Originally Posted by Raze

I didn't bother with Thousand Strikes at all (playing a strength based duel wielding warrior), though did max Mana Efficiency (more to help with summoning the creature early to mid game). One point in Mana Leech may work just as well, which I also did later in the game, when I had skill points to spare (I didn't have a problem running out of mana, just figured it might come in handy at some point).

I actually only now (after returning to Broken Valley from Sentinel Island to finish up old quests) discovered the enchanter and finished the quest to get a creature. I've played the whole game thus far (level 18) without these things (and without any points in a weapon proficiency) and didn't realize it! At least I never really had any problems without them.

I also took the point in Mana Leech after I saw how much Healing cost. Yikes, I almost never used mana at all until I got that skill! smile But now even when I use Healing, I have nearly a full mana bar after a fight, so no problem there.