Hi guys,

Ok, I'm one of the people who can't get past the Start New Game screen, it shows the icon with the circling ring and then flicks like it's changing screens and goes right to the desktop.

I don't receive any error codes, just the Report you problem to Microsoft box.

Anyway...

I decided to try and install the game on my much older system and just "see" what would happen.

Amazing enough it played through the intro movie and I got to the Character creation screen...though it was VERY choppy and slow. This is about a 6 year old comp that I keep just to have a spare for internet and "older" gaming.

But it has the same XP Pro SP3 installed...just a weaker cpu and video card.

So my problem seems to be the transition to the Intro cut scene.

I'm thinking that I'm having a Codec conflict.

I un-installed my Divx suite and un-installed my WMP and then re-installed it...

Still had the problem though frown

So I'm wondering if there is a fairly easy way to see what codecs are on a system and a way to remove them.

I might just move my Doc folder to another drive and do a Clean Install of XP Pro again to "see" what happens lol

Not looking forward to that BUT I'm like a dog digging for a bone...hard for me to stop till I find it (the problem)

I thought perhaps it was a SecuRom issue or conflict, but they reported back that my analysis report looked ok.

My hardware is all within the norm for running the game easily...so I'm thinking this is a software/driver/codec issue.

Perhaps a clean install is the best way to test that theory.

Basic stats:

ASRock 939 dual mobo / AMR 2 cpu card
AMD 64 X2 5600+
8800GT 500mb
2g ram

Any suggestions on the "codec" theory would be most welcome!!! smile

Has anyone else tried this and had positive results?

Thanks for listening and any help/suggestions/ideas you can give me!

Regards

"believe in what gods you may, but TRUST in cold hard steel!"