Next Thread
Print Thread
#642278 12/02/18 11:05 AM
M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
So, I finally beat the game (fantastic game by the way!), but I'm a little confused by the endings (Spoilers):

If you give up your source to seal away the god-king and become a silent monk wouldn't the same thing happen be to Lucian? Also what about the eternals, like Dallas? I thought it was source that kept them going? Oh, did I miss something with Malady? She seemed to want something from us not that was never elaborated on? Her background was pretty much a mystery; did I miss something? Oh, when did Gareth get purged?

Oh, I was playing with friends and thought it odd that we each couldn't see our own endings, but saw those of the other two as part of the epilogue. I think I would have preferred to have seen all three. Playing Sebille, my friends told me that there was no mention of her being the elven Scion, etc.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Hi!

In your ending Lucian becomes depowered and turns into a mortal. But it's kept a secret so that he can continue to rule. Malady's story is never resolved no matter what you do, so don't bother looking for answers. Although in your case she is screwed for good since you are powerless and can't help her in her quest.

Gareth got purged because you didn't convince him to abandon revenge against the Order. The only way to save him is to persuade him to stand down when you meet him and Alexandar on Nameless Isle. If you don't then he continues to fight them, gets captured off-screen and turned into a Silent monk.

Don't know what's up with the endings smile

M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Thanks for the reply! Still confused about this:

Godwoken gives up source to seal void -> turns into silent monk
Lucian gives up source to seal void -> turns mortal but is okay otherwise

No source = eternals (Dallas) are still okay?

I could have sworn I told Gareth to back down. I did kill Alexander though, so maybe that triggered it?

Would have loved more Malady background. Arhu was barely in there game too. :-(

Plus, there really wasn't a super happy ending. Even in sealing the void away Lucian and Dallas got aware with torturing, mutilating and killing many godwoken and sourcerers. Oh, I love how the succubus that was in the game for 5 minutes got a shout-out at the end (sarcasm), but the blood-oranges did make me chuckle.

E
stranger
stranger
E
I need to check some in-game literature, but I am pretty sure that Lucian was never a Sourcerer. He was a Marked one in Divine Divinity and then because he was capable enough the gods dumped their power on him. Otherwise I have no explanation for his well-being in this ending. Although if you give up your Source Malady manages to restore your mind - maybe Dallis did the same with Lucian?

Btw about Dallis - the Eternals were like this (resistant to death I mean) even before the Gods have harvested Source, so I'm pretty sure that they don't need it to continue their existence.

The only time I managed to save Gareth is when I spared Alexandar and convinced him to help me become the next Divine. If Alex dies on Nameless Isle because of you, Gareth is pretty much screwed.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Yeah, this always felt a bit rushed. I hope they can add a few rewrites in there to make things clearer. The endings are otherwise fine (and I hope there will be an expansion after the build-up with Malady), but this needs more text to really get what we're doing there.

Edit: Huh, replayed the end a bit. The explanations are all fine, but there is really no indicator what will happen when you sacrifice your source. The rest makes sense.

Last edited by Zelon; 13/02/18 08:02 PM.
M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
I would love a continuation of the story where you help Malady and fight the god-king. Wondering why Malady was in that one dream-realm fight for the Red Prince's storyline....

Y
Y
True. It's half-cooked. I am on the same page concerning the endings--they're ok. It's the stuff that leads to them that feels rushed.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard