Originally Posted by SheaOhmsford
Originally Posted by Libertarian
I'm playing Risen, Torchlight, and DA: O. I'm lovin' 'em all. Screw elitist RPG BS.

Yeah, I agree. Actually bought and started Risen, but it was a slow starter. Based on reviews, I figured I would plod through until it became really interesting, but then came DA:O. I also want to play Torchlight...played a few levels of the demo and it was pretty sweet also.

Risen is definitely a slow burn, but oh so addicting, and it has great characters and dialogue. Not all are amazing, but most are interesting and fun to get to know. And the environments are beautiful to explore. I love how open the game is to the play from the very beginning.

Torchlight has that same addictive feel that Diablo, Sacred, and all other games like it have. The Diablo influence is astonishing, but it's also expected since it's coming from Max Schaefer.

Last edited by Libertarian; 01/12/09 06:11 PM.

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.