Originally Posted by Ubereil
DSotM is boring... At least that's what I think about it. wink The whole album feels stale, the musicians doesn't manage to bring enought feeling into the songs. I prefer Genesis. Or, to take an album from the same year, Raw Power by Iggy and the Stooges... laugh

However, when it comes to music (as with taste in general) it usually comes down to what works for you. I like Skinny Puppy, but I can understand why a lot of pepole don't. DSotM doesn't work for me (for some reason). The reason I'm so outspoken about it (not that I go "thinking DSotM is great is wrong", because I don't think that) is because a lot of pepole seem to think it's the greatest album ever (not just here). So when a lot of pepole proclaim an album I think is... ok, allmost, then I feel like I should provide my oppinion just to give some prespective to pepole who haven't heard it. My idea is that it might be the big expentations that killed the album for me (not that they were very big).

Übereil

I never even knew that it was considered 'the best album ever' by most people when I first heard it. In fact, when I first heard it, it wasn't my favorite, either. It grew on me; I listened to it a number of times before I really started appreciating it.

What does it the most for me, on this album (and in fact all Pink Floyd albums since DSotM), is their cynicism and fatalism, both in music and lyrics.

You do listen to lyrics, right?

"The Large Print giveth, and the Small Print taketh away" - Tom Waits