I have the computer on which I'm writing this message for six months now, and it has 2 DVD-drive's: A normal DVD-reader, and a DVD-burner. But a while ago, I noticed that my Burner didn't recognized DVD's anymore, I didn't pay much attention at that time, and I inserted the DVD's in my other drive. But today I wanted to write something on DVD, and noticed again that the drive doesn't recognizes DVD's. It states that the drive is empty. I get this error with Movie DVD's, Game DVD's and even with blank ones. It still recognizes normal CD's though, so I googled it, but wasn't able to find a solution. So I hope someone on the forum here can help me.
I have uninstalled the DVD-drive and let Windows detect it and reinstall it without succes, and that is what I have tried so far, I don't wanna mess things up like I used to do with my old PC. There seems to be a hotfix from Windows avaible, but you need to contact customer support and for that, they charge a fee, while on their pages it clearly states that it is a bug caused by Windows.
I also read that it can be caused by a bad reading lense of the DVD-drive, does anyone knows if that is the case, that it falls under warranty(not sure if this is the correct word)?

Thanks in advance
Isorun