Originally Posted by marcusdavidus
unreal ye are u see any one actually ply mutliplayer on reakl server on on any championships on XBOX ?
is simly imposible to play in fps on PAD yes u can play single playre cuz devs gimps enemys so u got feel like u acxtually good but if u go online any noob with muse and keys will EAT u

Not entirely true.

One player broke the top 5 with a control pad on Unreal Tournament 3 (PC version) on the Deathmatch leaderboards about a month after it was released.

Hell I've even played on PC with a control pad myself against mouse and keyboard players, and held my own. The gap isn't really as huge as you seem to think for someone who is competitively competent with a control pad.

There's also some godly control pad players on the PS3 version of UT3, where they allow players to use Mouse and Keyboard or control pad aswell.

Now while mouse and keyboard holds some advantages over control pads what you have to realise is that on consoles, everyone uses the same controller, thus has the same playing field. People also find ways to use their own methods of playing and ways to gain advantages over others when using them. People adapt.

Now I'll give you credit where it's due that Counter Strike isn't as popular as it is on the PC, though probably mainly due to mods, and the smaller userbase of the Xbox at the time, etc more than anything else, but that doesn't change the fact that it was released on console.

If you think people can't play competitively just because they use a control pad you are a very narrow minded individual. Maybe you should take a look at some of the games played at MLG (and I'm not talking the wannabes here, I'm talking the real pros) and at how much money some of those guys can win over there aswell. Maybe then you'll realise that console gamers can be just as competitive aswell. Hell most gamers scream for good multiplayer because of it.

Wake up kid. The world doesn't revolve around PC gaming alone anymore. Deal with it.

Last edited by Unreal Warfare; 08/01/10 11:25 AM.