So Baishy you have the same load times too?
I have them as well, however a dev team member told me it was unexpected and unusual.
Looks like it's not.

I am sorry but content depth has nothing to do with optimization.
Yes, the game is well written, and everybody acknowledges that.
But it doesn't have to be a trade off, where I tolerate 40 second load times when I get out of every building in exchange for interesting quests. I'm willing to make an effort but that's too long.

In Fallout New Vegas, which apparently uses the same engine, load times are also pretty noticeable. But for instance when you visit a small building and get out, there is no load time to return to the outdoor zone.
Not that Fallout NV is all that well optimized itself, as it freezes and glitches rather often, but at least in the conception of the game it looks like they tried to find tricks to work around the engine's limitations in terms of load times.
I know that Bethesda/Obsidian and Larian don't have the same ressources.
I accept that the two games are different and the same tricks might not have been workable in Divinity II.
But after one more year of dev time, the fact that it's gotten worse is just disappointing.

I should have bought the PC version but I don't like to play 3rd person perspective games with a mouse and my rig would have had issues playing the game.

Last edited by masa2009; 06/11/10 02:52 PM.