Originally Posted by Jess_Larian

Before the fixes, let’s share something you’ve created yourselves (this is your own fault) through your choices in character creation. We took the most popular choices in character creation, and recreated this. We thought our analytics system wasn’t working! We checked. It is.

Congratulations, you’ve basically made the default Vault Dweller. What the hell guys. We gave you demon eyes, horns, and even tails. We are sorely disappointed. Go crazy. We worked hard on this!

That criticism comes off as really arrogant and holier than thou. I'm glad you accurately titled your post as the death of hubris. I hope that issue of devs ripping on their players goes away quickly.

Maybe people make racial choices for gameplay reasons. You know... Like in a D&D game... So, if their desire is to play a human fighter because of stats instead of a halfling fighter that won't have the same advantages, let them. It's their game too!

Other people like to put themselves in the game, so if they don't have demon eyes, horns, and a tail on their human, let them make the choice instead of bitching at their choices. Let them make their human bald and fat it they want to. It's their character!

I happen to really like the character creator you made. I like the game a lot too, even with the bugs associated with paid open beta. I refuse to call it early access. That's just marketing.

I think Larian has done a pretty good job of making a true to D&D game. It's gotten a lot of support for that from fans. There's a reason WotC choose the makes of DOS to make this game. Please don't screw it up after such great successes.