Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
journeyman
journeyman
I agree! In fact, I'll repeat what I stated in the "better than dragon age" thread, this game has a certain "something" that I haven't found in a game in a long, long time -- not since the likes of Monkey Island and Space Quest, in fact. What I'm talking about is that light touch, the little humorous details. It's still a good, serious story but the humor in it dares to be really quite ridiculous and it doesn't detract from the experience at all, it only makes it more fun. Take the character Hermafroditus for example, the way he speaks is completely ludicrous and could have just felt completely out of place and annoying, but it isn't. Instead it provides unexpected bursts of laughter in the middle of a serious quest to save the world and I love that!
These days, a lot of people seem to think that being risky or courageous equals being offensive, which is a sad way of looking at things. This game is never offensive, instead its boldness comes from daring to be completely ridiculous at times and still succeeding at telling an epic story. As I said before, you just don't find that kind of guts in most mega-titles.

Experience the Witch Hunter Chronicles at https://whchronicles.wordpress.com !
apprentice
apprentice
I have to chime in here with my thanks as well, but I have to comment... what a great manual! Every skill is there with a description and I enjoyed reading the story to catch up on the lore. Well done!

addict
addict
Thank you for giving me something to play til Dragon age comes out grin

just kidding THANKS

ENGLISH GRAMMAR IS MY WEAK SIDE
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard