Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#902598 24/09/23 01:32 PM
U
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
U
In the last patch, you made Raphael visually worse, fix him.

Stop updating the visual appearance of NPC's to make them worse.

His Majesty was also an egregiousand disgusting example of this.

stranger
stranger
I am curious why they felt the need to change Raphael’s Appearance? Maybe they thought that stereotypical demons all have black hair in human form?

Perhaps the same with His Majesty, perhaps they did not think that a Sphinx cat was regal/royal enough to fit His Majesty’s personality? I for one liked His Majesty as his original breed as well.

I do wish Larian would do polls or have discussions on potential changes planned in future updates. That way they can gauge if that’s what the community wants? (But that’s unrealistic and no company should be required to seek approval for every little change/or trust community decisions all the time. Still a nice thought to have though)

I am curious if they will revert the changes, Patch 3, I would say really made playing the game a bit tedious.

Bow down and profess your love unto me. Or I shall destroy you.
C
stranger
stranger
C
They also changed his cinematic devil form to the standard cambion horns, removing the unique ones he had before. Just very odd to do in a random patch and also not present in the patch notes.

addict
addict
Huh? What all did they do?

stranger
stranger
Do you happen to have a screenshot of the horns? After seeing the new dyes my laptop is not getting patch 3.

Last edited by eSpasm; 24/09/23 05:25 PM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
Raphael, His Majesty, Shared Stash... Why? Just why?

B
old hand
old hand
B
You would think they could find more important things to use their energy on.

U
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
U
Originally Posted by Verzkyia
I am curious why they felt the need to change Raphael’s Appearance? Maybe they thought that stereotypical demons all have black hair in human form?

Perhaps the same with His Majesty, perhaps they did not think that a Sphinx cat was regal/royal enough to fit His Majesty’s personality? I for one liked His Majesty as his original breed as well.

I do wish Larian would do polls or have discussions on potential changes planned in future updates. That way they can gauge if that’s what the community wants? (But that’s unrealistic and no company should be required to seek approval for every little change/or trust community decisions all the time. Still a nice thought to have though)

I am curious if they will revert the changes, Patch 3, I would say really made playing the game a bit tedious.

Loiterally all of these changes reduce the charisma of these characters, and make them less unique.

stranger
stranger
I'm hoping they revert all the random unnecessary changes done to Raphael. They made for the perfect antagonist from personality to presentation. He has everything you could want in a villain. His brown hair suits his complexion and demeanor, giving him this... cinnamon spicy inviting appearance, which is half the allure and fun about him.

Demoting his horns down to a basic cambion also feels unfair to how heavy a presence he is.

He deserves to stay unique and away from overused tropes such as Black Hair = Evil man; it's too on the nose and looks and feels uncanny. It's amazing just how much a simple alteration in color and shade can completely change a character's entire perceived persona.

That and I would like to point out that Raphael's most recent concept art has him indeed with brown hair.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by Denathrius; 26/09/23 05:45 AM.
stranger
stranger
This patch has been an extremely confusing development for some one with at least 400 hrs in the game. Not mentioning the things that broke, these aesthetic changes make me quite peeved. I am not really sure if this was something anyone asked for which baffles me even more because if no one asked why did they do it in the first place.

L
stranger
stranger
L
i totally agree! i want The devs to leave visual stuff alone for now and focus on the bugs! theres so much more important stuff to be dedicating time to!

K
stranger
stranger
K
These patches are becoming like Microsoft updates....I cringe when my computer tells me that I need to update. My first run with this game, I had zero bugs. Now, I spend more time trying to fiddle with vendors in order to get the game to save, teleporting to Dammon to try and keep the ox from killing him instantly....

I'm not sure why they are making so many changes rather than just fixing bugs at this stage. I'm also not sure what influences these decisions. Is there a post where they explain their rationale?

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by KiwiLifter
These patches are becoming like Microsoft updates....I cringe when my computer tells me that I need to update. My first run with this game, I had zero bugs. Now, I spend more time trying to fiddle with vendors in order to get the game to save, teleporting to Dammon to try and keep the ox from killing him instantly....

I'm not sure why they are making so many changes rather than just fixing bugs at this stage. I'm also not sure what influences these decisions. Is there a post where they explain their rationale?

I have 300 hours myself and I'm only in Act 2. This is the first patch where I've had more bugs in 10 minutes of Patch 3, than all of Launch till now combined. Seriously, the game was practically flawless for me, I don't know what happened.

J
J
The devs are overloaded and QA seems to be on vacation... In Larians place I'd announce the next Patch for March 24, send the devs for a month on vacation and then start actually fixing stuff. I never had game breaking bugs before, now several in a row and my save games are unusable.

R
apprentice
apprentice
R
Yes, Raphael's original hair was perfect for him. There was really no need to change it. Please change it back.

K
stranger
stranger
K
lol, I thought it was a lightning bug with his black hair. Damn, why did they make that change?
Please give him his old appearance back!

stranger
stranger
I don't even like Raphael and I agree. This is not early access, so why are we making changes like this? For me, changing His Majesty is far worse and until reverted is unforgivable.

Z
addict
addict
Z
I am playing on Geforce now and Boosteroid max setting.
I became colorblind or I don't know what's happening with Raphael. I checked him in act 1-2-3 and in cambion form Ofc after patch. But for me the hair of Raphael is brown.
I have the same settings. Mybe it's some settings related.
I dont want to insult every one of you. Majesty I don't checked.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by ZOZO1006
I am playing on Geforce now and Boosteroid max setting.
I became colorblind or I don't know what's happening with Raphael. I checked him in act 1-2-3 and in cambion form Ofc after patch. But for me the hair of Raphael is brown.
I have the same settings. Mybe it's some settings related.
I dont want to insult every one of you. Majesty I don't checked.

I have GeForce RTX at max settings as well. Here is what I see, it goes from a nice cinnamon brown to stark black:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Please excuse the lighting on the second picture, I was using a Moon Lantern at the time, and that's why it looks so shiny. Brown hair will have a nice shine to it too in that lighting.

Last edited by Denathrius; 26/09/23 05:47 AM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
I don't understand why Larian is focusing on needless cosmetic stuff (some improvements, some like Raphael decidedly not) when bigger issues like gameplay exist. Devs need to look at the simplified leveling up and do something about it, not to mention add another difficulty layer. There's nothing difficult about Tactician.

Last edited by MSGamer; 26/09/23 06:14 AM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard