Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 49 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 48 49
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by Asri
Given the death threats in the first post, it might be more appropriate to move this to a new thread? Or a mod could remove that from the original post.

When it comes to sexual content, it's impossible to please everyone. For example, there have been many posts on reddit complaining about being approached by companions of the same sex, even though you only have to say no and move on.

I feel like a good median would be to allow companions to have their own sexual identities, but ensure no means no consistently. Those identities, whatever they may be, need to be clearer at the beginning of the relationship. SH has lines very early that say she has experience with multiple casual partners and even prefers it -- but that doesn't necessarily connect to when she chooses to be in a relationship.
Originally Posted by Asri
Given the death threats in the first post, it might be more appropriate to move this to a new thread? Or a mod could remove that from the original post.

When it comes to sexual content, it's impossible to please everyone. For example, there have been many posts on reddit complaining about being approached by companions of the same sex, even though you only have to say no and move on.

I feel like a good median would be to allow companions to have their own sexual identities, but ensure no means no consistently. Those identities, whatever they may be, need to be clearer at the beginning of the relationship. SH has lines very early that say she has experience with multiple casual partners and even prefers it -- but that doesn't necessarily connect to when she chooses to be in a relationship.
Honestly, I don’t remember SH saying she likes to have sex with multiple people in the first act, where did you get that from? The closest thing she says is in Act 3 when you cheat on her with Mizora, where it can be inferred that she was encouraged to have orgies with other acolytes in the Shar cult.
If she had said that, I would have run away from Shadowheart like the bubonic plague.

N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by Sobocles
Honestly, I don’t remember SH saying she likes to have sex with multiple people in the first act, where did you get that from? The closest thing she says is in Act 3 when you cheat on her with Mizora, where it can be inferred that she was encouraged to have orgies with other acolytes in the Shar cult.
If she had said that, I would have run away from Shadowheart like the bubonic plague.
She doesn't and in epilogue she is as monogamous as you can get with
boring sexual eperience
, she confirms this in
parents alive epilogue, where she has lines about dragon slaying roleplay
, like brothel/banter stuff gets fixed and it's all fine.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by Netav
She doesn't and in epilogue she is as monogamous as you can get with
boring sexual eperience
, she confirms this in
parents alive epilogue, where she has lines about dragon slaying roleplay
, like brothel/banter stuff gets fixed and it's all fine.
Shadowheart is monogamous in Act 1, monogamous in Act 2, polyamorous in Act 3, then back to monogamous in the epilogue. What a bipolar woman, haha. I think if Shadowheart had made it clear that she liked orgies and polyamorous relationships from Act 1, this thread probably wouldn't exist.

P.S.: Yes, I am aware that Shadowheart and Tav live a life together away from orgies in the epilogue, or at least that's what can be inferred from what Shadowheart says (I've seen the epilogue, in case you're wondering).

N
addict
addict
N
Shadowheart is monogamous in Act 1, monogamous in Act 2, polyamorous in Act 3, then back to monogamous in the epilogue. What a bipolar woman, haha. I think if Shadowheart had made it clear that she liked orgies and polyamorous relationships from Act 1, this thread probably wouldn't exist.

P.S.: Yes, I am aware that Shadowheart and Tav live a life together away from orgies in the epilogue, or at least that's what can be inferred from what Shadowheart says (I've seen the epilogue, in case you're wondering).
Even if you had your fun with Halsin, he ends up being just a little "fun" for Tav in the epilogue and you just stay with SH on your farm.

Let's not invite the same old arguments that got the Shadowheart thread locked by trying to dictate the preferences of a character that is inconsistent about the subject exactly because she was written and designed to be either based on individual player choice and interpretation. By all means vent the frustration (again and again, apparently), just maybe remember to be tactful about throwing around things like calling a character mentally ill over it. Hardly any different from the people that refer to her in other derogatory ways because options they don't have to interact with happen to exist for players who are not themselves.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by Netav

Even if you had your fun with Halsin, he ends up being just a little "fun" for Tav in the epilogue and you just stay with SH on your farm.
Are you talking about the scenario where Tav has a romance with Shadowheart and Halsin? How does that situation unfold? What do Shadowheart and Halsin tell you in the epilogue in that case? Did you find that out in one of your saved games or in a YouTube video?

N
addict
addict
N
Are you talking about the scenario where Tav has a romance with Shadowheart and Halsin? How does that situation unfold? What do Shadowheart and Halsin tell you in the epilogue in that case? Did you find that out in one of your saved games or in a YouTube video?
She doesn't care about Halsin and you automatically move with her(her romance overrides Halsin's), Halsin ends up being a fling for Tav, she doesn't acknowledge his presense. His dialogue is just like the "friend" one, you can only kiss him extra.

stranger
stranger
I understand that there have been people who have been taking it way to far, but I hope that this thread doesn't get deleted, because of those few people, because I support the argument/suggestion. I hope we can let this be a normal conversation with no threats or insults to anyone. To be clear I have no problems with poly, just the way it's handle.

This is my first post in this thread, but I have been wanting to post here for a while.

In my opinion that it is really out of character for selune shadowheart to be ok in a poly relationship, it would for Shar Shadowheart but not selune Shadowheart. She doesn't have sex with you until act 3 it is a build up, of love and trust, she is not okay with being in a poly with the other companions, but then Halsin comes around and everything changes. I also think the same thing Karlach, astarion, Gale and if you ask to be in a poly with them with Halsin, even when you asked them there not okay with it, but they say yes just to not lose Tav. I just don't like the writing with Halsin's poly because it was poorly done.

The problem is that it feels force, the poly option doesn't feel natural or mature,it feels like they wanted Halsin poly at last minute but didn't really cared if it made sense or not. It felt like last minute because it didn't feel set up by any of the other companions except Halsin. I think they saw that people were thirsty for Halsin, and wanted to hop on that, but the writers took it too far to the point where sex is the only thing Halsin has in act 3. From what I read (and correct me if i am wrong) you can only talk about Halsin life as a slave if you did the drow foursome with him, (or if you are a drow yourself). That's just really weird and unnecessary, why do I need to have foursome with him and the drow twins to learn about his backstory. It just doesn't feel mature at all none of it does.

Same thing with drow twins, Lae'zel, wyll, gale is not okay with you cheating on them with Mizora (they breaks up with you). With the drow twins they refuse foursome/threesome (Wyll, laezel, and initially gale but you can talk him into it), but they don't say anything if you by yourself have sex with the drow twins. Why? Wouldn't they also be breaking up with you then, because they break up with you if you have sex with Mizora.

Speaking of Mizora, it really makes no sense for Shadowheart (selune or shar) be okay with sex with Mizora, even if she was okay with one night stands. Think about it, Mizora puts wyll through hell, and works for the person that tortured Karlach, no way Shadowheart would have respect for you after having sex with her. Once again no maturity or logic in these scenes at all.

sex, love, relationships are mature and great in the companion personal stories, when you finally get to shadowheart sex scene it feels mature and done respectfully, when you get to astarion act 3 sex scene, it is also feel mature, despite the fact it takes place in a weird location to have sex in, it all feels more real. However outside of that, like MIzora, drow twins, Halsin, there is no maturity, there is no respect for poly or any of the characters including Halsin in the writing, and feels force with the way they wrote poly into the game. Again I am fine with poly, but this is a terrible execution.

It all feels they just wanted more sex in act 3, but they did it badly. In the end I just want them to respect all of the characters and relationships whether it's poly or mono.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Gandalfthefool
sex, love, relationships are mature and great in the companion personal stories, when you finally get to shadowheart sex scene it feels mature and done respectfully, when you get to astarion act 3 sex scene, it is also feel mature, despite the fact it takes place in a weird location to have sex in, it all feels more real. However outside of that, like MIzora, drow twins, Halsin, there is no maturity, there is no respect for poly or any of the characters including Halsin in the writing, and feels force with the way they wrote poly into the game. Again I am fine with poly, but this is a terrible execution.

And then there's Haarlep... who you sleep with right in front of your companions, possibly including your LI. And they have nothing to say about it, just stand there watching you sell yourself. This is beyond terrible.

I wouldn't even call the fling with Mizora poly, it's downright cheating on your LI.

I would say Shadowheart's scene in the brothel is honestly handled quite well. It's a person who is exploring their sexual boundaries for the first time and I don't see any particular problem with the writing of the scene itself. There are circumstantial problems attached to it like what it becomes if Halsin is involved, and how the contextual reading changes if he's in the party but kept out of it. The other problems are generally more associated with as you said the general presentation of poly, and how the game was advertised as triumphantly including it (big oof moment there for how shallow it is). Like an unfortunate volume of Act 3, their idea of inclusion is half-baked in spite of the way several characters drop hints about their own attractions throughout Act 1. That's not to say they all are or should be poly, but for example Karlach talks like she's at minimum okay with being included in a polyamorous thing if you have another romance active, right up until she isn't and that's even more bewildering to me than why Halsin turned out the way he did. Why bother giving the other new character dialogue baiting that sort of expectation just to cut it off at the knees?

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Just checked, OP has been banned. So is it possible for a mod to change the title of the thread to something more appropriate?

H
Banned
Banned
H
Handled well. Its horrible and disgesting a fillity bastard
trying to put his fillity meat in someone else girl MC girlfriend and you telling me its well. its disgesting and cuckold shit i never experience in my whole life such terrible thing like this from ps1 until now . if they don't respect us as we are straight normal people they don't deserve our respect. everything these days become around a people who are abnormal while they believe they are normal. I dont wanted to see lesbian transgender shit or poly or open relationshit or cheating all these are not normal i just wanted to see man and woman beautiful relationship. im sorry but this game makes me very angry girl try to get her all her aporovel from the start of the game. rescue her many times then at last ruined her like this making her act like a whore yes a whore no words other the this can be fit this situation I already throw this game in the trash. everyone struggle with something in his own life at least we could enjoyed some free times in playing games. they bring us shit like that. and the deaf custom MC doesnt talk and act like a stupid. Im sorry but thie is what i feel towards everything notings become normal as it should be. That my last post. Goodluck everyone.

that helsin as a sideC someone try to having sex with your girl is not a friend its an enemy

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Ametris
And then there's Haarlep... who you sleep with right in front of your companions, possibly including your LI. And they have nothing to say about it, just stand there watching you sell yourself. This is beyond terrible.

I wouldn't even call the fling with Mizora poly, it's downright cheating on your LI.

I agree on the Haarlep, worst part is I saw on youtube if you have sex with the Haarlep, you are curse, and you will feel every time the Haarlep has sex when disguise as you, there is a scene after house of Hope in the city where you feel Haarlep having sex, most of the companions joke and laugh about it, except for Astarion. Astarion is the only one who is sad for you when you realize the consequences of selling your soul to the haalep, (I do love that vampire).

Yeah your right, on Mizora fling not being poly but just cheating, If you have sex with someone else other than your partner without their consent and never declared it was open relationship, then it's cheating.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Gandalfthefool
I agree on the Haarlep, worst part is I saw on youtube if you have sex with the Haarlep, you are curse, and you will feel every time the Haarlep has sex when disguise as you, there is a scene after house of Hope in the city where you feel Haarlep having sex, most of the companions joke and laugh about it, except for Astarion. Astarion is the only one who is sad for you when you realize the consequences of selling your soul to the haalep, (I do love that vampire).

It's just awful. As a side note, despite him having the second highest intelligence stat, being very observant and in multiple instances showing more cleverness than the other companions, in the scenario I've watched when you're a MF at the epilogue party and contemplate feeding on Astarion, the narrator says "Astarion's sweet brain may be a bit less wrinkled than the rest". rolleyes

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by Ehhhh123
Just checked, OP has been banned. So is it possible for a mod to change the title of the thread to something more appropriate?
Sure, any suggestions?

Also, to clarify:
1. I am not a Larian employee. I was a normal poster who now helps to manage the forums.
2. I am not locking the thread (yet). As long as everyone behaves, everything shall be fine.
3. I really want this forum to be a place of open criticism, discussion, and analysis where people do not feel afraid to speak their minds. For that to happen, I need people to remain civil, thoughtful, and empathetic, both to each other and to the people one might want to refer. If everyone remembers the human being behind every screen name, real name, or community, we should be able to speak and argue freely.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
addict
addict
Earlier on I suggested this one: 'Everything wrong with Halsin, his advances and LI reactions'. Then again the thread focuses on other sexually questionable content in act 3 from time to time as well, so maybe it could reference that.

A
old hand
old hand
A
It's just awful. As a side note, despite him having the second highest intelligence stat, being very observant and in multiple instances showing more cleverness than the other companions, in the scenario I've watched when you're a MF at the epilogue party and contemplate feeding on Astarion, the narrator says "Astarion's sweet brain may be a bit less wrinkled than the rest". rolleyes

I saw this on yt and hated it so much - I constantly blissfully forget about Haarlep until I remember why I need charm protection in the House of Hope.

Edit: We could always expand it to "Everything wrong with Halsin, his advances, LI reactions and similar issues"

Last edited by Anska; 04/01/24 10:00 PM.
N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by Auric
I would say Shadowheart's scene in the brothel is honestly handled quite well. It's a person who is exploring their sexual boundaries for the first time and I don't see any particular problem with the writing of the scene itself. There are circumstantial problems attached to it like what it becomes if Halsin is involved, and how the contextual reading changes if he's in the party but kept out of it. The other problems are generally more associated with as you said the general presentation of poly, and how the game was advertised as triumphantly including it (big oof moment there for how shallow it is). Like an unfortunate volume of Act 3, their idea of inclusion is half-baked in spite of the way several characters drop hints about their own attractions throughout Act 1. That's not to say they all are or should be poly, but for example Karlach talks like she's at minimum okay with being included in a polyamorous thing if you have another romance active, right up until she isn't and that's even more bewildering to me than why Halsin turned out the way he did. Why bother giving the other new character dialogue baiting that sort of expectation just to cut it off at the knees?
Exactly, I feel like her reactions are genreally fine(brothel/mizora) outside of Halsin. I do think however that she should feel more threatened in Mizora reaction. For sure she should feel more threatened at Halsin's offer, like she is in act2.

addict
addict
As a side note, despite him having the second highest intelligence stat, being very observant and in multiple instances showing more cleverness than the other companions, in the scenario I've watched when you're a MF at the epilogue party and contemplate feeding on Astarion, the narrator says "Astarion's sweet brain may be a bit less wrinkled than the rest". rolleyes

Because of his poor impulse control? Whoever wrote that line doesn't know how ptsd works, but that doesn't surprise me at all anymore.

Or even as a MF you can only see his looks which is...well, something.

enthusiast
enthusiast

As far as I'm concerned, Haarlep was just born to kill him and take his loot. I'll certainly be killing him anyway, but I'm just wondering if those who haven't killed him can collect the full set or will they be left without gloves?

I think the main reason why Halsin pisses off so many monogamous players (myself included) is precisely because he's not just attacking Tav (we're already used to "fighting off" the advances of other companions and it generally doesn't cause any emotion), but because he's threatening the person you care about most - your partner. I fundamentally did not watch this nasty threesome on youtube, because otherwise it would be hard to keep from "bloody revenge", which would be extremely unfair and would ruin the roleplay, since this kind of thing doesn't happen in my game.

I would like to be able to respond to Halsin's "proposal" in a more realistic way, because I immediately think: "Are you crazy? Are you blind and can't see anything?". And the only line, using which you can say about your love for another person sounds like "you know, I'm in a relationship, but, like, I wouldn't say no"... I'm disgusted to play such a character and disgusted to choose such a line. The only option left is the usual rejection, after which he ridiculously starts whining, "Why did you ask me about love then?". Although I did NOT ask him that, I purposely ignored that line in hopes of not provoking him. It's the same with Mizora, by the way, there's no way for a monogamous player to properly declare their relationship, except that she reacts appropriately to the usual rejection.

Halsin has no motivation to follow you after his quest is done, he has no larvae, he's a druid and doesn't like cities, it feels like his only motivation is to harass you and get in on your pair. Of course his "sacred mission in Act 3" totally justifies it, I used to chide myself for my lack of compassion for the character because I used him like this and successfully forgot he existed, but I see a lot of people use him like this. The character seems to exist only to entertain polyamorous players and provide some practical benefit to the rest of us. Of course, there are Halsin fans out there, and they obviously hate this treatment of their favorite (Halsin fans, if anything, I'm sorry, I honestly don't want to hurt anyone's feelings). But if it were possible to "activate" Halsin's sexual behavior only for his fans (e.g. through a line or some action), and he didn't get so brazen with everyone else, there would be a lot less aggression towards him.

Aeterna Amantes. Lovers forever, until the world falls down.

My Love Is Cancelled.
Page 21 of 49 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 48 49

Link Copied to Clipboard