Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15
V
stranger
stranger
V
Dear Kids, i have nothing against you, from me on you can play this as much as you wannt, rate it to 110 %, really don't care. I wouldn't have problems if they would write on the box '' adventure '' game and not sell it under RPG..because this game is everything else as you would expect from an RPG game. Or is just so shity that you must open every day 10 new topics in help forum ( which is anyway already full ). However, at last now i know that i must stay away from Larian Studios products when i gonna next time buy some pc game.

You don`t care, but you still posed here?

...........................::ALIVE::..........................

DeviRyuuD(Myojinoir) Reviews here
Originally Posted by DeviRyuuD
You don`t care, but you still posed here?

Exactly.

Do you always only play the easiest level in a game or have you never had to ask questions in a game forum? What fun is a game if you can play it while doing something else, because you do not have to think to solve things? What games are you playing since you have this negative attitude? What do you compare it with?

Why not look at Divinity 2 as a RGP with extras and take it as a new experience instead of being so negative?

Last edited by The Endless; 05/12/09 07:14 PM.
old hand
old hand
When all there is to do in RPGs is to have to trudge through repetitive dungeons with repetitive enemies most of the time (like Dragon Age), I tend to get bored. But while Dragon Age makes up for this with party banter & lots of conversations with party members, Div 2 does it through puzzles.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Vienna
Dear Kids, i have nothing against you, from me on you can play this as much as you wannt, rate it to 110 %, really don't care. I wouldn't have problems if they would write on the box '' adventure '' game and not sell it under RPG..because this game is everything else as you would expect from an RPG game. Or is just so shity that you must open every day 10 new topics in help forum ( which is anyway already full ). However, at last now i know that i must stay away from Larian Studios products when i gonna next time buy some pc game.

Fyi, when someone calls other individuals "kids", that person using said word is usually the one who is not an adult.

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by virumor
When all there is to do in RPGs is to have to trudge through repetitive dungeons with repetitive enemies most of the time (like Dragon Age), I tend to get bored. But while Dragon Age makes up for this with party banter & lots of conversations with party members, Div 2 does it through puzzles.

I think that D2 is repetitive
always same
kill damn goblins and black ring

ENGLISH GRAMMAR IS MY WEAK SIDE
veteran
veteran
In DAO: kill the ONE BIG MAIN BOSS and save the world.
Bioware games always teh same.
Repetative.

Wanna continue? ;P

addict
addict
Talk whatever you want
but bioware is bioware...KING OF RPGs...
and DA:O is one of few games where I actually cry after i finish game becaose I was sad that it was over

Last edited by Raven.rpg; 06/12/09 08:19 PM.

^ lifeless one detected.
Oh noez, mi gamz ended sob sob sob.

Last edited by DeviRyuuD; 06/12/09 09:42 PM.

...........................::ALIVE::..........................

DeviRyuuD(Myojinoir) Reviews here
veteran
veteran
Lol, such funny exhibits sometimes shows up...

old hand
old hand
DA:O is a good game, but the story just feels the same like KOTOR/Jade Empire/Mass Effect... go to X places to gather clues/allies/artifacts to destroy Big Evil... it isn't the "dark fantasy" that was marketed, no matter how much gallons of blood the game uses (in fact, the blood imo greatly reduced the seriousness of the game).

Also the combat is not very complex & the tactics is always the same once you figured it out... in Baldur's Gate there was a large variety of enemies which required constant change of tactics; not to mention the quests were much more varied & overall I like the characters of that game more too. Baldur's Gate 2 even exceeds DA in amount of dialogue.

Best thing about DA:O is the setting/world which I find quite interesting. Nothing earth shattering, but it does the job.

addict
addict
DA:O is a good game, but the story just feels the same like KOTOR/Jade Empire/Mass Effect... go to X places to gather clues/allies/artifacts to destroy Big Evil...

But It is still depth story
Did you know that Dragon Age Wins Big at Hollywood in Music and Media Awards
Nov 2009
Best soundtrack baby

My FAV

Title theme(Especially from 1.57 EPIC)
Leliana song
Deep roads

Last edited by Raven.rpg; 07/12/09 01:06 PM.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Raven.rpg
Talk whatever you want
and DA:O is one of few games where I actually cry after i finish game becaose I was sad that it was over

Hopefuly Bioware will keep releasing new downloadable content, i think something is to be released now in December if i remember correctly.

I know its nothing on my business, but if you cry when you end a game, you should realy get something else to do and enjoy your life more, and i'm not being mean or sarcastic about it smile

addict
addict
Originally Posted by KnightPT
Originally Posted by Raven.rpg
Talk whatever you want

Hopefuly Bioware will keep releasing new downloadable content, i think something is to be released now in December if i remember correctly.

I know its nothing on my business, but if you cry when you end a game, you should realy get something else to do and enjoy your life more, and i'm not being mean or sarcastic about it smile

BioWare will release "return to ostagar" DLC

I don"t cry when I finished game
I have played many games but few of them are so briliant(DA:O,KOTOR...) that I am sad when I finish game and I just got feeling that I am gonna cry
You get that feel with this type of games,where you have your party and you connect with them,fight with them,talk with them...

[quote=Raven.rpg]
you should realy get something else to do and enjoy your life more

I play guitar

Last edited by Raven.rpg; 07/12/09 04:25 PM.

A
stranger
stranger
A
I've always been a fan of party based RPGs, so DA:O get a free bonus from me for that. Bottom line is though that DA:O is a much more polished product than Divinity II. While DII shows signs of brilliance here and there, there are so many small issues that irritated me to no end:

- Getting stuck on almost all of the crap that litters each area
- Endless barrels, boxes, baskets, urns to smash up (after you figure out you don't have to open them all individually), with lots of them located out of reach (upper plank, must contain sweets eh?)
- Confirmation dialog for a -successful- load (I like to take that for granted, thank you very much)
- Cannot quick load while you're in the process of dying
- Ugly saved games screen
- Where can I find the saved games in the directory structure so I can easily delete excess files?
- Hints suggest from the very start of the game that you have access to your Battle Tower and "assistents". This takes 50% of the game.
- Inconsistent difficulty, difference in levels between you and your targets has a "magic" effect on damage dealt
- Seems to me lots of skills and effects are pointless
- Numerical increases of skill related values is completely wild

I could probably go on and on. Perhaps only inconsistent difficulty is a truly serious issue. In any case DA:O is definitely 'slick' compared to this.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Anomandaris

I could probably go on and on. Perhaps only inconsistent difficulty is a truly serious issue. In any case DA:O is definitely 'slick' compared to this.

We must be playing a completely diferent game then (DA:O), you know its possible to end DA:O in "hard dificulty", solo, naked and defeat all the major bosses in the game with no potions, right?

And if you call that balanced, i dont realy know what to say more.

old hand
old hand
I'm for one am happy that, unlike DA:O, Div 2 lacks any level scaling (the bane of RPGs).

Last edited by virumor; 09/12/09 02:52 PM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
I'm for one am happy that, unlike DA:O, Div 2 lacks any level scaling (the bane of RPGs).

Well, it depends on your definition of level scaling. I definitely didn't like that the bonusses/penalties for fighting enemies of different level than your own have such a dramatic effect. Gear, skills and stats should make the difference, not "magic" differences in level.

A
stranger
stranger
A

We must be playing a completely diferent game then (DA:O), you know its possible to end DA:O in "hard dificulty", solo, naked and defeat all the major bosses in the game with no potions, right?

And if you call that balanced, i dont realy know what to say more.

I didn't stumble on anything so unbalanced in DA:O. I know people have complained the Arcane Warrior specialization is overpowered. This may be true, but you probably still have to actively seek it out to become so overpowered. In DII you cannot -avoid- running into many places where you'll be killed without a chance and conversely -avoid- towards the end being too high level for you opponents if you do most side-quests.

enthusiast
enthusiast

I didn't stumble on anything so unbalanced in DA:O. I know people have complained the Arcane Warrior specialization is overpowered. This may be true, but you probably still have to actively seek it out to become so overpowered.

Untrue. Not only with the arcane warrior spec, but with other mage combos. And its also doable with a duelist rogue (except the potion part ofc). Its also doable with a shield warrior + healing mage if you want to be less radical on the solo part.

Wich is bad for a game that is suposed to be balanced for a party of 4 players, where equipment and skill matters.

In DII you cannot -avoid- running into many places where you'll be killed without a chance and conversely -avoid- towards the end being too high level for you opponents if you do most side-quests.

Partialy true. i didnt stumble upon of those "unavoidable slaughter scenarios", except ofc if i played badly and skipped most side-quests and i ended up going against +3lvl mobs in a progression zone, but ocasionaly i would go into new areas where i would just steamroll some mobs.

I still think its pointless to compare both games as they are so diferent, but i can't let it pass people saying that DA:O is polished balance-wise, because is one of the least balanced games i've played in the last years, wich doesnt prevent me for still loving the game in general.

Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard