Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Bard of Suzail
Bard of Suzail
Originally Posted by Blade238
but it seems the AMD 7000 series GPUs don't work with DX11 on Baldurs Gate.

I have tested with a 7900XT and 7700XT and both work fine. The issue your having is not as simple as "blank" card or driver has an issue.

Last edited by Zentu; 05/11/23 02:13 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by FurryHamDo
My patch 4 is 103 GB, something is very wrong. How can I get this fixed
Second that. Are you on GOG? I am.

On the day of patch 4 release, the download size was about 53 GB, but I didn't have time (2 hours with my connection) to DL it.
Next day I tried to re-enable the download in GOG Galaxy, and the size went up to 103.85 GB. Now it says the download will take 4-5 hours. Not so much different from full reinstall, you know.

Is this normal? I understand Larian has little influence on how GOG packs the patches, but maybe something can be done?

I'm really not sure whether I should DL this, or reinstall from scratch, or maybe wait and see...

R
journeyman
journeyman
R
So i am in the middle of act 3, romancing Gale this time.

Him as well as Astarion have no functioning Kiss Option. I also heard, Wyll is bugged, too. Some dialogue parts are not even voiced. They wanted to please the Karlach and Halsin Romancers, but basically broke two or three other Companions for it. That makes the game impossible for me. You ask your partner for a kiss, but the dialogues just end as if you clicked "leave". I got the new script extender and it still doesn't work. Several people who use -no- mods, experience the same problems.

I worry, too. It's a great game. But if nothing is done, that would make a lot of people, me included lose the fun with the game and that would be very sad. I hope they will either fix it real quick, or give an option, that you can roll back to patch 3. It's especially frustrationg, that this happen if you're in act 3 already and look forward to see a good ending. But now i'm worried that the options to get the ending we want, are also missing. This isn't fair. If romance is a thing, all companions should work, not just one or two. It feels like an ongoing Beta test, but we paid for a fully functioning game. Larian, please....make those things work again and soon. frown

Last edited by Rebel Moon; 05/11/23 06:40 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Salo
  • Fixed your Dexterity modifier being added to ranged off-hand damage before you have the Dual Wielder feat.
Probably meant Two-Weapon Fighting feat which belongs to Fighter/Ranger/Paladin classes, because Dual Wielder is a level 4 feat which merely enables the character to dual wield non-light weapons while providing +1AC.

Overall very nice update. Would be nice if the Ogres despawning could get fixed, been a bug for over a year now.

T
addict
addict
T
Well yu Just Put on the Table Something that actually made me Stop Playing this Game too bro.. yu are not alone..

"They wanted to please the Karlach and Halsin Romancers, but basically broke two or three other Companions for it."
(what yu just say bro.. its the Truth.. and its not just Then they Broke.. All of then got Broke Since 2.0 just when they Try to Start Fixing karlach, Halsin, Minthara.)
Thats why Shoehorned Characters are always Hated.. becouse when they Try change things for then to have a place in the Tale.. Broke all the Rest.

And i just Had to Gave up on the Game becouse of That.. its just anoying..
i Bet that people dosent really care to Romance in Games i my Self never bother that much, i always saw those things like a Flavor in Games and in my opinion just improve on the Tale yu are Having..
but Since they start Trying to Please the fans and Fix those characters... the game just Start to Become Unplayable for me, not just the Romance Parts but the entire Thing..
Bunch of Game Blockers and Visual Bugs all over the place.
(that in my opinion its the Most Shit thing ever to Have becouse Brake imersion pretty Hard..)

But thast really True.. and i dont think its fair.. to actually please some at the cost of all others..
but ho cares yu know ?
i bet the Karlach, Halsin Fans are having a Blast.. while we get to stay put having a shitty time..
Urray! haha

(And 1 funny Thing its that i start to hate those characters becouse of this Bad situation.. i never Care that much for then, but now that they took away my fun and Enjoyment with the game.. i have a Real reason to hate then a lot..and i beleave that this will happen a Lot if they Did not Fix this Asap.. those characters will pay a Heavy Price for that..)

(i already Saw a Bunch of People that Hate Karlach and Halsin and this Situation will only Make then Hated even more.. trust me.)

Last edited by Thorvic; 05/11/23 08:37 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Blade238
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
In that case, I'm sorry to report that the stuttery performance I saw in Vulkan doesn't seem to happen with DX11 eek

It's a long shot, but I had lots of problems with DX11 in early access due to the Windows 11 DVR that went away after I disabled it, though what I'd been seeing prior to that was extremely low frame rates (like <10 FPS) rather than crashing.
No dice. The game stuttering and FPS drops are nonexistent with DX11 as you said, but I'm still unable to use it (CTD after 5 minutes). I attempted your suggestion and many others online, but it seems the AMD 7000 series GPUs don't work with DX11 on Baldurs Gate. Hopefully a hotfix patches the FPS drops, because this last patch made the game essentially unplayable (or at least enjoyable) for me.

Edit: I wish I could rollback to patch 3 on Steam. I'm worried they leave it in this state or worse and I'm left with a bricked game basically.
My game is stuttering pretty heavy in act 3 after this patch and I use DX11.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
H
stranger
stranger
H
I feel like people's expectations and some severe reactions could be tampered with a bit more communication from the team. A general outline of features that are currently in development or even just acknowledging major complaints/bugs would do wonders.

hug

C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by Hegyi
I feel like people's expectations and some severe reactions could be tampered with a bit more communication from the team. A general outline of features that are currently in development or even just acknowledging major complaints/bugs would do wonders.

hug
I absolutely agree. More communication from the team could help, such as the release of small hotfixes that resolve at least the most serious situations. For example, I've been stuck in act 3 for three days, because Shadowheart doesn't want to follow me anymore and Gale continually abandons the group to reach the statue of Mytra after he's already spoken to her. I removed all the mods but the problems remain, the only solution I've discovered is to start act 3 directly again, losing several hours of gameplay, but I'm afraid to do so because I don't want to find myself with these problems again.

Y
stranger
stranger
Y
Originally Posted by RutgerF

On the day of patch 4 release, the download size was about 53 GB, but I didn't have time (2 hours with my connection) to DL it.
Next day I tried to re-enable the download in GOG Galaxy, and the size went up to 103.85 GB. Now it says the download will take 4-5 hours. Not so much different from full reinstall, you know.

Is this normal? I understand Larian has little influence on how GOG packs the patches, but maybe something can be done?

I'm really not sure whether I should DL this, or reinstall from scratch, or maybe wait and see...
GOG is annoying like that, even in Early Access it always downloaded the whole game from scratch.

I tried to click at the setting tab on the game's page in GOG Galaxy (the two lines with two dots), then clicked at Manage Installation -> Configure.., disabled the automatic update, chose the v4.1.1.3882084 update that was 6 days ago, and now Galaxy is downloading the 58.27GB update

Then I'll try installing the offline patch to v4.1.1.3905231. Can't say it'll work, because I'm still downloading the 58GBs, but it's worth a try

I'll keep you updated how it goes

journeyman
journeyman
I do understand that people playing on GeForce now are a minority but I also think it's important to remember that we are paying for the game twice. We pay to buy the game on Steam and then we pay to play the game on GeForce now. No other platform pays for the game on a monthly basis after already paying to purchase the game. The fact that nobody can play on GeForce now is a problem. I don't expect a response because obviously it's not a big problem for anybody else but I'm hoping the game will come back sooner rather than later. Every single person playing on GeForce now can not play the game.

Of course, I post this and 3 minutes later the game is back. I'm a happy camper again. Thank you for doing a good job at fixing this issue.

Last edited by ShaolinStoner; 05/11/23 05:34 PM. Reason: I jumped the gun. Issue was fixed by the time I posted about it.

Shaolin Stoner
F
stranger
stranger
F
Another user with errors after patch 4 ... also 103Gb from Gog.

The instruction referenced memory .... memory could not be written. This error happens on launching after patch 4. Previously worked completely fine, no hardware changes. Won't launch. Not happy.

N
stranger
stranger
N
Perhaps this will be useful to someone.
Performance benchmark Patch 3 vs Patch 4

veteran
veteran

its normal yes... Larian changed it on PC because of bugs so you fact got a patch + a hotfix for some of the things that patch busted

less than 24 hours later the off line installers [made by Gog staff came out

just to be clear, Larian makes the patches then sends them to Steam and Gog at the same time... only Gog makes the off line files but you are on Galaxy so your files are Larian controlled

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
R
stranger
stranger
R
Wow, great to see all of these fixes, as I'd run into a number of the bugs that they address. I know very well how hard it is to get software of this complexity perfectly aligned, and I appreciate the hard work here. The irony for me is that this patch launched as I was (finally!) completing the last hour of my first successful pass through the game. (I actually had abandoned my first attempt early in Act 3 & restarted the game from scratch around the time that patch 2 launched, as various bugs had backed me into a corner story-wise.)

I suppose I'll just have to play again to get the benefit of these fixes.. oh darn!

Last edited by Rann; 06/11/23 01:40 AM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
Best part is that they broke them to fix Karlach, and I'm still stuck with the "Karlach scene got overwritten by Wyll and Mizora scene" bug, all the way into Act 3. So not only can I not romance Karlach now, I also can't get my other MP PC's to romance Gale or Astarion, and the next stage of Shadowheart's romance after Act 2 still won't pop. 50% of the romances are literally broken for me, at this point.

R
journeyman
journeyman
R
Yeah, that sucks, i made a bug report, actully several reports of things i noticed while i kept playing:

- Gale's kiss option inthe romance dialogue does literally nothing. the dialogue ends as if you clicked "leave" - with no animation at all
- the Banter between him and Lorroiakan fails to appear, too. That was actually one of my favorite moments
- Gale has an option at some point, that is name "Not found", just like Astarion

- Astrion's animations look weird and at some point he looks like he's scared of you^^

- Wyll either makes the game crash or the Emperor appears instead :P

I mean, i make myself the work and still finish this play through in order to help spot any more possible bugs. But i hope to get my game experience back if they fix those things soon. I didn't see a staement from them or anthiong official yet either.

Of all of the Bug reports i sent, none got a reply yet. Do the developers really care what the players want?

Last edited by Rebel Moon; 06/11/23 06:32 AM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Rebel Moon
- Wyll either makes the game crash or the Emperor appears instead :P

This is my favorite one. It's like one annoying pest wasn't enough for him, now he's got a mindflayer following him around too.

Y
stranger
stranger
Y
Originally Posted by yonyonyon

GOG is annoying like that, even in Early Access it always downloaded the whole game from scratch.

I tried to click at the setting tab on the game's page in GOG Galaxy (the two lines with two dots), then clicked at Manage Installation -> Configure.., disabled the automatic update, chose the v4.1.1.3882084 update that was 6 days ago, and now Galaxy is downloading the 58.27GB update

Then I'll try installing the offline patch to v4.1.1.3905231. Can't say it'll work, because I'm still downloading the 58GBs, but it's worth a try

I'll keep you updated how it goes
I think this worked. Downloaded 58GB instead of 103GB and then patched with the offline patch

L
stranger
stranger
L
Same, Gale's kiss is completely bugged. When the option is chosen nothing happens, it just ends the conversation.

stranger
stranger
Since Patch 4, many Linux users are unable to run the game. I've opened an issue report, so please upvote it. If you find a solution, please share it with me.

Thread: [After Patch 4 BUG] Linux Crash on Dx11 and Vulkan

Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard