In my most recent playthrough on Act 3 I started running into some of the added lines that apparently attempt to "add context" to Karlach's inevitable bad end.

I absolutely hated it.

The added lines just feel condescending to me. As if we're being told to shut up and accept that this is happening.

And I just hate the idea of this being a "sometimes now matter what you do you can't stop a bad end" kind of story. If that's the case, then let me ask this:
Why the Hell are we even playing this game? Isn't this supposed to be a fantasy RPG? This is the definition of a setting where you can stop the bad end and have a happy ending if you try hard enough. Why even bother if you're not even going to deliver on the actual fantasy when it's most important?

I don't care how fancy you think this story is, I'm sick and tired of these tragedy tropes. A lot of people are. I'm not interested in it, I don't want it, I have no interest in playing it, much less being forced to accept it.

For Larian themselves, if they are even reading this, I feel like I do need to clarify given the harsh stance I'm putting here. I'm not angry with Larian, I'm not trying to rage at them or anything. I have HUGE love and respect for you guys and am still amazed and happy with all the work you've put into this game. But if this is the only ending I'm allowed to have with Karlach then the game just isn't worth playing to end at all. For all the amazing things you put into the game, they all lose meaning very quickly if despite everything we are still left with such a horrible ending.

It is because I love this game so much that I'm giving, and will continue to give you guys this strong but respectful feedback; Give us a happy ending with Karlach.