If I'm not totally wrong, cloneing isn't the only thing you an do with stem-cell
research. I think they are allso looking into cures for several diseases they havn't been able to cure in other ways

you are quite right here Ub, but how will you make the difference between the 2 issues?

trouble is not being anti stem-cell research as it has not real sense but how to controll it, i think...

as a matter of fact in france too we assist to something like a return of the religious in this matter... it is easily understandable for the reason Kyra has enounced but i don't think that this controll should be made only in the name of religious matter as there is a possibility of a rational and not religious bioethics, but i don't think either that scientific researchers can be controlling themshelves... so there is no other solution than a government controll...

anyway relationship with religion is just a problem among others for stem-cell research i think... i must confess i am more troubled by the political and economical decisions to instore a kind of "intellectual propriety" (brevets-- i don't know how you say that in english) over the genomas' sequences as it would reserve the possibility to make serious researches to 3 or 4 labs (the richest ones)

about stem-cell i think also all the thing has been a bit too overmediatized as the state of research is currently not so advanced to be really worrying (well if i don't mistake too much but it's really far from my speciality so i may be mistaking: we are yet trying to decode genomas sequences and seeing what we can do with that... nothing really more)... it is yet a very young part of science.
well maybe newspapers should have kept on speaking about Monica Lewinski actually...

or should we bring back the old debate about Memory of Water?

MG!!! The most infamous member these forums have ever got!