Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
G
OP Offline
G
Swift Quiver! One of the best Bard magic secrets there is.

Stat roll would be nice, but I am settled on a lower Con and Wisdom dump to get what I need done.

Last Companion: don't care, so make me care.

Can we access the areas surrounding Baldur's Gate? (such as Cloakwood).

Bonus: Elminster appearance, Drizzit appearance.

Last edited by Grizzmyt; 05/07/23 10:45 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
i love to see alittle more meckanics added to the first EA act, like multclassing

Last edited by Aurora42; 05/07/23 10:16 PM.
B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by Grizzmyt
Aren't they both dead due to age?

G
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by Buba68

Drizzit is a Drow Elf who can live to be upward of 900 years old.

Elminster is one of The Chosen of Mystra, and has already lived a centuries-long life.

veteran
Online Content
veteran
More than anything I'm interested in catching glimpses of how the user interface evolved (IF at all).
And if they show the starting area on stream, to see if there's notable evidence of all these changes Swen VIncke suggested we'll find at release.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
B
old hand
old hand
B
I know EA took longer than anticipated but . . .

----------

I'm more looking forward to the speculation, cheers and boos that the PFH will generate.

Last edited by Beechams; 05/07/23 10:52 PM.
veteran
veteran
Something gameplay related, maybe more discussion on difficulty differences, and balancing they've done and why. No memes and famous voice actors please :P

G
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by Tuco
More than anything I'm interested in catching glimpses of how the user interface evolved (IF at all).
And if they show the starting area on stream, to see if there's notable evidence of all these changes Swen VIncke suggested we'll find at release.

LOL

And last but not least, we fixed the steering wheel!

Now I was surprised that they muzzled Sven on all the content that they created, I.E. The whole of Baldur's gate and the entire game.

Up until this point, Sven was spoiling just about everything they showed ("look you can steal the powder and blow everyone up!"), so I wouldn't be surprised if his team has a completed version of the starting area.

They just didn't tell Sven.

B
old hand
old hand
B

Drizzit is a Drow Elf who can live to be upward of 900 years old.
Non House Matron Drow live that long? I thought it was 300-400 ...

Elminster is one of The Chosen of Mystra, and has already lived a centuries-long life.
A demi-god, then?

old hand
old hand
A conversation between Gale and Elminster would really be... interesting.

G
OP Offline
G
Drizzit is a Drow Elf who can live to be upward of 900 years old.[/quote]
Non House Matron Drow live that long? I thought it was 300-400 ...

Re-googled: The average is 750 years old (but usually because they are killed). They can live well over 1000 and one Drow matriarch supposedly lived to around 2000.

A demi-god, then?[/quote]

Pretty much.

He is over 1200 years old and still shows up in the realm whenever he is needed.

He has been part of the lore right along, which is why it would really surprise me if we didn't run face to face with him as he gives us the once over.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Tarlonniel
A conversation between Gale and Elminster would really be... interesting.

Interesting, and a little bit awkward ... I'd love to eavesdrop shadowheartgiggle

I'm very curious who the last companion is, and I'd just love to see more of the city or possibly other areas, too.

Other things I'm looking forward to:
- learn more about the new subclasses and feats (though I don't think there's enough time for all of them)
- see the new spells in action
- We've seen Duergar before, but not much of Half-Orcs and Dragonborn (and especially their breath weapon) yet.
- I've never played a monk yet in any game, but the class sounds very interesting - and the animation looks very elegant, almost like dancing. I'd love to see more monk combat.
- the final version of the character creation menu (and I hope we can choose scars for our character).

C
addict
addict
C
Originally Posted by Beechams
I know EA took longer than anticipated but . . .

*slow clap*

PFH's from the past taught me not to get my expectations high, as we already got a massive reveal a few days back and it was actually a decent list, I'm hoping for a few more reveals of non-PHB races and/or classes. Especially wishing they would add Githzerai.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by S2PHANE
PFH's from the past taught me not to get my expectations high, as we already got a massive reveal a few days back and it was actually a decent list, I'm hoping for a few more reveals of non-PHB races and/or classes. Especially wishing they would add Githzerai.

That's how I feel about the Artificier. There is the Guild Artisan background. There's Gortash and his Automatons, but you can't play the class that's predistinated for it... It bothers me.

And I would love to have some enlightments about the

- larger party system by hirelings and are they treated like custom characters with all backgrounds, special dialogue options, can we "park" them temporarily and add them to the party again etc. pp. ???

- long rest / exhaustion system - Whats the final result?

EDIT: - Crafting system?

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 06/07/23 06:27 AM.
veteran
veteran
Artisans have been in the phb long before Artisans were a playable class, and they don't inherently have anything to do with artificers. They could be smiths, wood-workers, brewers, cartographers, anyone who makes anything and is part of a guild of people who do that thing. Also just because a villain is flavoured like an existing class that doesn't mean he a) will actually be that class in game or b) that we have to be given access to that class as well.

Meanwhile my expectations are very low for more race or class reveals. I think the update firmly established that they're showing us everything, except maybe, and big maybe at that, there are other secret classes in the vein of the Oathbreaker that they're actually keeping secret. I'm looking forward to the final origin and hoping she's a good aligned member of a short race who is also not a werewolf. I am also desperately hoping to see improved dialogue options but I really don't expect to. Improved dialogue options are the one thing that would take this game from midling in my view to actually being worth all the hype people have for it. Otherwise I'm just curious to see what they do. I don't think there's any burning question I have truly.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Tuco
+1

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
I’d be extremely pleased to be wrong, but after the last update I’m not expecting any more race, class or companion reveals other than the final promised origin.

I’m wondering if we’ll find out more about a third antagonist, as we were told we would get info on three in the run up to the game. It’s not something I desperately want, but did find the Ketheric and Gortash reveals interesting so perhaps I’d be glad in hindsight.

As others have also said, though, my main hope is to get to see the final(ish?) version of the gameplay in action. And specifically to get a glimpse of whether my top hopes for changes have been implemented so I can either relax and stop worrying about them or have some time to get over my disappointment before my first playthrough smile

I’d also be really interested to hear more from Larian about the process of developing the game, and specifically how Early Access has changed how it has shaped up. But tbh I can wait until after release for that, and really just want as much (non-spoilery) info about the game as it is now as possible!

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
L
addict
addict
L
Im keen to find out about:
final origin
multiclassing
any change to action economy
any new areas
and just seeing the game in action (spells, UI, movement)

Hype!

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Gray Ghost
Artisans have been in the phb long before Artisans were a playable class, and they don't inherently have anything to do with artificers. They could be smiths, wood-workers, brewers, cartographers, anyone who makes anything and is part of a guild of people who do that thing. Also just because a villain is flavoured like an existing class that doesn't mean he a) will actually be that class in game or b) that we have to be given access to that class as well.

I am already aware of this. But you could also use Merchant's background for that. I think we had already discussed this in an older thread.

Maybe the problem with the Artificer class is somewhere else entirely. Maybe there is too much overlap for a crafting system and Larian's ingame items? Maybe Larian doesn't have enough ideas to implement items other than what the Artificer can craft, e.g. Potion of Giant Strenght (LR duration) vs. Belt of Hill Gianth Strengh? Maybe they (still) have problems implementing convincing Steel Defender / Eldritch Cannon / Arcane Firearm as Spellcasting Focus (does the latter even exist in BG 3?) character models?

But let me dream. You know hope dies last. galehearteyes

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard