Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15
addict
addict
Originally Posted by SheaOhmsford
Originally Posted by Libertarian
I'm playing Risen, Torchlight, and DA: O. I'm lovin' 'em all. Screw elitist RPG BS.

Yeah, I agree. Actually bought and started Risen, but it was a slow starter. Based on reviews, I figured I would plod through until it became really interesting, but then came DA:O. I also want to play Torchlight...played a few levels of the demo and it was pretty sweet also.

Risen is definitely a slow burn, but oh so addicting, and it has great characters and dialogue. Not all are amazing, but most are interesting and fun to get to know. And the environments are beautiful to explore. I love how open the game is to the play from the very beginning.

Torchlight has that same addictive feel that Diablo, Sacred, and all other games like it have. The Diablo influence is astonishing, but it's also expected since it's coming from Max Schaefer.

Last edited by Libertarian; 01/12/09 06:11 PM.

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
old hand
old hand
Risen is an unbalanced game. First chapter is brilliant, but then it deteriorates in one long dungeon hack. It screams a bit of running out of time... Drakensang had the same issues near the end of the game.

Divinity 2, though, is a well-balanced game overall.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by virumor
Risen is an unbalanced game. First chapter is brilliant, but then it deteriorates in one long dungeon hack. It screams a bit of running out of time... Drakensang had the same issues near the end of the game.

Divinity 2, though, is a well-balanced game overall.

Chapter 3 and 4 definitely weren't as great as 1 and 2, as I found the exploration and discovery much more satisfying early on, but I still enjoyed 3 and 4 overall. I love Risen. Drakensang is another game I love. To each his own, I guess.

The only RPG that I've played and hated within the last few years was Two Worlds. What a miserable piece of crap that was.

I can't wait to play Divinity II with this praise, however. celebrate

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
Originally Posted by Raven.rpg

becaose you praise games like Diablo,TQ,D2,DD...(hack"n slash)
but I prefere party based RPG with depth story,characters,tactics...
So I would always play rather DtDE,BG2,DA:O,NWN,KOTOR,ME...
after them games like Gothic,Oblivion,Fallout...
and only then hack"n slash

You are a R-tard. When have i said i praise games like that, are you stalking me?

...........................::ALIVE::..........................

DeviRyuuD(Myojinoir) Reviews here
addict
addict
Originally Posted by DeviRyuuD
Originally Posted by Raven.rpg

becaose you praise games like Diablo,TQ,D2,DD...(hack"n slash)
but I prefere party based RPG with depth story,characters,tactics...
So I would always play rather DtDE,BG2,DA:O,NWN,KOTOR,ME...
after them games like Gothic,Oblivion,Fallout...
and only then hack"n slash

You are a R-tard. When have i said i praise games like that, are you stalking me?

That's certainly uncalled for. No need for immature insults.

But he insulted me.
I suggest this thread gets locked ASAP.

...........................::ALIVE::..........................

DeviRyuuD(Myojinoir) Reviews here
journeyman
journeyman
There is no need for locking threads, let's just be nice.

I've been very slowly making my way through Drakensang (while loving it) since it was released (pathetic, I know:) ). I've now arrived at the seemingly unbeatable dragon near the Tallon village. Being involved with Divinity 2 at the moment, is it worth stubbornly trying to finish Drakensang or should I just let it go and fully focus on Divinity 2?
I love Drakensang, having played the tabletop version of The Dark Eye, but I have to admit I love Divinity 2 even more.

Experience the Witch Hunter Chronicles at https://whchronicles.wordpress.com !
A
stranger
stranger
A
Dragon Age doesn't freeze EVERY SINGLE TIME after character creation. Dragon Age wins.

journeyman
journeyman
Uhm, neither does Divinity 2 on my Xbox.

A
stranger
stranger
A
So it's ok it does on a large number of PCs?
Dragon Age DOESN'T freeze on my PC.

journeyman
journeyman
Well, Divinity doesn't on my Xbox. Perhaps the PC version is not as polished. A patch will be released soon, I've heard.
Anyway, I'm sure DA will be great, I haven't played it yet, but in my book, D2 gets a glowing review smile

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Anrim
So it's ok it does on a large number of PCs?
Dragon Age DOESN'T freeze on my PC.

SUDDENLY
D2 works flawlessly on my PC.
The world ruined.

stranger
stranger
Honestly, this thread has become far too popular. This is like asking if Planescape: Torment was better than Final Fantasy VII. They are quite different. To throw my two cents in, though, if I had to make a recommendation right now, I'd have to give it to DA:O only because it's more stable at the moment, not because it's a better game. Were they of the same level of stability, it's almost purely a matter of preference, as both are shining examples of their respective subgenres.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RanShak
This is like asking if Planescape: Torment was better than Final Fantasy VII.

No, it is not. You're doing it wrong. FF7 is a jRPG, not PC-RPG/classic RPG. Ya'now, if there is exist a sub-genres - they are for reason, not just for someone's sake.

V
stranger
stranger
V
I have buy Dragon Age and this game, and im so dissapointed about this game. I even cant belive it i have pay for such trash. Already shocked on the start that i must run as some azzhole arround to find some stupid town, because the game dosn't even offer map locations. I have buy RPG game not some adventure hiden secrets game or dont know what else. Damn cheap company, for sure the first and the last time that i had ever buy something from this shit company something. Dont even know how you can compare Dragon Age against this crap. This game should be freeware because it isn't worth any money.

stranger
stranger
Will the troll be successful?

addict
addict

nop
Bann him
Troll somewhere else
I agree that DA:O is better game but D2 still have some nice things so FU*K YOU AND EVERY TROLL

ENGLISH GRAMMAR IS MY WEAK SIDE
old hand
old hand

How is he a troll.
He's expressing his opinion across even If its not exactly constructive.

stranger
stranger
Just a guess. He went and registered to the game's forum just to grief.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by DivineGamer

He's expressing his opinion across even If its not exactly constructive.

"not exactly constructive", lol?
He wasn't AT ALL.

Just a guess. He went and registered to the game's forum just to grief.

to "RAEG" >_>

Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard