Originally Posted by marcusdavidus
unreal ye some guys can do this on pad same like some guys was beat asses on just keyboard without mouse in quake/ quake 2 , but that dont mean more ppl can do the same

also u dont undertstood the lack of controlls on xbox is most pain in ass if xbox was be shipped with mouse/keyboard is fine for me to make same games on pc/xbox but due of lack of real control in xbox the pc games get freeking limited posibilities all this auto aim shit in d2 is only cuz noobsd on xbox cannot fucking aim on pads . are u even consider playng rts on pad? try control 200 units when u cannot simply bind anything.

Let me make something very clear to you. I own a PC, Xbox 360 and a PS3 for gaming. I, on a regular basis, play Guild Wars and Unreal Tournament 3 on the PC. So yes I have a clear understanding of controls on a PC and a console, and the different variances in how they are used.

RTS, while probably being a little more limited than on a PC, do work on the consoles. Command & Conquer, Battle for Middle Earth 2, and Supreme Commander are pretty well translated over and despite the lack of keyboard and mouse are fairly good to play. Personally though I don't care about RTS games on a console, I play RPG's and shooters, neither do I see why it's a big deal to you how a RTS game works on a console if you play it on a PC. You're saying a RTS on a PC is limited because of consoles? If so I will laugh my ass off. Most console RTS, if not all, are ports of PC games, and ones that have been released significantly later.

The auto aim in Divinity 2 isn't because people can't aim with a control pad. It's just a part of the game. Did you not notice that the enemies have homing arrows too? Divinity 2 was released well before it was released on a console. If you go to the Xbox 360 forums you'll find just as many people complaining about it there as there is here. So if you think it's because of what we want then you are badly mistaken. You talk of PC gamers having limited possibilities because of console gamers yet you get a better skill and hotkey system.

and im not enemy of consoles im enemy of making the same games on consoles and pc. common there is jRPG for consoles but puting cRPG on consoles just gimp that games becouswe XBOX/ps3 got limited power limited cotrol etc . just look how shitty was gothic 3 , the fights wa s retardet due of auto aim and auto aim was introduced only cuz noobs on consoles cannot freeking do anything if they need use gothic/gothic 2 fight style

The time of consoles having limited power etc is behind us. Now while consoles do get outdated due to technology shift that doesn't make them any less capable of playing games from another platform because developers will always try and make their games play on the lowest spec PC's possible. If you think a console like the Xbox 360 or PS3 is not better than a low end PC that most games are designed to run on then you clearly do not understand what hardware they actually have in them.

Also Gothic 3 was on consoles? I think not.

so why dont stay iwith takken games on consoles and let pc handle real games .

See above. Even with PC they will still cater to a lower end market. Regardless of what market they cater to PC users are still capable of modding their game, recieving patches for it, and getting high res packs to make it look better.

Lastly, and probably the most important part, console games are generally handled by other studios when ported to a console. PC developers generally cater for the PC crowd first, then get another company to port the game to consoles.

So all this talk is irrelevant, in most cases.

I really see no cause for complaint whatsoever, other than to attempt to wind up the console userbase.

Last edited by Unreal Warfare; 08/01/10 12:07 PM.