitable companion.

So I guess the answer is yes smile

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
old hand
old hand
Is Minsc actually available in this patch as a companion? Not sure if that was mentioned.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Maximuuus

claphands

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Saito Hikari
Is Minsc actually available in this patch as a companion? Not sure if that was mentioned.
It wasn't mentioned that he is. I am sure that if he was featured, he would be showcased during the stream. I doubt he will appear in available areas - perhaps around moonlight tower? Baldur's Gate more likely.

S
old hand
old hand
S
Does anyone have the description of the new druid wildshape spells? According to the patch note, here they are :
- Bear Honeyed Paws
- Boar Rage
- Boar Frenzied Strike
- Raven Bad Omen
- Giant Spider Entomb

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted by Maximuuus

claphands

This is also by far the most exciting news from the Panel From Hell/Patch for me. Here are my companion hopes after hearing this:

1. I'm still hoping more than just Karlach is coming as an origin character/major companion.
2. I am hoping with the origin companions and non-origin ones combined that we end up with twelve total.
3. If I am being greedy I think a lot of the story and things we have heard indicate that certain characters can love us or hate us based on what we do. It would be amazing if we not only get a companion for every class - but also if there were alternate options for some of them based on alignment/character choice.

addict
addict
Could someone list all the major mechanics/gameplay changes with this patch, apart from reactions and extra content/levels what do we have?

Last edited by Count Turnipsome; 15/12/22 07:59 AM.

It just reminded me of the bowl of goat's milk that old Winthrop used to put outside his door every evening for the dust demons. He said the dust demons could never resist goat's milk, and that they would always drink themselves into a stupor and then be too tired to enter his room..
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard