Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#849158 20/04/23 09:40 PM
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Why nerf divine favor so it only lasts 3 rounds? It's so arbitrary and strange. Many spells got that kind of nerf, while some other spells are way more powerful than they should be.

veteran
veteran
Nerfing most control spells and letting "Wet" casually double electrical and cold damage kind of shows what kind of gameplay is being promoted here.

I think they refuse to understand control is a viable way to play a spellcaster and that some people actually enjoy it much more than blasting away with reckless abandon and unlimited rests.

Originally Posted by 1varangian
Nerfing most control spells and letting "Wet" casually double electrical and cold damage kind of shows what kind of gameplay is being promoted here.

I think they refuse to understand control is a viable way to play a spellcaster and that some people actually enjoy it much more than blasting away with reckless abandon and unlimited rests.

There will always be mods luckily. But we'll have to wait far beyond the initial release date to experience those.

veteran
veteran
yes the base code allows it so it will be simple to undo these "fixes"

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Most of the time you're just better off dipping your weapon in fire, or using the copious amounts of basic poison laying around. I don't imagine I'd waste my concentration and a spell slot for three rounds of 1d4 radiant damage, but I guess sometimes radiant is better. I believe the duration of Divine Favor is supposed to be one minute, no less.

Overall, all the spell nerfs don't make a great deal of sense given all the indirect nerfs to spells Larian has inflicted on us. Movement is so cheap in BG3, given ridiculous jumping distances and all the movement boosting items, nullifying battlefield control. Durations and effects have been slashed and degraded almost across the board. And the means of removing such effects have also been trivialized, by and large. Concentration can be an absolute pain in this game. It's all rather annoying, really. Yes, mods will fix most of it, but mods have to be updated post-patch and can lead to other annoyances.

veteran
veteran
Also worth noting, and something that's never brought up, is that this game is getting released on console too. So saying mods will fix it, unless Im mistaken, does nothing for console players, who will be left in the lurch.

S
old hand
old hand
S
Originally Posted by Gray Ghost
Also worth noting, and something that's never brought up, is that this game is getting released on console too. So saying mods will fix it, unless Im mistaken, does nothing for console players, who will be left in the lurch.
Bethesda achieved modding on modern console, so who knows...

veteran
veteran
You shouldn't have to mod a Baldur's Gate game to play like D&D.

You could mod it to play more like Divinity.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by 1varangian
You shouldn't have to mod a Baldur's Gate game to play like D&D.

You could mod it to play more like Divinity.

Yeah, when you think about it for any length of time, it's a pretty bizarre turn of events.

Link Copied to Clipboard