games made with originals in mind may improve in execution & efficiency but can never attain the original flavour & passion as well as soul of the orginal.

dungeon siege was made with diablo in mind & of course, with improvements. what was really lacking was the passion gamers have when playing the diablo series. all the technical wizardry & advancements are there but no soul. *shrugs*

back to NWN (pet or hate), kiya, i feel the 3rd add-on is the best so far, with the original campaign being the worst of the three. of course, i'm talking about the single-player bit. i'm sorry i cannot be objective on why it's better. it just plays better & i for the first time really enjoy NWN when playing the 3rd add-on. plus, i love deekin, the kobold bard/dragon disciple henchman (or henchlizard). i haven't got my copy of BD so i cannot find out yet who's my fav sidekick. deekin reminds of my kitten; he can try his darnest to be annoying but can't help being cute.

as for other RPGs (are we talking strictly fantasy/medieval RPGs?), i like the fallout SPECIAL system best. classless, like Divinity series, & open-ended.

i have to admit, more than diablo series, i prefer Nox from westwood studios (bless them). it's fun, frantic enough, & not insanely difficult that it puts me off in frustration. it's one of a few games that i keep re-playing. especially if u have the free-addon NoxQuest.

other than that, my experience in RPGs are very very limited. Nox was my first, then diablo 2, then the rest. i'm a RTS gamer who realised that he's a dormant RPG gamer.

don't forget; freedom force!

......a gift from LaFille......