Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Lynn #350373 29/03/08 02:58 PM
Support
Support
I noticed the German Chat and RPG Chat forums got marked as read in the main forum list a couple times (without me trying to read anything in those forums).

Today, both German chat forums showed up as having unread posts, while the English and 'anything' forums did not.
After opening the English Chat forum (just to the post list) and reloading the main forum list, the German chat forum was shown as not having any new posts. Opening the English RPG chat forum index did the same for the German RPG chat forum.

Not being able to read German, it doesn't really matter for me if the German new post indicators are accurate. However, I wouldn't want to check out the topics in just one DD / BD / English chat forum (if short on time) and have unread topics in other forums marked as read.

Raze #350377 29/03/08 03:52 PM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Raze
In the main forum list, to the far right of each forum section title is a small triangle which you can click to minimize or maximize that section.

Handy feature, indeed, but cookie-driven... as I discovered when I logged back in to see all forums again visible. The "my cookies" feature confirmed this -- another nice touch, btw. Is there another way that is not cookie-dependent? (My browser is set to delete all cookies on exit, but of course I can add an exception if it's really necessary.)

veteran
veteran
First of all: Thanks for the update! Finally we have an up-to-date forum! up

One of the current annoyances is the limited width of the quote boxes... plus the fact that you actually have to scroll horizontally if you quote a quote.

Plus: Maybe changing the default number of displayed messages and threads would be a good idea. 10 is not very much in my opinion.

Nigel Powers: "There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch!"
elgi #350387 29/03/08 05:52 PM
veteran
veteran
10 leads to infinite page threads, yeah. Not much fun at all...

The new look is... different. I'm still getting used to it, so that's all I gotta say for now laugh

I don't seem to be getting any kind of 'unread' signals, which is annoying. Are those cookie-driven? If so, it might just be that Ive only just discovered the new board, so they should show next time...

Is 'Notify' the 'Report' button, BTW?

Please click the banner...
veteran
veteran
Aha! Done a bit of playing...

Elgi - you can change your own preferred number of displayed messages in My Stuff - My Preferences.

I definitely like the PM threads rather than the old PMs smile

I don't see a way to change to a new custom Avatar. Is this still possible?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Elliot_Kane
Elgi - you can change your own preferred number of displayed messages in My Stuff - My Preferences.

I know, I was talking about the default values.
The problem is that the thread pages are defined by a relative page number (...&fpart={pagenumber}). This page number depends on the value you have set for yourself in the preference page.
So, if I have 20 posts per page and you have 10 posts, my link to a specific thread page won't work for you.
This is also the case in other forum softwares but with IPB for example, at least the very first post on a specific page is correct because the link to the page doesn't include the page number but just the first post... the rest of the page is displayed according to the profile settings of the user.

Sooo... now, the most users don't change the default values, I usually don't do that either because it's easier if most of the users share the same settings. But in this case, that doesn't make much sense because 10 is too low. smile

Another improvement: In the extended reply page, it would be nice to have the flat view of the last {default number of} replies in the thread.
Currently, only the post you reply to is displayed.

Nigel Powers: "There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch!"
Lynn #350390 29/03/08 07:09 PM
Support
Support
Is the new PM list suppose to be really, really wide, or is that due to the new quota bar indicator along the top if you have more than a dozen times more PMs than the new quota? grin

Is there any way to download all PMs, preferably with an index? I'd rather download / zip them all and delete everything in the forum, than go through them on the forum and sort out which ones should be kept or deleted.

Raze #350391 29/03/08 07:52 PM
veteran
veteran
Just being on this new forum makes me want to play Divine Divinity again. Good advertising imo.

veteran
veteran
Oh and Raze.. I have 2000 out of 200 PMs. . . Haha I should probably get around to deleting stuff =/

veteran
veteran
Hey wait! There's a PM limit now? That's not so cool!

Elgi - good point. I set my default for 30 posts/page as that makes more sense to me, but I don't see a 'link to this post' button, which means it can't be worked around that way, either.

veteran
veteran
The icon left of the post title is the link to the specific post. Yours is http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=350393#Post350393 for example. And that one is post specific and works always.

Lynn #350399 30/03/08 08:00 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Hello? Lynn? Anybody? Is there going to be a class system (dragons,
undead, etc.)? I hope there will be one again soon... confused

"Oh Lord, how long will the search go on?"
veteran
veteran
Good grief! Thanks, Elgi, I didn't even see that! That much is OK, then smile

U
veteran
veteran
U
213 of 200 messages here. And I'm SURE I've deleted at least 180 of them before, but I've gotten them back for some reason...

Übereil

Brain: an apparatus with which we think we think.

Ambrose Bierce
rat Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
The PM limit is increased, the titles are a little less big, and the default is back to 20 posts per thread.

The class/good-evil thing was already gone for a while with the old forum... don't know if we have the time to bring it back someday... frown

They can blow up all two mijne pocket.
rat #350424 31/03/08 02:41 PM
rat Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
The beyond smiley is back... beyond

They can blow up all two mijne pocket.
rat #350434 31/03/08 04:56 PM
veteran
veteran
I kinda liked being a Battlemage... Is there any chance of custom titles?

veteran
veteran
Hmmm... more important than the classes would if we could search all the posts and not only up to 1 year old threads.

elgi #350447 31/03/08 09:57 PM
Support
Support
You can search older posts, just limited to one year at a time. It is a bit of a pain, but if you don't find what you want in 'newer than 1 year' (or know it is older than that), you can search for 'newer than 2 years' and 'older than 1 year', then 'newer than 3 years and 'older than 2 years', etc until you find it.

I suppose limiting the search range speeds up the results and helps prevent people from resurrecting old topics, but it makes it harder if you know you have seen a certain problem / solution / trick before somewhere and are trying to find the details.

With the PM amount increase, I now have less than 3 times the limit. grin
Any way to export / download PMs? I tried a web site downloader with the old forum, but was unable to get it to properly download more than the index page...

Raze #350449 31/03/08 10:17 PM
A
veteran
veteran
A
Export would definitively be a neat idea !

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard