SPOILERS:

I've reached Act 3 romacing Karlach. Loved the character. I am a sucker for this combination of badassery and kindness. So I dove into her development. It was my main priority honestly.

When I had the interaction with the Steel Watcher, I felt the game was leading me somwhere, and I was sure that we would be able to fix her infernal engine. So, down to the factory. When I defeated the first Steel Watcher, it dropped the Enriched Infernal Iron. I found the better version of what is used to encase her engine, so I was even more sure that we would be able to fix her engine. All I needed was to help the gondians, and surely, since they had experience with the upgraded infernal iron version, they would be able to help. So I manage to save everyone on the Iron Throne. It was quite hard, but it would be worth it, because agaian, FOR SURE the gondians would be able to help the character I was investing time on.

So, I did everything and found strange when my OC didn't mention her heart to the gondians... OK, let's face Gortash. The speech she gave after it was awesome, and it would make the moment we fix her engine much more impactful. So not wanting to ruin my time investment in this character, I compromised to read spoilers for her endings.

For fucks sake... She has no good endings. How is that even possible? In my head we had plenty oportunities storywise to fix her. Fuck, she even mentioned a Wish speIl. I was mad at the writers for playing me dirty there... But after thinking a little, I came to the conclusion that her character is unfinished. Larian is not bad at creating stories. I prefer to think they dropped the ball somewhere, and compromised on releasing a finished character. It's not ideal, but it happens. What makes me worried is Larian saying that the last update gave her desired ending... I hope this was communication mistake, honestly. Her desired ending is simple: her engine fixed and away from Avernus, while being herself.

I dropped this campaign, and started anew, with few mods to spice a little. But I am steering waaaaaaay clear from Karlach and Wyll. Karlach for being unfinished, and Wyll because I feel his story is too tied to Karlach's, and I fear he is also unfinished.