Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15
addict
addict
Dragon age is better game but Larian still did a great job

ENGLISH GRAMMAR IS MY WEAK SIDE
veteran
veteran
Dragon Age is a AAA masterpiece. Divinity II isn't quite on the same level

So, only games marked as "AAA" can be praised and set to a pedestal? Lol, so silly and lame USA logic: "Oh, wait, lemme check the jewelbox! What? F*ck, no AAA mark? You gotta be kiddin' me, it's a trash, low level product!! GTFO!!11"

Darwinia has no AAA mark.
World of Goo has no AAA mark.
Aquaria ha no AAA mark.

But the games is well-known and awesome, they got the highest scores in reviews.

I hope I didn't ruin your little perfect imagination of gameworld.

Originally Posted by Kein
Dragon Age is a AAA masterpiece. Divinity II isn't quite on the same level

So, only games marked as "AAA" can be praised and set to a pedestal? Lol, so silly and lame USA logic: "Oh, wait, lemme check the jewelbox! What? F*ck, no AAA mark? You gotta be kiddin' me, it's a trash, low level product!! GTFO!!11"

Darwinia has no AAA mark.
World of Goo has no AAA mark.
Aquaria ha no AAA mark.

But the games is well-known and awesome, they got the highest scores in reviews.

I hope I didn't ruin your little perfect imagination of gameworld.

You kill me, and there is that "across the pond" reference again. U.S., Russsia, Belgium, France, Australia...who gives a sh1t? Really!

He stated an opinion, not that the frickin box is marked as such! My copy isn't. If some publisher has put it on the box, it is simply an advertisement, quoted from a reviewer...oh my god, another opinion. I never played the games you mentioned, but they might be very good, as you say...oh my god, yet another opinion!

You stir crap up here more than anyone with mitigated facts, such as the size of the Dev team arguments, with nothing to back them up. Larian's home page states that there are ~41 people on the core team. Probably have subbed for more of the work, but Bioware has roughly 300 at their Canadian studio alone.

People are saying what a great job Larian did with their relatively small (compared to Bioware) team. You act as they are comparing apples to apples, when it's more like apples to grapes. I haven't played D2 yet except for a tiny bit of the demo, and from what I can tell, the games are nothing alike, except for a dark, fantasy setting.

I think Dragon Age is a AAA masterpiece as well. I hope Divinity 2 turns out to be one when I get a chance to play it too. No matter the size of the dev team (although that would make the effort much more impressive), the style of the game play, or which side of the frickin ocean I live on. Lenin and Stalin died decades ago, get over it man!

Last edited by SheaOhmsford; 31/12/09 02:37 PM.

Is reality just a fantasy?
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Kein
[quote]Lol, so silly and lame USA logic: "Oh, wait, lemme check the jewelbox! What?

Are you a xenophobe? Sure seems like it, bucko.

Anyways, I've praised Divinity II, so don't just skip over other posts to try to prove a somewhat immature and uneducated point.

Divinity II is not AAA, whether you like it or not. It's just not. Dragon Age is. I could point to the Metacritic average here, but let's just use common sense for one freaking moment.

That doesn't mean you can't prefer one over the other, but that still doesn't make the said preference a AAA game, unless you're absolutely blind to every fault.

Your logic is silly, period. Don't bring in smaller indie games of such kind to try to prove a point. Games with such a large scale and scaled down teams/budgets like Risen, Divinity II, Sacred 2, Two Worlds, etc, are not AAA games. Sure, there may be an exception to the rule (ie: The Witcher), which is debatable, but let's not kid ourselves.

Anyways, I prefer Divinity II (and Divine Divinity for that matter) over anything Bethesda has created, so don't worry there, champ, the motherland reigns supreme!

Last edited by Libertarian; 31/12/09 04:24 PM.

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
old hand
old hand
Following the 'lame USA logic', Dragon Age would suck since it's a game from Canada... wink

Personally, I would give Divinity II around an 8.5 so far...and that is being generous because I can overlook the technical faults. The core of the game I am in love with, and that is all that matters to me. Reveiwers in the gaming media, however, are not quite so forgiving.

Libertarian is right, though. It does not have the polish or production value of an AAA game like Dragon Age and that is unfortunately why it is not being rated as such. Whether you like one over the other on a personal level is a different matter of course, and is all simply a matter of taste.

While I strongly feel Dragon Age is the better game, it is not taking away any of the enjoyment I am getting from Divinity II and is certainly not worth arguing over. Because I can enjoy both for what they are and leave it at that.

In the end, Divinity II and Dragon Age are both wonderful role playing games, and one should not have to be judged as being better than the other when both are there to be enjoyed for what each brings to the table. Which one is better is in the eye of the beholder anyway, so why even argue about it in the first place?

I have massive doubts about DA:O being an AAA game. Seems like a B to me.

...........................::ALIVE::..........................

DeviRyuuD(Myojinoir) Reviews here
addict
addict
Divinity II is a B game. DA: O is a AAA game. Check Metacritic.

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
Like i care what Metacritic says.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Having played both I have to say that I am enjoying Divinity II more than I enjoyed Dragon Age. Sure DA is more polished but Divinity II was just more interesting.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by DeviRyuuD

Wait, so it's a B game because your opinion carries more weight than those of the critics who gave it such a high average? Oh boy.

I`m just saying how i see it. Don`t talk emo stuff.

journeyman
journeyman
I spent around 30 hours with Dragon Age and while DA is more polished than D2, I prefer D2's gameplay so far. The main reason is I prefer controlling just one character instead of having to pause every few seconds and micromanage orders for four. They are both great games though.

Last edited by Killbomb; 31/12/09 10:41 PM.
addict
addict
I`m just saying how i see it. Don`t talk emo stuff.

Talk "emo"? If making sense is "emo", then guilty as charged.

addict
addict

then go and die
Like someone in this world care for what you think
***YOU ARE UNIMPORTANT***

Gamespot,IGN... they are important
Thousands of gamers read their rewievs but I doubt that even 20 people read what you thik
and they all think that DA:O is better game
But in the end,It isn"t important becaose everybody play what they prefer

Maybe Call of Duty modern warfare 2 is better game than Divinity 2 or DA:O but I don"t care becaose I play what I prefer

Goodbye

Right back at you. Your opinion is unimportant, go die emo fan boy wink

addict
addict
Right back at you. Your opinion is unimportant, go die emo fan boy wink

It isn"t my opinion,It is opinion of higher force

What kind of statement is that?
Have you no opinion of your own? :o

Last edited by DeviRyuuD; 01/01/10 02:44 PM.

addict
addict

I have
My opinion is that Dragon age origins is better

Originally Posted by Raven.rpg
Originally Posted by Raven.rpg

I have
My opinion is that Dragon age origins is better

then go and die
Like someone in this world care for what you think
***YOU ARE UNIMPORTANT***
Goodbye

See how things go back right at you.

So before posting something like that again, know that everyone has their own opinion of things, i don`t care what metacritic says, to me the game will always stay at B level. I wasnt intending any flame when i said that, i wust just expressing what i think. Shouldnt you be ashamed of yourself raven?

Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard