Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
stranger
stranger
The game is really fantastic affter we can transform into a dragon !

Hope they will fix it for you guys, or you will miss some BIG game experience !

I played non-stop the whole day till now :hihi:

OP Offline
We will have to be patient any way. Any patch will have to go through Microsoft before we get it and that can take time as they will test it as well.

One forum member from Scotland has completed it on 360 and that would be the same region so as Lar_q is saying it's just unfortunate.

Divinity II: XBOX 360
Region: PAL (UK)
Display: 1080i HDMI PC
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Lord Riton
The game is really fantastic affter we can transform into a dragon !

Hope they will fix it for you guys, or you will miss some BIG game experience !

I played non-stop the whole day till now :hihi:

I have the first Divinity II on 360 and know just how good it is. wink

stranger
stranger
I have the exact same bug in my game. I,ve tried everything I can think of but she just can't summon the damn thing. I,ve tried loading all of my four saves (the one furthest back is 15 minutes away from there) and it happens again. I didn't exactly expect a game-breaking glitch from the ENHANCED version of the game. How is this even possible?

360 PAL version

Last edited by Zlaja; 22/11/10 03:30 PM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
Hello Apprentices,

As I had the same hang but found a way past it, this may serve you as well:

when fighting with Sassans lisping double, just ignore their minions, concentrate on fighting here
- when she's dead, their minions are dead as well

plus: the real Sassan can summon Razakel now

please reply if this worked for you as it did for me!

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Dragon2be
please reply if this worked for you as it did for me!

Nope. You just got lucky, I guess. I did it 4-5 times like you suggested, no difference.

We need some answers on how to avoid this from happening cause I don't wanna start over just to get the same glitch again. ASAP.

OP Offline
For those of you who have had the glitch and later got it to work, just some questions so we can get an idea if we are all using the same things ect...

1. What make of 360 do you have?

2. What dash board do you have on your 360?

3. Are you on XBOX LiVE?

4. Was your game installed on the hard drive or were you running it from the disc?

5. What display mode were you using?

6. What video connection are you using be it: HDMI, VGA, COMPONENT, RGB SCART or COMPOSITE VIDEO?

Thanks.

** Just thinking aloud **
One thing that bugs me. Before I went to Sassan I spent a couple of hours making sure I had covered everything I that could do in Broken Valley ect... I found in the Maxos Temple on the Spiral Staircase on top of a lamp a KEY. I long forget from the first game what the key was for and in DSK I never found a use for it. Back of my mind I am wondering have a got past a door without it and broke the game later leading up to the Sassan glitch?

stranger
stranger
Dungeon Master:

I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the type of 360 since you have a glitch on your 250 GB slim while I have the same glitch on my 20 GB fatass. I've also tried different resolutions and nothing works.

Also, the key you're refering to unlocks the chest on top of the stars but since it's possible to pick it without the key you might end up with a key you don't have a use for. Same thing happened to me. That's hardly the reason for the glitch.

Is anything supposed to happen if you try "using" the soul forge book? Can you read it? If I "use" it I end up exiting the inventory but nothing happens. Is it supposed to be like this? I do remember trying to open it before talking to Sassan.

Last edited by Zlaja; 23/11/10 12:25 PM.
veteran
veteran
To all experiencing exactly the same problem, could you please send your save game (see the instructions below) to support@larian.com?
Please mention "XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon" in the subject of your email to ensure fast response / help. Thank you.

Originally Posted by Lar_q
Dungeon Master - we'd very much like to look at your savegame as we haven't seen this before. The following might seem a bit impressive in terms of steps to take, but there's a chance that we can help you out and consequently others if you could provide us with a save-game. But before going through the entire list, is this your first or second playthrough ?

Here's how to get us a savegame:

1. you need a USB stick

2. You need to have the latest Xbox360 dashboard update

3. copy the profile and the save game to the USB stick

a. go to system setting
b. go to memory
c. select USB storage drive
d. select configure now
e. go to system setting
f. go to memory
g. Select all devices
h. Select gamer profiles
i. Select the game profile you use for Div2 DKS
j. Select move (WARNING Don't forget that you'll need to move it back afterwards!!!)
k. Select memory unit
l. Press back until you are at all devices screen again
m. Select games
n. Select Divinity II DKS
o. Select the save game that is problematic
p. Select copy
q. Select memory unit
r. Remove the USB stick

4. Install a 3rd party software: http://halo.gruntmods.com/Files/Xtaf_Release_Gui_.rar

5. . insert usb stick in pc
a. run program
b. select file
c. select open drive
d. in the file system view you should have a folder named Data Partition now.
e. open that and right click on the content folder and select extract.
f. save the content folder to your drive
g. rar/zip it and mail it to support@larian.com
6. Move back your profile from the USB stick afterwards to the Xbox360!!!
a. go to system setting
b. go to memory
c. select USB storage drive
d. Select gamer profiles
e. Select the game profile you use for Div2 DKS
f. Select move
g. Select hard drive

Thanks in advance

stranger
stranger
I got stuck again, later in game, in some grotto i had to insert a lever then to trigger it, then same as with the Sassane invoke bug: the view changed to the magical barrier that removed on a door close to me. Then nothing, same as here, the view didn't come back to my char and i couldn't do anything.

But i found a way through it !

When the bug occurred, i clicked on pause button (with a click on top of the right stick) then i clicked on the RB button to make appear the fast menu, then i clicked on START button to get the normal menu, and then i just saved the game.
I then had to click the XBOX button to go to the XBOX interface (Dashboard) because load option didn't work. Then i just restarted the game with this last save i made, and i went through the point where i got stuck. Maybe it will work at the invoke place too ? Well try it and tell us, someone smile

OP Offline
With out trying yet... Once the Sassan animation kicks in you can not pause or do anything other than press the guide to quite out of the game before it crashes. I will try tho.

Last night I thought it would be worth a try so I changed my xbox 360 language & region to Germany knowing some players have had no issues from there - just in case it was a problem with the english voice sample file but you can not load your save game once the region has been changed to something different other than the region setting you started playing with...

stranger
stranger
Will this glitch be solved with the upcoming patch?

OP Offline
I would imagine so or at least I hope so. Not really much wrong with the 360 version compared with the many different PC setups trying to run the game that need tweaking.

Larian Studios post on the: New Patch

My only gripe is that for me my game is broken meaning in the future once XBL has been pulled I may not be able to play it if my 360 dies - unless I grab a spare 360 at some point and get that updated and put away for a rainy day. Would be nice if such an update could be burned to CD and kept for such a reason. wink

stranger
stranger
Strange, i finished The first part of the game (Dragon Egonis), but instead of playing flames of vengeance i decided to restart a new char because i wanted to play a mage (my other char was an archer).
This time i had no problem going through the invoke point.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Dungeon Master
I would imagine so or at least I hope so. Not really much wrong with the 360 version compared with the many different PC setups trying to run the game that need tweaking.

Larian Studios post on the: New Patch

My only gripe is that for me my game is broken meaning in the future once XBL has been pulled I may not be able to play it if my 360 dies - unless I grab a spare 360 at some point and get that updated and put away for a rainy day. Would be nice if such an update could be burned to CD and kept for such a reason. wink

XBL, pulled? Not likely. Why do you suggest such a notorious notion, friend?

Fiat justitia, ruat caelum.
OP Offline
Right now XBL is so big that the chances of it getting pulled in the near future are very slim indeed. However as a long user of XBL from day one and fond of many games on the original xbox 180 it's still painful to this day that xbl one was taken down. After all it's a service I signed up for and have been paying for for the last 8 years.

So yeah everything is jolly right now, come a new xbox and if it's not 100% backwards compatible then we will see the whole of xbl being erased forever once again...

stranger
stranger
If that's the case, then wouldn't the patches and updates be available on the new LIVE? That being said, seeing as this one is so popular, probably more so than the original LIVE, wouldn't it just be continued?

Anyway, on topic: I've gotten to the Battle Tower, and despite a minor glitch where the game froze as I came out of a tower, I'v managed to get past Sassan summoning the Demon. I can't say what may have allowed me to pass. I've done absolutely everything, and there was a quest that I failed, until Turngoyn; I deem 2 skill points of more value than 9,000 exp and a non-rare weapon.

One thing of note I didn't do, was killing Casper via the chicken. I have the achievement, but it froze after when I went into Buad's Storage. I reloaded and left him alone.

I'm afraid I have no clue as to a solution on the temporary basis. I myself was hesitant on doing it, but eventually I persuaded myself to just go through, to deal with it if it went south.

I'm sorry you're one of the unfortunates.

Fiat justitia, ruat caelum.
old hand
old hand
As lar_q has already mentioned, there's people looking into this. Obviously, even if it doesn't block everyone, it is a blocker for some players. So rest assured, we won't release an XBOX patch without this taken care of.

In the meanwhile, code and design told me that the reason might be memory or streaming. They asked me to tell you or ask you the following:

1. Try to save as close to the room where the demon is summoned as possible.
2. Or better yet: try to save inside the room.
3. Even better: try to save inside the room _just before_ the demon is summoned, with your back and camera away from the point he is summoned at.

As soon as you think you have a good save, restart your 360 and see if that helps anything.

Feedback on this idea is much appreciated! It would help the team in finding the cause of this hard to reproduce bug. (It's hard to reproduce on a devkit/testkit.)

Tweeting @forktong
OP Offline
Thanks for the update. I will try some more, as you may know I'm saved just outside the room.

I still have my broken save game and a back up of it.

I have also started again a couple of hours ago with a male character, will be some time as you can imagine before I reach the same point with a new character + I'm a slow player.

There is another bug that I ignored on my first play through which has just shown up again. I will speak of it just in case.

1. Just outside the Tavern you have Stan and Ollie at the start. You talk to them ect...
2. Go into the Tavern and get the Seekers removed.
3. Go back out side the Tavern and talk to Stan just before he gets up off his chair.

As soon as you talk to Stan the main game graphics disappear and you are left looking at what looks likes the games backdrops such as mountains and hills. Stans text window is still there tho his voice samples do not play. Every time you proceed to the next text sentence the main game image/camera will change to a new image of the games background.

You can go through Stan's text all the way to the end tho none of the voice samples will play. At the end, give it half a second or so once it exits the text window - the surrounding area draws back up. This is not game breaking in any way, but a bug that may upset other things maybe? Just thought I would share just in case it's been missed or linked in anyway.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by ForkTong
As lar_q has already mentioned, there's people looking into this. Obviously, even if it doesn't block everyone, it is a blocker for some players. So rest assured, we won't release an XBOX patch without this taken care of.

In the meanwhile, code and design told me that the reason might be memory or streaming. They asked me to tell you or ask you the following:

1. Try to save as close to the room where the demon is summoned as possible.
2. Or better yet: try to save inside the room.
3. Even better: try to save inside the room _just before_ the demon is summoned, with your back and camera away from the point he is summoned at.

As soon as you think you have a good save, restart your 360 and see if that helps anything.

Feedback on this idea is much appreciated! It would help the team in finding the cause of this hard to reproduce bug. (It's hard to reproduce on a devkit/testkit.)

I tried all of the above but its still not working though.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard