Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 100 of 156 1 2 98 99 100 101 102 155 156
N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Sorry zentu im just so confused at ppl being mad at the SHEER ADUCITY of this thread evening existing atm

Just feels wild to me

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
Ayyyyyy we hit 100 pages!

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
I do like the house of hope contract idea though,
Would prefer a new section of avernus personally but ill take what i can get. smile

Still holding on to hope we can restore karlachs fullbody get rid of engine and give her a real heart. That would get my serotine lvls JACKED i tell ya

Originally Posted by Norrec69
I feel lately the threads just getting brigaded. Not sure why as what we are originally doing (sharing ideas voicing our concerns and hopes to larian for an added ending, sharing bg3 news etc etc) harms absoluafely no one.

I can actually answer that one from experience: because when you like the game and/or the dev team and you see people being (in your eyes) unfairly critical of it, it perceives like an attack on a thing/people you like. And for many people that results in an urge to defend them. And the longer it goes on, the more it looks like people are being ungrateful and mean - the bigger the defensive urge gets.

God knows I've been that person more than a handful of times in my life.

Don't know why recently though, maybe we reached that threshold at which it seems we've been going on about this for way too long.

Wish there was a way to convey to people that we don't mean to attack Larian (hell, those rare of us who would do that actually meet consistent resistance within the thread). And talking about how we wish there was, well, more, doesn't mean that we don't appreciate what already is.

[Linked Image from tarraxahum.neocities.org]
Bard of Suzail
Bard of Suzail
I get that, the thread itself is fine and I agree coming in JUST to complain that the thread exists seems a bit odd, if you do not think a thread should exist it is easy, ignore it.

Sorry zentu im just so confused at ppl being mad at the SHEER ADUCITY of this thread evening existing atm

Just feels wild to me
Probably jealous Karlach gets a ton of attention, which is a good thing for us and for Larian for making such a great character - hence why we want the best for her. We just need one good ending she deserves considering she's tragic from birth and a good ending would basically be a big win for her.

The fact that a lot of people are disappointed with her endings says a lot honestly.

T
Banned
Banned
T
You are like those people who would bash idk game of thrones or something like this because they killed off your favourite character. Karlach was supposed to be doomed, they even said it in one of the interview, yet for some reason you wanna force them to change entire point of the character

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
congratulations for reaching 100 pages!!!!

Last edited by Blook88; 21/10/23 04:48 PM.

#JusticeForKarlach!
Originally Posted by Tinheart
Karlach was supposed to be doomed, they even said it in one of the interview, yet for some reason you wanna force them to change entire point of the character

Can you link me to that interview?

Bard of Suzail
Bard of Suzail
You are like those people who would bash idk game of thrones or something like this because they killed off your favourite character. Karlach was supposed to be doomed, they even said it in one of the interview, yet for some reason you wanna force them to change entire point of the character

Please lets not start this again. If people want to ask for a change let them. This does not hurt anyone and if you do not like the thread, as I said above, just ignore it.

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Your adorable My friend. I highly recommend just enjoying the game as is, its still a great game all things considered, rather then coming here and having nothing to add but misguided insults and false narratives.
Cheers mate smile

I promise you, we can't force Larian to do anything they decide they don't want to do. We simply don't have that kind of power. They are in no danger from us and are free to not take this feedback into account if they deem it unreasonable. In my opinion that wouldn't even really count as "Not listening to their players" because they clearly do with all the updates they're doing like magic mirrors and rumored photomodes. The only thing in our power is to stop playing if we can't handle it, which would be our right and wouldn't really hurt anyone seeing as the game is already bought.

D&D, however, is not the Game of Thrones, where stuff like this is much more expected (just as it isn't cyberpunk or any other genre in which characters being doomed by the narration is perfectly common), hence some of the bafflement.

EDIT: thank you Zentu!

Last edited by tarraxahum; 21/10/23 04:54 PM.

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
I just wish more of the last few pages werent so muxh ppl being upset at our requests in endings/content and having the back and forth

R
Rae Offline
R
Originally Posted by Walking Kole
Karlach was supposed to be doomed, they even said it in one of the interview, yet for some reason you wanna force them to change entire point of the character

Can you link me to that interview?

I would like to see it too. Because at least latest news told us, that the good ending was already created.

Bard of Suzail
Bard of Suzail
I just wish more of the last few pages werent so muxh ppl being upset at our requests in endings/content and having the back and forth

When a made a comment a bit back about "feeling the thread had run it's course" it was taken wrong. I am looking at the last few pages as you noted and in truth no real "new" discussion has been added for some time. The thread has provided some excellent posts articulation a great many views on this and obviously show a passion that has built around the character of Karlach. It is also cool that we have managed to get this thread to the 100 page mark, just to say we could do it hehe

As you noted however now there has been more posts of people being negative about the existence of the thread and that steals from what it was intended for. I think if this trend continues we should look at letting this thread end. It has served well for what it was intended, it just might be time to move on and not feed trolls.

(Just my opinion, not an official position)

R
Rae Offline
R

People wanted GoT final season completely remade because they don't like it. The main original thing we wanted here was to add back two most important locations for Karlach which were cut off from the game and where was the engine fix possible. Without them the whole story feels really unfinished.

There was no toxicity, just discussion about Karlachs removed content and what if discussion with various ideas. Nothing more.

Originally Posted by Rae
Because at least latest news told us, that the good ending was already created.

I don't think 'created' is the right word here, we don't know at which stage they were gotten rid of and why. But it does look like at some point they were considered. So, not supposed to be doomed from the start, likely. Now, what came first - the writing decision to forsake those endings orrrr [insert whatever happened that caused Act 3 to be the most criticized part of the game], that we'll likely never know. The latter would be more promising for our hopes than the former.

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Thats fair, but partly the no new* content in the thread is the fact larian hasnt really made any announcments yet. But id humbly argue this thread is a good place where ppl share any updates like interviews or twitter posts and such to discuss, so i hope you guys dont lock the thread as this is my (and many others here) first place to check for snything new regarding karlach. Which may be few and far between in updates as larian keeps their cards tight to their chest smile

Originally Posted by Zentu

When a made a comment a bit back about "feeling the thread had run it's course" it was taken wrong. I am looking at the last few pages as you noted and in truth no real "new" discussion has been added for some time. The thread has provided some excellent posts articulation a great many views on this and obviously show a passion that has built around the character of Karlach. It is also cool that we have managed to get this thread to the 100 page mark, just to say we could do it hehe

As you noted however now there has been more posts of people being negative about the existence of the thread and that steals from what it was intended for. I think if this trend continues we should look at letting this thread end. It has served well for what it was intended, it just might be time to move on and not feed trolls.

(Just my opinion, not an official position)

Thank you for clearing that up, appreciate it! Sorry for coming of as a bit... mean before, after you made that post because the 'run its course' comment sounded a bit odd for me so I apologize for misreading your post as a 'threat' to close this thread lol. laugh

It's also a good idea to ignore anyone who tries to derail it because honestly, it's such a good thread with plenty of ideas and just pure discussion.

Bard of Suzail
Bard of Suzail
Thats fair, but partly the no new* content in the thread is the fact larian hasnt really made any announcments yet. But id humbly argue this thread is a good place where ppl share any updates like interviews or twitter posts and such to discuss, so i hope you guys dont lock the thread as this is my (and many others here) first place to check for snything new regarding karlach. Which may be few and far between in updates as larian keeps their cards tight to their chest smile

There are no plans to lock the thread, do not worry hehe Just looking at all sides and possibilities.

Page 100 of 156 1 2 98 99 100 101 102 155 156

Link Copied to Clipboard