Alrik, if you read a post: Do you make up your mind after reading the content or after looking at the stars? Just imagine hot discussions, emotions flare up, one is angry and rates the other one with a low star: Does this make the gamer, who lost contenance or the other one who reacts defensive a lowrated one? Just because of a hotly discussed topic?
How many actually low rated a gamer, by pressing "submit" too fast, thinking 1 is good and 5 is bad grade? And what about gamers changing? You don't have a chance to change your vote afterwards...
Every newcomer here starts with no stars, who thinks of rating afterwards? So the silent ones seem to others like lowrated gamers, regardless of their quality input in scarce posts.
Rating is judgemental in my eyes, very judgemental.
Kiya

Elgi: Hurt feelings - please take into consideration that not every one has a solid self-confidence, consider the age variety.

To all: Rating is hierarchy - not democracy. There is enough hierarchy in RL everyday life we can't dive away from - do we have to transport this into the Forum? Popularity contest instead of teamwork? I've always loved the cordiality and friendliness here on the board - I fear this will change.