Originally Posted by AmayaTenjo
It gets really bad in Act 3 as well.

I get wanting to give players options. I also get putting silly little things in for funsies. But the tonal shift, particularly with the sex, in Act 3 gives me complete whiplash. It's made kind of worse because it hits you almost all at once when you first get to Act 3. BAM hookers. BAM Mizora. And a little bit later BAM Harleep. Its too much too soon in a short timespan.

The possibility of choice for the player, including the availability of good lines suitable for roleplaying - this is very important. Including in romance, otherwise instead of RPG you get a novella, immersion and belief in what is happening on the screen is broken. I have all the problems with this game are in the 3rd act. By the way, also BAM Emperor (I don't remember exactly where he got in between all the others, but he tries to "participate" too).

Originally Posted by AmayaTenjo
I wish it was less about sex, and more about romance and eroticism between you and your LI if that makes sense. I dont think what we got was entirely bad, but it did go toward a more, idk 'novelty' route in many ways. Especially for Halsin.

Absolutely, if instead of all this there were more good romantic interactions between you and your LI, the game would probably be a masterpiece. It's also annoying that a lot of content and replicas (some of these replicas and reactions help to better reveal the LI's character) are only available in case of cheating or in a situation of choosing between the two. For monogamous relationships, in which Tav remains faithful to one chosen one, no fidelity reactions are provided, and as a result the player receives less content. The quality of the resulting romance depends among other things on the chosen LI, with some players the game has treated better, some worse. The problem with Halsin specifically, in my opinion, is that it is too actively imposed, you could say that it is simply pushed through and "advertised" to the player, without paying attention to whether the player wants it or not. I don't think Halsin's fans would be too upset if Halsin only paid attention to them and not everyone else. Besides, he's also encroaching not only on you, but also on the person most dear to you - your LI. The very dialog with Halsin, when he proposes a relationship, is constructed in a rather disrespectful way towards your LI. You can't even say that you love the other person and are faithful to them without any ambiguity. As a result, the character is hated by a certain part of the audience, while he himself, in fact, does nothing wrong if you immediately reject him, simply because of his behavior. The game should consider all players, not just "thirsty", fanfiction and ahem...discord posters.

Aeterna Amantes. Lovers forever, until the world falls down.

My Love Is Cancelled.