Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#855682 07/07/23 05:47 PM
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Right now I am feeling very sad and let down.

During today's live-stream was THAT scene with Halsin in bear form. Even in redacted form it was enough to get them banned from TikTok. Possession of bestiality is illegal
here in the UK. And I have serious concerns about having a game that depicts actions that might, in the eyes of the law, be depicted as such. I do not want to potentially
risk getting into legal problems by owning this game, and as such have made Steam aware that I want a full refund, and for the game to be removed from my account. I
have no interest in coming back to the forums or seeing anybody's response to how I feel. I was only on the forums to enjoy the hype leading up to a game I was really looking
forward to playing. I'm now really sad as I have been looking forward to this game for three years, only for this to have been sprung on the community just before release.

Love and sausages xx
Z
addict
addict
Z
I love this game I am ok with every character gay. But pls stop this zoofila . Just delete this content before its to late.

veteran
veteran
1. - TikTok is a garbage platform for vast amounts of reasons and getting banned on it literally takes no effort whatsoever, as many streamers had their live-streams banned for doing absolutely nothing due to false reporting. One streamer I watched literally got banned while he was setting the stream up... so that's how wonky and easy it is to get banned and has nothing to do with Halsin. It's a garbage platform that nobody respects, which is why people clapped due to how stupid it is.

It's so stupid that you cannot say "KILL", but instead must say "UNALIVE". And apparently they also banned the terms "mother" and "father" because it's "offensive". It's just a sensitive SJW propaganda platform.

2. - Halsin is a Druid that can shapeshift and is fully sentient in his animal forms. So it ain't bestiality, otherwise you could say having sex with a centaur/werewolf/harpy etc... is also considered bestiality. If anything the scene was hilarious and a good presentation of how much freedom the player has in the game in terms of story.

3. - You can't get into any trouble with the law for owning a game nor for its contents. If the UK has any issues with it, they'd just ban the game completely and you wouldn't be able to buy it, but they couldn't give two rats about who plays what.

G
addict
addict
G
Larian isn't serious at all. Shows what they spend their time and money on. Disappointing and did not answer critical questions.

They didn't show the promised group party rolls for checks or any of the features we wanted, like multiclassing. These PFHs are, as always, a waste of time. And the whole Halsin thing is literally just because of the inundation of memes. This writing looks garbage.

veteran
veteran
Good to know ... i gues.
Bye and safe travels.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by Crimsomrider
2. - Halsin is a Druid that can shapeshift and is fully sentient in his animal forms. So it ain't bestiality, otherwise you could say having sex with a centaur/werewolf/harpy etc... is also considered bestiality.
Still eww and perverse.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by 0Muttley0
Right now I am feeling very sad and let down.

During today's live-stream was THAT scene with Halsin in bear form. Even in redacted form it was enough to get them banned from TikTok. Possession of bestiality is illegal
here in the UK. And I have serious concerns about having a game that depicts actions that might, in the eyes of the law, be depicted as such. I do not want to potentially
risk getting into legal problems by owning this game, and as such have made Steam aware that I want a full refund, and for the game to be removed from my account. I
have no interest in coming back to the forums or seeing anybody's response to how I feel. I was only on the forums to enjoy the hype leading up to a game I was really looking
forward to playing. I'm now really sad as I have been looking forward to this game for three years, only for this to have been sprung on the community just before release.

Technically it's not bestiality - animals cannot consent - this is more like being a furry since both are consenting adults.

Blackheifer
It did give me second thoughts about romancing Halsin. He does say when he offers to fight with you at the goblin camp, that he has control issues in bear form, so I suppose it shouldn't have been entirely unexpected, but I'm left wondering how it will affect your relationship if your character doesn't say that they like it.

Last edited by Imryll; 07/07/23 06:21 PM.
Z
addict
addict
Z
I know mybe its true.
But I feel my self bad after seeing this. And I really like this game those hou know me they know I played more than 2000 hours in ea. I am kind a like fanatic. But...
From the bottom of my heart it feels wrong. Just remove it.

It was cringe as hell, as it were the only sex scene I saw in DOS2 (Sebille and Fane), but it's not bestiality. As others pointed out, it was just an interaction between two sentient and consenting creatures, just with one of them looking like a bear. Ew by personal taste but nothing to go crazy about.

... because it's fun!
journeyman
journeyman
It didn't seem like they forced you to go down that path when romancing Halsin, just don't pick that option. Do what you want with the freedom you're given.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by ZOZO1006
From the bottom of my heart it feels wrong. Just remove it.

That isn't a good mindset to have, because a lot of people also feel deeply wrong about pronouns existing in the game or homosexual scenes or cannibal scenes or enslavement or nudity etc... (all of which can be done by the player) and according to them these should be removed from the game too. So should they just keep removing things from the game until it's completely devoid of its soul and becomes as generic as possible?

Obviously not.

The game is incredibly rich in terms of story and a work of art freely portraying it without any restraints, which is incredibly rare and beautiful to see. Nobody is forced into having sex with Halsin in his bear form, it's simply an optional interesting path that people can take to explore Halsin's full nature and see where it goes, but people can also just have regular sex as well. That's why there are choices so we can create our own story.

apprentice
apprentice
Seethe and cope, prudes.

Edit: I won't be watching the gay bear sex scene because I'll be making different choices, which is how adults avoid things they don't like.

Last edited by Swagnar; 07/07/23 06:49 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
There is a modesty filter... and dont like it, dont do it !

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Aurora42
dont like it, dont do it !
Im trying to teach this to people around here for last 3 years ... xD

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
Z
addict
addict
Z
This is s huge error ign and kotaku is already talking about that larian got banned cuz of this.
I know there are ppl hou like this zoo shi... Do I watch it to no cuz I refuse. But I still think what they do is wrong and lot of ppl do feel the same way.
And this attention is really bad for bg3.
And i do like to have them a great success and sale.
But loosing this giant platform like tik tok as a free promotion ist a big error.

Last edited by ZOZO1006; 07/07/23 07:30 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
lol yea, couse people playing video games go look at them at tiktok, i dont use this platform as its controled by a goverment thats hostile to freedom of speech... for larian to reach gamers, is things like streamers show casing actual play throughs...

Last edited by Aurora42; 07/07/23 07:41 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by ZOZO1006
[...] ign and kotaku is already talking about that larian got banned cuz of this. [...]
Looks to me like Larian is getting a ton of free additional promotion. Even if it's "bad" promotion (according to some people), it'll almost certainly still lead to an increase in sales - especially in today's society of ragebait.

In addition to the extra people this game will reach due to this advertising:
1.) Most people who were going to buy the game will still buy it.
2.) Some people who vehemently hate this scene will "hate-buy" it to e.g., make a youtube video shitting on it, destroy a copy on camera (put it in the computer's recycling bin?) to post on tiktok, etc.
3.) Some people who weren't planning on buying it will see ^ and then buy the game in order to support Larian and/or "own the haters"

apprentice
apprentice
It really just boils down to "I was fine with murdering Goblin and Tiefling children, but consensual sex with an adult druid while he's wild-shaped is where I draw the line."

Z
addict
addict
Z
Until some Greenpeace or animal rescue will not interrupt in this matter.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard