Next Thread
Print Thread
#849122 20/04/23 02:10 AM
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
1. More vendors. When you use an encumbrance system there should be convenient options for vendors. Feels bad constantly warping back to the same vendors to sell everything. Suggest some additional ones scattered around who sell potions and scrolls. Also these should be insulated vs politics of the area. Like the vendor in the goblin area going hostile when you kill the leaders. Put them in the room and isolate their posture from all that.

2. Female NPCs are not even remotely likeable. They both have terrible attitudes, the Gith needs to be put out of her misery at times but you can't unless you rolled a tank class, and the priestess is a sulky and suspicious teenager who you need if you're not playing a healer. The tiefling I expect will be another one too, the escapee from hell, seems like she'll fit right in given that I'd like to drive a sword through her as well. Suggest you soften them up and maybe give them some personality.

3. Male NPCs are written much better. Good attitudes for the most part and all have interesting personalities.

4. NPCs in general are a big part of replayability. Hoping there are a lot of options to allow for different party lineups. Given what I've seen so far I don't think this game will be one I want to play over and over but hopefully there's a lot more of them to choose from in the released game.

5. Your camera is not good. You made this beautiful 3d rendered world and ruin it with a camera that sticks and moves wrong and otherwise prevents us from maximizing that beautiful world. Suggest upgrades to it so we can look up a bit when/if we want to, or so we can go into burning buildings without it weirding out.

6. Helmets are hideous. At least let us hide them in the UI. Not gonna try to mod it or anything until the game's released but from what I've seen with the helmets they look more like Carnivale headdressess than actual armor. Suggest an ability to make the helmets toggle-able.

7. Coloration options for armor would be nice. Maybe give us a global palette of colors so we can tie all the different sets together.

8. The group stealth function is buggy. If I attack an enemy with my group in stealth all party members should be included in the initial combat initiative roll.

9. When creating a new character it should not select a class as default. Class indicators should be blank so as not to be distracted while you're choosing origin and race/name. Not a big deal just a minor detail.

10. Party of 4 feels bad. Suggest you go back to the old BG sixpack and give us the old formations too, that allow for you to set how they form and spin them around to orient in the direction you want them. Might require some minor balancing of some of the fights but it would be worth doing.

Recommend you improve the NPCs. The quality of the female companions is not good enough. NPCs should make you feel like they're jockeying to be in your story not the other way around.

Badazhel #849125 20/04/23 05:21 AM
veteran
veteran
1. Sounds like horrible idea

3. You didnt meet Astarion yet? xD

6. Look in bottom right corner in its equipment slot. wink

8. Its not a bug, but a feature ... to many people frustration.

10. Check megathreats section of forum. wink

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
Badazhel #849126 20/04/23 07:21 AM
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Hi, Badazhel!

It’s always interesting to hear different perspectives. I agree with some of your points, others … not so much smile.

1. On merchants, I do hope we’ll get more as the game progresses, but wouldn’t want them to be artificially isolated from events. Though were you aware Withers in the camp will trade with you? He doesn’t have vast amounts of money, but enough to offload stuff as long as you’re not going totally loot mad. Personally I don’t tend to trade with him just because it doesn’t make story sense to me, but it’s an option.

2. Companions are very much a matter of preference, and Shadowheart came out top in
this poll about favourite characters on these forums. For me, she ties for top with Gale and Astarion, and even before her character was “softened” in later patches I didn’t find her abrasive unless I pestered her by keeping on pushing for answers she’d told me she needed to know me better before giving, in which case I figured I deserved her ire. Lae’zel definitely is abrasive, but for me that’s a large part of her charm, and I wouldn’t want her softened. Both, I think, have plenty of personality that has the potential to develop into interesting character arcs.

4. We know from publicity that we’re getting Minsc and Jaheira in the full campaign, and are expecting Karlach and probably some other companions. Plus I believe Larian have said in the past we’ll also be able to recruit mercenaries, or party members who aren’t full companions. I think it’s likely we’ll get plenty of choice of party members in the full game … fingers crossed.

5. The camera is a common complaint here, and I agree.

6. As Ragnarok alludes to, helmets are already toggleable, though I still hope we’ll get some better looking ones in the full game so I don’t feel as much need to turn them off.

7. I’d be all for being able to set and update a colour scheme for our characters (like with BG1 & 2) that would tint elements of clothing they donned.

8. Stealth is another common complaint here, and personally the poor handling of ambushing from stealth is probably my number one game mechanic problem. We don’t know if Larian are going to change anything here, but I live in hope. I certainly felt that enemies got worse in patch 9 at responding to attacks from out of their line of sight, so even if we don’t get an overhaul of stealth, hopefully at least that will get fixed.

10. A party size of six is another common request (with a huge megathread to back that up). Personally, I much prefer a party of four and think it represents a good balance of challenge when it comes to party composition, combat length and turns per combat for each individual party member, but I think I’m probably in the minority on these forums at least.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
Badazhel #849127 20/04/23 07:30 AM
old hand
old hand
Why is it horrible to have more vendors, or at least some good vendors who don't vanish or got killed. If you are referring to the idea of isolation, then I agree, shouldn't be the case. I would be satisfied if Mr. Grove-Vendor just would get better and more stuff (healing potions for example) and money over time.

I do not concur with a lot of the points on the list, for example I like Shadowheart and Lae'zel. For me, besides the sad stealth system, the terrible camera is the biggest gripe. It should have a bigger vertical movement around the x-axis, it's restriction is annoying.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
1. On merchants, I do hope we’ll get more as the game progresses, but wouldn’t want them to be artificially isolated from events. Though were you aware Withers in the camp will trade with you? He doesn’t have vast amounts of money, but enough to offload stuff as long as you’re not going totally loot mad. Personally I don’t tend to trade with him just because it doesn’t make story sense to me, but it’s an option.
Volo also is a great merchant once you get him at camp!

geala #849135 20/04/23 12:24 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by geala
Why is it horrible to have more vendors, or at least some good vendors who don't vanish or got killed.
When you say it like this, it may seem like there is nothing wrong about it ...

What is horrible is having vendors on each stepp in the game (suggestion: add more), offering potions and scrolls (wich we allready have too much to even manage to consume), excluded from the world reactions (IF this one is about Zentarims in Goblin Camp, then i agree ... our gold is still the same, i dont see why she should be hostile towards us ... raise her price to double would make sense, since we just ruin a good source of business for her tho ... all other cases, are just results of our decisions) and isolated from everything else (there is no need to coment on that since we agreed)

Also, to be quite honest i feel like we have more than enough Vendors as it is:
https://baldursgate3.wiki.fextralife.com/Merchants
+ almost every friendly NPC have at least few coins, potion, poison, scroll, or some food you can trade ...
+ Grymforge is not included in this list
+ i just noticed talkative skeleton is missing aswell ... and as i see there are others missing aswell, lets just say then that this is just list of "major vendors" laugh

Encumberance exists exactly for that reason so we dont hoard every single object that is in the game ... i know the urge well enough, im hoarder myself ... but if we spawn more and more and more vendors ... protect them all against, well us, and our decisions ... and give them all the gold they need to buy out whole world ...
Lets be honest, it would be easier to simply replace all loot with just gold. laugh
And i dont like such option. :-/

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 20/04/23 12:29 PM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
Badazhel #849142 20/04/23 02:52 PM
old hand
old hand
The amount of vendors is ok. But yes the Zhents in Goblin Camp should not turn hostile and all vendors should have more money too buy our crap. ^_^

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 20/04/23 02:56 PM.
Badazhel #849162 20/04/23 10:00 PM
L
addict
addict
L
Likeability is subjective

Camera fix is needed

Stealth: yes NPC should respond better. But you should be able to choose which of characters join the fight from stealth and when. I wouldn't change that

Venders: I end up with so many health pots etc anyway...they restock after every long rest, when each character levels up as well. I expect there will be alot more in BG (ie in a city and not in a wilderness).

Different colours/ designs for equipment would be great.

Party size has been mentioned. 4 is fine with me.

More companions would be nice (in addition to karlach minsc jaheria). A small furry one would be nice.

Badazhel #849166 20/04/23 10:50 PM
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Baldur's Gate 3. It's always great to see the different opinions and suggestions that players have. I'll do my best to address each of your points.

1. While there are already many vendors available in the beta, I understand the need for more options, especially with an encumbrance system in place. However, it's worth noting that there are general NPC's that can be traded with as well.

2. I appreciate your opinion on the female NPCs, but I have to say that I personally find Shadowheart to be a very interesting character, and many players seem to agree. Lae'zel, as a lawful evil character, is not meant to be likeable, but rather adds an interesting dynamic to the party.

3. I wouldn't say that male NPCs are necessarily better written than female ones, but it's great that all of them have interesting personalities that offer unique interactions.

4. There are already some unconfirmed companions that data miners have found, so there's a chance for even more party member options in the final game.

5. While I haven't experienced any issues with the camera, I understand that there may be some pathing errors with walking and firing projectiles that need to be addressed.

6. I agree that helmets can be unappealing, but I think hideous is a bit harsh. An option to hide helmets in the UI is already present.

7. More customization options for armor would definitely be appreciated.

8. The group stealth function seems to be working as intended, as all party members may not be spotted if you attack an enemy with your group in stealth.

9. I have no strong opinion on this point.

10. A party of 4 may feel limiting for some players, and I personally think it should at least be 5. However, the ability to form parties and set formations as in previous games would be a great addition.

Thank you for your suggestions and feedback. It's clear that you're passionate about the game and want to see it improve. Keep playing and providing feedback to the developers so that Baldur's Gate 3 can continue to be the best game it can be.

Badazhel #849186 21/04/23 06:42 AM
addict
addict
Just gonna throw this in here... When creating a new character it would be nice if we could see saving throw proficiencies per class...

On vendors they NEED to have static item lists that don't Refresh on resting or time... That way the game would at least have a baseline to start from when it comes balance of consumables and other items having 1 extra vendor would be fine IF he/she didn't refresh their items on rest or time. THe fact that vendors can go hostile is great and more changes like that are welcome in both directions maybe getting some discount- rare item if you are in good graces with the vendors faction like with zents.

Last edited by Lastman; 21/04/23 06:51 AM.
Badazhel #849273 22/04/23 02:17 AM
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
While I'm thinking about it another irritation is the map visibility. As we unlock the fog for a given map there should be a "discovered" toggle that completely removes all the fog. That way once we have unlocked all the areas we can then see the artwork in all its beauty.

Badazhel #849357 24/04/23 12:29 AM
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
When you are interacting with a vendor and mouse over an item it shows you the information on that item and the item being worn in that slot by the party member who opened conversation with the vendor. Suggest that the item shown be the player whose tab you have open instead.

Badazhel #849358 24/04/23 01:19 AM
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
I got tired of Gale and let him die in a fight then was going to conveniently leave him dead but of course that's not an option because I can't remove him from party. I find that to be ridiculous.

Suggest adding a right-click option to drop characters from party if they are deceased.

Badazhel #849360 24/04/23 03:29 AM
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
I’d agree that we should be able to drop deceased party members from the group, but there’s a strong reason why you shouldn’t leave Gale, specifically, dead. Did you manage to avoid the “recorded” speech he’s left in case of his death?

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
Badazhel #849366 24/04/23 11:32 AM
B
B
I think you are right about the female companions but I think they should be way more evil then they currently are.
I'm secretly hoping that Shadowheart being basiclly super-nice in this game is just a a giant trap and she is actually a cold-blooded killer. I wish I wish.

Brewman #849367 24/04/23 11:43 AM
S
old hand
old hand
S
Originally Posted by Brewman
I think you are right about the female companions but I think they should be way more evil then they currently are.
I'm secretly hoping that Shadowheart being basiclly super-nice in this game is just a a giant trap and she is actually a cold-blooded killer. I wish I wish.
You should try the latest Pathfinder game, you might find what you are looking for.

Badazhel #849498 27/04/23 01:13 AM
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
The physical animation for Second Wind and Action Surge look like a superhero dance move. Anything would be better.

Badazhel #849499 27/04/23 02:02 AM
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
When you have a shield and weapon equipped but not drawn the shield should also be visible on your person.

Badazhel #849500 27/04/23 03:00 AM
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Stone doors leading to the servants quarters in the druid grove rarely open all the way when activated. These are not the only doors that act strangely either. Some might be confused by this and not realize they can enter, that the door is activated.

Badazhel #849506 27/04/23 05:36 AM
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Badazhel
Stone doors leading to the servants quarters in the druid grove rarely open all the way when activated. These are not the only doors that act strangely either. Some might be confused by this and not realize they can enter, that the door is activated.

Yes, this is a known bug with patch 9. Clicking on a door a couple of times to close and reopen it corrects the graphics glitch, but obviously shouldn’t be necessary.

Link Copied to Clipboard