Okok - I out myself as a book-reading dinosaur. Why?

1. Opening a novel book is like an invitation into a world of imagination and wonders. The author is the guide, I'm the follower. Opening a non-fiction book is like entering a fountain of knowledge. I drink it up

2. I like the smell of paper very much. Though... I prefer the vanilla scent of books out of the 50es and very much older (the nice yellow ones)

3. Lying on a couch and delving into this paper world belongs together for me - a print out or reading via monitor is not the same for me.

4. Having a whole pile of books waiting to be read by myself gives me the feeling of being very very rich.

5. If I feel sad, bad or am tired and fed-up I have my list of favourite novels to go into, over and over again. So, for an island => I'd take a lot of Pratchett books with me, not to forget my Asterix comics. Why? I love the humour in both series, they cheer me up. I know passages by heart that help me - I quote them often. When it comes to non-fiction books => gee, too many to fit into a suitcase, as I'm interested in a lot of fields. In fact, I own more non-fiction than novels.