Originally Posted by Elliot_Kane
Originally Posted by Sektor
Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer
I'm waiting until the day the people from Belgium stop speaking their own languages because they believe it sounds wrong and cheap.
And then they'll accept English as the only national language ...
Because they've grown too much accustomed to it ...

Actually, if everybody in the world would do that, that would make our job A LOT easier: no more localizations for the game, the manual, ... We'd have way more time to add in more fun and useful features wink

Would make communication throughout the world one heck of a lot easier, too! I am hugely in favour of this idea. I think in time there will be a universal language, but not for a few centuries yet at least, sadly...
Not me. Even though I can see its use in terms of communication, i think cultural identity is important, and language is a major part of that. If we could retain our mother tongue and the english language, it would be great, but if everyone started speaking a universal tongue, I fear that most languages would get lost eventually. Certain dialects are disappearing as it is, here, and I feel that's a bit distressing.

There's a reason the Rosetta Stone is one of the most important ancient artifacts. There's so much we've forgotten about our past, and it's the past which makes the present.