Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#408289 07/03/10 08:39 AM
Apollon Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Couldn't find any solution to this by googling, so here I am. In some areas of the game my screen just goes black, I can only see the mini map on top. Sometimes, switching to desktop and back helps, but just for a few seconds - then it goes black again. I'm on Windows 7 x64 Ultimate. Graphics card is NVIDIA Geforce Go 7950 GTX and the monitor is full HD 1080p 24inch. Running the game in 1900x1200 resolution. I tried all the suggestions listed here by Druuberry and others: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/divinity2egodraconis/answers.html?qid=147671

and went all the way down to shitty 1200 x 720 res, which looks rather ugly on my 24" HD monitor, but it still didn't make any difference.
Please help, I can't even play anymore - got to an area which must be cleared and screen goes black in there every time. Thanks.

• You will never get a second chance to make a good first impression
  • War doesn't determine who is right, but who is left...
Support
Support

Try running the game as administrator, and in the compatibility options, disable desktop composition.

Black Screen of Death

First Aid Kit for Divinity II

First Aid : when Div2 does not start or crashes

Apollon Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
thanks for the reply. I already tried administrator and desktop composition suggestions - they're listed in the link I pasted. Now I did everything Larian_QA said in that "Black Screen of Death" link you posted, including upgrading to latest Nvidia drivers, latest Physx software and going all the way down to 720x480 resolution, which is the lowest available for wide screen monitors - didn't fix the problem frown Problem occurs in the same location every time
Any other suggestions would be very much appreciated

Apollon Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
More details: i'm using latest English version 1.3.13.100 upgraded using official patch Divinity_II_Patch_1.03_EIS.exe. The black screen occurs every time as soon as I take a few steps inside Stone's Flying Fortress area...

Apollon Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Found a solution here: http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=37&Number=407778

Disabling HDR in graphics options did the trick. Running the game in the desired 1900 x 1200 resolution for half an hour straight now - no black screens.

Last edited by Apollon; 08/03/10 01:13 AM.

Support
Support

Thanks for the update. Glad you got it working.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard