DA is an okay game for sure, but after playing & finishing it I just couldn't shrug off the feeling that everything I experienced in the game I had already experienced elsewhere... characters & story were basically copy pasted from previous BioWare games. Nothing to write home about.

Replay value in DA for me is dubious, since none of the Origins have any effect on how the main storyline plays out. There are just some cosmetic changes in how a few characters address the main character based on certain happenings in the origin.

Originally Posted by Zomgnome

When you said mudic however, you just reminded me the cutscene in DA when the fight for ostagar starts... It was so epic, the dogs run, some get killed, some men in the army look away... And then he tells them to charge, just when the music really kicks in, and you see the whole army run straight towards the darkspwan... I loved that part, too bad you didn't get any of that feeling during gameplay (not like it wasn't fun ofc, I hated NWN2 but DA gameplay is quite fun). Seems like I dont have anything to add other then that little memory I just recalled from DA claphands

It wasn't very epic at all. It was, in fact, idiotic how the defending army stood right in front of a FORTRESS & then even charged an attacking army instead of making use of the fortifications and letting the Darkspawn come to them...