Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#837526 24/12/22 10:37 AM
P
OP Offline
P
So far in early access we have the camp. Which is great. Love how it updates to different locations as you advance (underdark, grymforge, etc). Sort of wonder what camping will look like once we actually get to BG. Are they going to make us pay for an inn like in the OG BG games? Maybe finding a home base is a quest once you get to the city and depending on how you resolve it you get a different home base for your long rests in the city? Excited to see what the city actually looks like.

veteran
veteran
Hopefully we will get a base in the city!😊

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Many Baldurian main characters presumably have a home in the city already, though not all of them are likely to be very desirable. Astarion’s certainly wouldn’t be!

But yes, I also hope we get a base in the city. Though while I like it being quest-related in principle, it would need to be done in such a way as to not make it seem like a random distraction from whatever the main quest is at that point. I was always in two minds about whether the handling of bases in BG2 was successful, for example.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
F
addict
addict
F
Wouldn't it be funny if the game notes whether you've used a [Baldurian] dialogue tag, and then gives you a home based on your chosen background and race.

Then you can invite the party over to stay at your home, whatever that may be.

Last edited by FreeTheSlaves; 24/12/22 02:38 PM.
P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by FreeTheSlaves
Wouldn't it be funny if the game notes whether you've used a [Baldurian] dialogue tag, and then gives you a home based on your chosen background and race.

That would be super cool. Picking an acolyte would be pretty hilarious then because you would probably live in common with others of your faith at a temple. Would be pretty funny inviting everyone over to the temple of Lathander for game night.
I usually pick outlander myself so my half-drow would probably be a vagrant living in a tent in some park.

V
Van'tal
Unregistered
Van'tal
Unregistered
V
Originally Posted by Princeps08

That would be super cool. Picking an acolyte would be pretty hilarious then because you would probably live in common with others of your faith at a temple. Would be pretty funny inviting everyone over to the temple of Lathander for game night.
I usually pick outlander myself so my half-drow would probably be a vagrant living in a tent in some park.

Why oh why did I not pick the noble background?

#837813 25/12/22 06:04 PM
P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by Van'tal

Because why would you want to be some silver spoon fed blue blood when you can be a hardy salt of the earth type. Who cares if the fancy blue blood gets them fancy luxuries like walls!

V
Van'tal
Unregistered
Van'tal
Unregistered
V
Originally Posted by Van'tal

Because why would you want to be some silver spoon fed blue blood when you can be a hardy salt of the earth type. Who cares if the fancy blue blood gets them fancy luxuries like walls!

Yer right of course smile

But I do need to go to the Inn once n a while to take a bath (the stream gets old).

Merry Christmas everyone...time to make the rounds!

C
stranger
stranger
C
Home base somewhere would be great, a home to build on the (love interest with your chosen npc) would be great

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard