Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
K
stranger
stranger
K
This patch has completely broken my game. I'm playing on PS5. ACT 3 at about 130 hours in.

Shadowheart is broken. She no longer animates at all and just floats around. If not controlled by me then she will not move or follow the party at all. Initiating dialogue with her results in a 60 second+ wait before she responds. Leaving dialogue and initiating again gives a longer wait. Sometimes she will not respond at all and my character is stuck waiting for dialogue and can never move.

Other characters have a similar issue and take increasingly longer waits to respond.

Killing Shadowheart doesn't fix it, nor does respeccing her. If I load any of my earlier saves (I have 10 saves spanning hours) she is broken in all of them.

I cannot progress. Removing her from my party still leaves the lagging dialogue which, as I said, gets increasingly worse.

I have reloaded multiple saves to try and get this to work but it is broken in all of them. It was working just fine prior to the patch. I will have to park this save and hope for a fix. This is the most broken I've seen a game become because of a patch!

H
stranger
stranger
H
Since Patch 4, the loot window does not close by itself when I pick everything from it. Only if I press the button "pick all" twice, or if I press x (escape).

"Fixed doors sometimes looking like they're open but acting like they're closed. You can now walk through them as expected by selecting the ground beyond."

This bug is not solved for me.

Trading became a nightmare after the patch, not only on Playstation, I play on PC.

stranger
stranger
Since August, the most popular theme is that BG 3 is an easy game and after months of silence, do you add kisses ???

M
stranger
stranger
M
This patch has wrecked my game
Respec Screen and Magic mirror freeze my game, inventory freezes, Parry members dont follow properly.
On PC
Specs:
I9-13900HX
RTX4090
64GB RAM
Samsung 990 EVO PRo SSD (2TBx2)
I'm in Act 3 and really dont want to bork my save through bugs

S
stranger
stranger
S
Is it just the kissing scenes that are bugged? Or other stuff in dialogue, too?

I did the quest to find Minsc in the sewers, found him and fake Jaheira talking that halfling trader (forgot the name, the one you also meet in the goblin camp and Moonrise). They talked about the gold, the trader said they'll go to the guild hall, and suddenly I was in combat with the 3. Felt a bit odd, like something was skipped.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Salo
An update:

Today’s update also upgrades AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution to Version 2.2, enabling an increase in image quality for FSR users, with similar performance benefits to FSR 1.0. Steam Deck users, rejoice!

Excellent...;) I've actually been running the game with FSR off @ 4k and eye-candy maxed and haven't had a bit of trouble so far. (3900X/RX-6900 XT/Win11 build 22635.2700) But I will give 2.2 a shot. Just for the heck of it. But I've found the performance and stability to be really nice running without upscaling. It's easy to see how much blood, sweat, and tears Larian devs have put into this masterpiece. I haven't been this impressed with a game since Witcher 3 in 2015...;) (Hard to believe that was 9 years ago! Time flies, eh?) If BG3 isn't game of the year, I'll eat my hat...;)

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
N
stranger
stranger
N
I totally agree garoo.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Thanks for the update.

As usual some improvements and some major steps backward. For example: Gale has a bag in his inventory full of scrolls. Now when I click on the Items tab of the hotbar it shows all of the scrolls in his bag. Also in the last third of the hotbar when you click on the division button for the three sections: now it is full of scrolls too. Can't even arrange it because too much in there so that I can't get to the ones that I want in there. Namely: potions and res scroll. Now it is 100% useless!

But seriously thanks for all the work you are doing. You just don't seem to have very good control of your own code and the side effects that fixes cause. That or you have horrible decision making.

Last edited by LoneWolfREM; 02/11/23 09:47 PM.
C
stranger
stranger
C
EDIT: played around with it and confirmed that all issues were indeed mod-related!

Some issues I'm seeing immediately after installing Patch 4 (that could be mod-related, as I'm using several):

Upon game launch, all the buttons on the main menu are invisible. If I click around in that area, I can eventually hit them but visually, that left side of the main menu is just blank.
The Traveler's Chest is now empty. Checked other characters/saves, same thing. Checked other containers that normally have at least some junk, all empty. Started a new character and all chests and "containers" (including the bodies) in the tutorial area are all empty.
When creating that new character to test the empty containers issue, I found the sliders aren't working for makeup and hair color (highlights, greying) intensity.

Last edited by Cyn123; 02/11/23 11:50 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by InfamousIncubus
When a character uses an off-hand ranged attack, Dexterity is no longer added to the damage. This now aligns with off-hand melee attacks.

RIP dual hand crossbow builds
range attack as a bonus action doesn't die because of removing dexterity which wasn't meant to be there in the first place

anyone using lightning or ice will still cream your damage scores

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
T
stranger
stranger
T
If you mean ' me ' as perpetual complainer, I've like, 5 posts ever in this forums?

they need to fix A3 - it's unplayable. I'm thinking this is something they should be told if they haven't figured it out on their own yet. not all of us have a nuclear power plant running our PCs...

B
old hand
old hand
B
Took me a while to download ...
Act 2, Shadowheart as Avatar, Gale, respeced Karlach, respeced and Magic Mirrored Zenith Firesale. No mods. I loaded the save, ambushed the Dyder&Friends for the foul-mouthed lantern.
No issues.
But I admit that this was 5 minutes of play ...

I am not a very observant player, but it seems that my Shadowheart gained an "avatar" tag in her portrait.

I updated the nVidia graphics driver just before updating BG3.

Last edited by Buba68; 02/11/23 11:42 PM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
The patches for Baldur's Gate 3 on GOG.com are out of sync with the other platforms on which it is sold! The GOG based item is still on Patch 3 Hotfix 3 while other platforms are now up to Patch 4. Can this please be rectified?

B
stranger
stranger
B
Thanks for the update Larian!

Small detail, but just wondering if:

- The magicians by the fountain in front of Sorcerous Sundries will now actually cast cantrips for their gathered audience instead of just talking as though they are.

is working as intended? My save game still has them just standing there.

Cheers!

apprentice
apprentice
Please tell me the removal of access to all hair colours in character creation is a bug?!

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by MrGrymReaper
The patches for Baldur's Gate 3 on GOG.com are out of sync with the other platforms on which it is sold! The GOG based item is still on Patch 3 Hotfix 3 while other platforms are now up to Patch 4. Can this please be rectified?
I have this on GOG. The game updated this morning for me. If you're talking about offline installers for updates, blame GOG. GOG builds the offline installers, and it can take them a day or longer to put them out. Use Galaxy if you want updates when they're available.

S
stranger
stranger
S
GOG builds offline installer when they get it from Larian. Is not like Larian does not have installers, and GOG is building from scratch. Larian has his part to "blame" too.And I agree that waiting a day, as you suggested, will suffice.

Last edited by SiriusFun; 03/11/23 01:42 AM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Salo
An update:

Today’s update also upgrades AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution to Version 2.2, enabling an increase in image quality for FSR users, with similar performance benefits to FSR 1.0. Steam Deck users, rejoice!

And why Larian did not mention in patch note that, finally, after 2 months delay, it managed to implement FSR2.2? It is one of the most important, demanded and old request, which you also delayed implementing too long.
I find quite shameful how Larian treat gamers and customers if they choose another videocard than Nvidia RTX. Not only Steamdeck gamers, all gamers which have AMD videocards in their PC and, ironic, all Nvidia GTX owners, which also benefits from FSR2 (while blocked to use DLSS).
How you managed this is just unprofessionally and lame, and gamers are very keen to notice this kind of dark pattern practices.
If Nvidia did not allow you to mention it, just blink twice, we understand if you were compelled to obey your "master" wink wink
A much better mention would have been: "AMD videocards users, including Steam Deck and other consoles, and ALSO Nvidia GTX ones, REJOICE using upgraded AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution to Version 2.2!"
P.S. Hope you get enough humor to take it as a constructive criticism, even if it may be harsh for you. I assure you that for gamers with AMD videocards which bought this game, it was harsher to see how Larian treated them and managed this situation, at least until now. Wish you good luck on improving from now on.

Last edited by SiriusFun; 03/11/23 09:01 AM.
This is so great! Lots of hard work; my game is running great.

I will say, as a side for your next patch, dialogue with romanced Astarion is still getting cut off when asking for a kiss. Something minor but it could help smile

#JusticeForAstarion
veteran
veteran
try returning to camp, kick all party members, make a hard save [not quick or auto] then restart your computer / load that save and test if Shadowheart will now follow you

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard