@ Plowking

In Win98SE there are other things that will affect your AGP capabilities.... interestingly enough they often has NOTHING to do with AGP...

AGP in 98 wont work if:

1. Your USB drivers are incorrect / outdated according to the card's requirements (No i dont know what AGP and USB has in common, but since the bery first AGP cards, this has been a problem witn 95 and 98)

2. You dont have the motherboard vendor's Chipset drivers installed (even though 98 installs their "own" drivers, it very often just doesnt initialise the PCI to AGP bridges.

3. Your "boot from" option in the BIOS is not set to AGP (i think you mentioned that you did change it already)

4. If all this fails, go to www.driverguide.com and search for your card's FCC ID or chipset number (The FCC number on your card will be marked FCCID: XXX-999999 or soemthing similar, the chipset number is the number on the biggest chip on the card). The reason why you search for this chipnumber / FCCID, is that it may be tat your card requires a chip-specific driver (not nesisarily by the vendor) to work in 98 (it happens,a good example is the Nvidia cards made by ASUS, you first have to install the ASUS nvidia drivers, and then you can optionally update the drivers with the nvidia generics - in 98 not XP for those who were about to argue the point) So, searching for the chipset numbers, will point out which drivers you need.

Other than that, you can search the windows update for driver updates, this may also help to update the relevant stuff.

Edit:

(I just read that you have the asus nvidia, so make sure that your motherboard drivers are installed, the USB updated etc, and then first do the asus driver installation before you attempt to update this driver or install the generic from nvidia.)

If your motherboard only supports up to 4x AGP, this may cause the card not to work.... just check your motherboard specifications...

When you do get it installed and fuctional, you may have hangups or freezes if your motherboard only supports 4x AGP (but the card works, on some boards it will, while others are more fussy), The easiest way to correct these will be to go into your display settings and set your performance down to 50% or 75%. Doing a update on your motherboard's BIOS version also sometimes fix problems with AGP handling... your motherboard vendor will have it listed (if it will fix the problem) as a fix on the Bios updates.

Your existence alone, is excuse enough for the creation of the entire universe… Il you my darling Jeanne-Dré 