Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15
T
stranger
stranger
T
This whole thread made me lol.

You guys are (kinda) fighting about Dragon Age and Divinity 2.

"Omg, this one's better!!!!"

"NO!!!!! THIS ONE IS!!!!"

Seriously, I look at it like this. I'm playing Dragon Age right now. I'm in love with it. It's a phenomenal game.

Divinity 2 looks to be good as well. I don't care which one is better than which, or which one looks better.

I'm going to be playing and enjoying both of them. smile

In fact, it's an awesome thing we have so many great PC rpgs to choose from this year. How many did we have last year? The year before that?

veteran
veteran
But that is the whole point point of this thread, T1nk3rb311!

Follow the rules or quit the game^W topic!!! ;P

journeyman
journeyman
Yesterday I was at the retailer's, trying to decide whether I would buy Dragon Age or Divinity II. Everyone is raving about DA, all my friends are playing it, I love Bioware, Mass Effect and KOTOR are my favourite games and yet... I chose Divinity II. It was one of those gut decisions. Somehow I felt this game was going to be more for me. And I kind of like discovering great games that don't get as much attention as the huge titles like Dragon Age. I never finished the first Divinity but thoroughly enjoyed it nonetheless. So anyway, I sat down with my Xbox controller last night, started playing the game and knew right away this was my kinda game. The world is beautiful and charming, the controls easy and intuitive and above all: the dialogues are incredibly witty and well-voiced. This game has got a quality I fear Dragon Age may be missing: humour, relativity, a light touch.
Dragon Age seems a bit too much doom and gloom for me right now. I don't doubt it'll be great in its own way, though. I may play it later on, but I'm happy with the decision I made.

Experience the Witch Hunter Chronicles at https://whchronicles.wordpress.com !
old hand
old hand
In Dragon Age party members joke around & banter all the time, and there is plenty of humour. So it's not all doom & gloom.

journeyman
journeyman
Ah, well, that's good to know. I'll definitely check it out then!

Experience the Witch Hunter Chronicles at https://whchronicles.wordpress.com !
veteran
veteran
Maybe the "humour" in both games are NOT the same kind of humour? wink

Personally I like the humour that's Larian makes in their games smile .

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
addict
addict
I am very sorry to say this but dragon age is better

D2 will never be in same legaue as dragon age

Dragon age is simply better game with better story,better music(epic I must say),better gameplay,depth,humour,lore and much more
But lets face truth
Bioware is very popular with many excelent games(Baldur Gate,Mass Effect,NeverWinter Nights,Star Wars The Knights of The Old Republic,Jade Empire...) while Larian only have Divinity,so Bioware have more money and more money create better game
but I hope Larian will make profit so they can make better Divinity 3 than Divnity 2

D2 is still good game for 1 playtrough

ENGLISH GRAMMAR IS MY WEAK SIDE
enthusiast
enthusiast
Its just a matter of opinion. I know a couple people who didnt like DA:O at all, even though they are Bioware fans.

Dont forget that DA:O is a party based game, with strategical elements with a lot of pauses in combat, D2 is a little bit more action oriented, and single character.

None is better overall in my own personal opinion, they are just diferent.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by KnightPT
Its just a matter of opinion. I know a couple people who didnt like DA:O at all, even though they are Bioware fans.

Dont forget that DA:O is a party based game, with strategical elements with a lot of pauses in combat, D2 is a little bit more action oriented, and single character.

None is better overall in my own personal opinion, they are just diferent.

It might be that I prefer happy RPG with depth story and dialogues

And no freedom.
Nice.

...........................::ALIVE::..........................

DeviRyuuD(Myojinoir) Reviews here
addict
addict
Originally Posted by DeviRyuuD
And no freedom.
Nice.

Like D2 have any freedom

just don"t tell me that Oblivion was your first RPG and now you think that every RPG should look like Oblivion ouch

addict
addict
Can't we just say that they're both awesome games and leave it at that?

Of course we can't!

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
M
MrB Offline
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by Raven.rpg
just don"t tell me that Oblivion was your first RPG and now you think that every RPG should look like Oblivion

Oblivion was my first RPG, and everything should look like it...

Ok, just kidding. I think Mystic Quest, on Gameboy was my first (graphical) RPG. They sure have come some way since. Aside from a few things that i cant get to work, i genuinely like Divinity II. I'll try and find Dragons Age some time after x-mas, and test it out as well, but for now, this is right up my alley. The first few hours are a bit repetitive, but it gets better after a while. And it's never enough to be boring.
B!

stranger
stranger
DA is obviously better than D2. D2 is riddled with bugs, hilariously bad performance & random crashes while I can play DA for hours including alttabbing, the only technical issue with DA is a memory leak slowing performance after multiple hours. Meanwhile D2 is one of the buggiest game releases this year.

Now dude, if you`d search my posts you`d learn how i treat Bethesda, so please. As for Oblivion, it was the ethalon to show the world just how bad they really are at making RPGs, followed By F3.

Raven.rpg, please, tell me, can you go somewhere, wherever you want, in DA:O that is not marked on your map as available? Can you go to the first village you go to after the siege, after you`ve done a large quest in another location? Is there anything in that game to find out, any secrets that might come in helpful? Are there even side quests that have nothing to do with the main story line, but that could help alter the end of game?
No to all.

You see, what makes an RPG good, is that you have the freedom of choice. You go where you want to, you can do the story, or you can go goof around - it`s your choice, sure in DA:O`s story it does offer you to make the right(your) choice of doing things. But DA:O does not offer the "goof around" option. You are sraightly driven into the story and like a sea eagle, it clutches you into its legs and doesnt let go until you`re at its nest - at the end game. Yes, i don`t deny, the story`s great, the dialogues are great, the different beginnings depending on your gender/class/race(good job stealing that from WotC) are great. But the game has so much more potential to it, it`s a let down it didn`t use it fully. And for that, for the game not trying to get the best of it, it ends up being a half assed game.
I`m not saying D2 was by far better, no, but it sure does offer freedom. An open world, go where you like, whenever you like, do what you want and whenever you want. Surely it`s a pity that the ending does not alter no matter what and how you do, but Divinity2 is just so much more friendly and talktive, while DA:O is straight to the point - listen or i`ll shoot you. Adding dialogues, stats and skills to an adventure game does not make it an RPG.
And I don`t know why you all get those bugs, i finished Divinity2 without crashing, whatsoever.

...........................::ALIVE::..........................

DeviRyuuD(Myojinoir) Reviews here
addict
addict
Originally Posted by DeviRyuuD
Now dude, if you`d search my posts you`d learn how i treat Bethesda, so please. As for Oblivion, it was the ethalon to show the world just how bad they really are at making RPGs, followed By F3.

Raven.rpg, please, tell me, can you go somewhere, wherever you want, in DA:O that is not marked on your map as available? Can you go to the first village you go to after the siege, after you`ve done a large quest in another location? Is there anything in that game to find out, any secrets that might come in helpful? Are there even side quests that have nothing to do with the main story line, but that could help alter the end of game?
No to all.

You see, what makes an RPG good, is that you have the freedom of choice. You go where you want to, you can do the story, or you can go goof around - it`s your choice, sure in DA:O`s story it does offer you to make the right(your) choice of doing things. But DA:O does not offer the "goof around" option. You are sraightly driven into the story and like a sea eagle, it clutches you into its legs and doesnt let go until you`re at its nest - at the end game. Yes, i don`t deny, the story`s great, the dialogues are great, the different beginnings depending on your gender/class/race(good job stealing that from WotC) are great. But the game has so much more potential to it, it`s a let down it didn`t use it fully. And for that, for the game not trying to get the best of it, it ends up being a half assed game.
I`m not saying D2 was by far better, no, but it sure does offer freedom. An open world, go where you like, whenever you like, do what you want and whenever you want. Surely it`s a pity that the ending does not alter no matter what and how you do, but Divinity2 is just so much more friendly and talktive, while DA:O is straight to the point - listen or i`ll shoot you. Adding dialogues, stats and skills to an adventure game does not make it an RPG.
And I don`t know why you all get those bugs, i finished Divinity2 without crashing, whatsoever.

First of all
D2 have freedom,but what freedom.There is no even one city except Aleroth(Aleroth is so stupid) and regions are empty.Only first city was good,Orobas ford....very smart,80% of orobas ford is water but there is dragon form(that is interesting,but its get old after a while)
Story is....wait there is no story.
Music is great,but DA:O music is epic
Side quests;only good thing about game(side quests are really interesting)
This game is good but surely it doesn"t deserve title of "RPG of the year"
As I sad I hope Larian will make a good profit so they can make D3 more enjoyable

Did I mention that 85% characters have same faces
I think that every 5th character is same as Marius

Last edited by Raven.rpg; 24/11/09 11:49 PM.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by FirstEnchanter
Meanwhile D2 is one of the buggiest game releases this year.

Untrue, I didn't encounter ANY issue on german retail release. Even on 1.00 and even with language hack.

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
IMHO, it's completely ridiculous to compare Divinity 2 to Dragon Age Origins. I'm playing and enjoying both of them in my PC right now, after I spend my last month on Risen. Although, Div2 and DAO's genres are RPG, they offer completely different experience. To me, both of these games are rare RPG gems. With Drakensang and Risen, these four games are the fantastic four of 2009 for me.

But let's compare Div2 and DAO:

1- Graphics: Div2 offers nice graphics, sharp textures, beautiful colorful landscapes, some buildings like towers, temples were carefully and skillfully crafted by artists, and sometimes I find myself to stop and watch these beautiful scenes. This full of color graphics style reminds me Fable series by the way. DAO's graphics offers nice animations and character textures, but environment graphics are usually consist of low-resolution textures, which was a disappointment for me. But, they used rich animations and effects like bloom to cover these downsides. Overall, DAO uses much gray tones unlike Div2 and it perfectly fits the dark atmosphere and setting of the game. One of my biggest complaints in Div2 is about the small sizes of the texts fonts, while DAO uses easily readable ones.

2- Gameplay: Gameplay is totally different for the two game. Div2 offers action oriented, single player based, real time hack&slash combat, while DAO offers tactical, party based, pausable real time combat. But, both games are more than just combat. While combats are very important for both games, there're plenty of dialogs, puzzle solving and exploration in both. There're plenty of gameplay diversion in Div2, like mindreading, golem making, turning to a dragon. These new ideas offer plenty of innovation to the RPG genre I think.

3 - Atmosphere: DAO has a pretty dark and grim atmosphere. Sometimes too cruel and bloody. While Div2's atmosphere is more faboulous and light. But, this does not means Div2 is a childish game. In both games, player must make choices in quests that has no certain good or evil way to solve it. Both games' target audiances are 18+. But, I must admit DAO's atmosphere is more captivative than Div2. Character personalities are much more detailly crafted in DAO by the way.

Divinity 2 is the worthy successor of Divine Divinity, while Dragon Age Origin is for Baldur's Gate 2.

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
Originally Posted by Kein
Originally Posted by FirstEnchanter
Meanwhile D2 is one of the buggiest game releases this year.

Untrue, I didn't encounter ANY issue on german retail release. Even on 1.00 and even with language hack.

Weird think Div2 must be the only game that you have seen in 2009 I think. smile Because, I'm playing the 1,02 version, I nearly finished the first 1/3 part of it and haven't encountered a single bug in quests, graphics, sounds, character development,etc yet.

veteran
veteran
Next time when you reply can you be more specific to whom?
Thanks.

Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard