Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by khornedragon
hey man, your internet download speed and upload speed are garbage

I knowgroovy.

I'm poor, thats all i can pay frown . If i start to pay more for internet i can't be able to buy Larian games hehe

M
stranger
stranger
M
for ati catalyst 9.12 Most likely won't help. I had the bug once in the maxos temple.

We really cannot expect any game to be perfect for pc. It is the price we pay, but it is small.

D
stranger
stranger
D
So I downloaded the English Demo and had the same problem that this thread was started for... the infinite loading screen after the ladybug movie. That doesn't bode well for this game. frown I was really looking forward to playing it too. I've got an Athlon 64 3800+ processor as well.

I'm downloading the german demo now to see if it works.

e: The german version doesn't work either, infinite loading screen at the same spot.

Last edited by Dyvion; 20/12/09 08:50 AM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
if that was directed to me my internet is slow indeed

N
stranger
stranger
N
Just got the game yesterday and i've got the infinite loading bug when leaving farglow.
English version of div2
PC specs are:
intel core 2 duo E8400@3.00ghz
MSI nvidia geforce 280GTX OC with 1gb vram
2gb corsairs xms3 ddr3 RAM
creative Audigy 2ZS
Asus maximus extreme mobo
2x500gb hitachi sata2 HDD
Windows XP PRO Service pack 3.

I too have dragon age origins and my computer runs that and all my other games (including sacred 2, COD 4, COD MW,titan quest, Medieval 2 total war, Empire total war, battlefield series.) flawlessly on the highest settings.....Div2 should have been tested more thoroughly before release, but i do understand that bugs sometimes slip under the radar....i have Rise of the argonauts and it suffers from a dialog bug when talking to other characters in the game that causes game to crash, yet no patch has ever been released in over a year for it. i just hope larian fix the infinite load bug very soon or i will not buy another game from them.....i have divine divinity and beyond divinty too, but as i said if loading bug is not fixed larian will not get another penny from me.

Last edited by Nighthawk44; 21/12/09 01:41 AM.
N
stranger
stranger
N
I'm also getting the resolution bug, everytime i select a resolution "in game" then check the graphicoptions.xml file in my profile folder the resolution is different from the one set "in game".
If i make the resolution "in game" and in the graphicoptions.xml file to be the same i get the infinite loading problem plus i get graphic problems(screen is full of artifacts and different colours).....if i set the resolution "in game" and keep the different resolution that is produced in the graphicoptions.xml file then i don't get the infinite loading problem and graphic artifacts are gone and i can play the game.....so maybe the resolution problem and the infinite load problem is linked.
I've also got another problem.....i unistalled the game and reinstalled it and now when i start the game i get a warning box telling me i have got a different version of physX installed that is different from the game, and if it's a newer version it might be okay, but if older i might get game crashes. I unistalled physX and reinstalled it from my Div2 DVD....yet this warning box still persists.

apprentice
apprentice
Install the lastest physx, it is better. And then, go to the Div. 2 Dvd, and click in REG Physx. I solved it This way.

Anyway the Warning Message sucks. It has no influence in the game.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Hey guys, just picked this game up a couple days ago (English version for PC) and ran headlong into the loading screen problem straight out of the gate (post-ladybug). I circumvented it the first time by d/ling a save game past the first hang, but now it's infinite-loading at the point further down the valley.

I've tried all the various fixes suggested in this and other forums with no success, so I'm wondering if anyone has another save-game past this second infinite load. I'd hate to have to play the entire game relying on other people's saves, but what's the alternative? I can't return the game because the store I bought it from doesn't allow returns of PC games, so it seems for the moment it's either this or having paid a bunch of money for a very expensive drink coaster.

Any help would be appreciated.

-a

N
stranger
stranger
N
Thanks Akatosh22 for the fix for the phsyX warning.

Y
stranger
stranger
Y
I too downloaded the demo. Ran straight into the post ladybug load screen freeze. I am eagerly anticipating this game, but will not buy until this bug is fixed. I have an older AMD processor, with a GeForce 7600 something, 2 GB ram, SB Live! Value. It's not out yet in the US, so I'm crossing my fingers that it will be fixed by the time it's available here.

Last edited by Yttermayn; 23/12/09 10:41 PM.
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by chapelzero
Hey guys, just picked this game up a couple days ago (English version for PC) and ran headlong into the loading screen problem straight out of the gate (post-ladybug). I circumvented it the first time by d/ling a save game past the first hang, but now it's infinite-loading at the point further down the valley.

I've tried all the various fixes suggested in this and other forums with no success, so I'm wondering if anyone has another save-game past this second infinite load. I'd hate to have to play the entire game relying on other people's saves, but what's the alternative? I can't return the game because the store I bought it from doesn't allow returns of PC games, so it seems for the moment it's either this or having paid a bunch of money for a very expensive drink coaster.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have the same problem!

Can anybody please give a second save-game past this second NLS.

I wouold be most greatful!

M
stranger
stranger
M
fuck you all

I
stranger
stranger
I
I recently got this game as well and everything was working fine. I managed to make it a good way into the game with no problems, but I was noticing a little lag every now and then, so I checked all my drivers. The only thing that was out of date was my directX by one version, so I updated. Only after updating directX did I get any of the never ending load screens. Does anyone think this could be the problem?

Support
Support

Some of the suggested solutions help for some people but not for others, so there could be a variety of driver/DirectX/etc issues or conflicts which cause this problem.

Which versions of DirectX did you update from/to? That could certainly be something for others in the same situation to check out.

I
stranger
stranger
I
When it updated it said August's Update

stranger
stranger
I had the same problem with the load screen stopping after I tried to leave Farglow. When Rhode speaks to your character before leaving, the dialog ends automatically.
I ended this dialog manually and my game LOADED fine!!!
Hopefully a few more out there will have luck with this.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Man I just bought this game today and I just somehow got a freezing bug working, just to get to the same issue describbed here just after completeing farlow

WTF ! Why is Divinity a peice of shit software ! ?

I wanted to play this game, but I guess if there is no fix for this and the developers have done shit all to fix it.

I have no other choice to take this game back to the shop and tell them its unplayable.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by PiLoT
I had the same problem with the load screen stopping after I tried to leave Farglow. When Rhode speaks to your character before leaving, the dialog ends automatically.
I ended this dialog manually and my game LOADED fine!!!
Hopefully a few more out there will have luck with this.

This also solved the problem for me.

R
apprentice
apprentice
R
Sorry to worry the fun but i just got the game today (been waiting 7 years for this thing to come out cuz i had a gut feeling there would be a sequel) and i have the same non stop loading screen right after the movie of the ship going after the dragon (in the very beinging right after becomes a slayer)

im kinda upset to the point of crying because this is my favorite series. I seriouesly just read 8 pages straight hoping to find some kind of solution... ill try the key pressing ones during the loading process but im curious about the end conversation one...how to u end it urself?

can someone plz tell me that?? plz?

i really want to play..T_T

America...
Support
Support

If there are no numbered options to continue shown in the conversation dialog, you can just hit the '1' key to do so (at least that worked in the PC demo). I'm pretty sure that works to exit as well, when you get to the last line of the conversation. I don't recall if there is a skip/exit icon in the dialog, like there was with DD/BD.

Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard