Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
D
stranger
stranger
D
Suggestions didnt work for me

I tried :

1. killing Sassan lookalike - answer 'No" on Sassan - face a wall corner (my back to the summoning circle) and save. Restart xbox and game - talk to Sassan to summon -> freeze
2. killing Sassan lookalike - answer 'yes' immediately on Sassan -> freeze
3. my save-game just outside the room. Run al the way back to the sentinel island door.Exit it. Re-enter, kill lookalike, answer 'yes" immediately --> freeze
4. making sure my xbox was disconnected from xboxlive while trying. Tought maybe an achievement issue or so. --> freeze

anymore suggestions ?

OP Offline
Video Replay of: Sassan can't summon demon

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVcjhUBQmr0

I thought I'd make a quick vid so you guys can see it for your selfs. The video is Unlisted so only people with the link and view it. If you want me to delete it let me know and I will do so ASAP.

Sorry for poor image quality and sound. Using a Mountain Bike Action cam as thats all I have to record 360 footage.

I spent a couple of hours messing about and still could not pass this point. Even as far as copying save game and profile to an official 360 memory card and loading it up on a 1st gen 20gig 360 and the same thing happened.

In the video my save is BAG on the point of the Sasan animation when it loads. Moments later your see only the 360 guide button works. After a while you will see the fire spin around Sassan stops moving. It's at this point the whole 360 has locked up - I put my hand and pad in front of the screen so you can see it's not the movie that has stopped.

I also tried forcing Good and Bad Sassan's over to the other side of the room so Good Sassan would have to run all the way around to Summon the Demon and it hung again.

Divinity II: XBOX 360
Region: PAL (UK)
Display: 1080i HDMI PC
D
stranger
stranger
D
dungeon master
in this room the door closes when the scenematic with the sassan lookalike starts.
But there is also another door in this room, for which you need a key it seems.

Did you have the key?
I have no idea where to find the key.

Hope they find a workaround soon. Starting tomorrow on i have 4 weeks of holiday. Would hate to waste it on Fable III. I was just getting into this game and loving it.

OP Offline
From memory from the first game, once you kill the demon the other door opens up. No key needed. I've been past here before on Divinity II: Ego Draconis any way. I say no more other than the game has not even started yet until you get past this part!!! wink

Dungeon Master,

Thanks to the savegame you sent us we can reproduce this on our side. We are hard working on a fix but I can give you no ETA as of yet I'm afraid.

The moment we have it resolved, we'll let you know.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by Greever
Dungeon Master,

Thanks to the savegame you sent us we can reproduce this on our side. We are hard working on a fix but I can give you no ETA as of yet I'm afraid.

The moment we have it resolved, we'll let you know.

Ah, it sounded for a moment you guys could not replicate it on your dev machines. Let me know if you want the video deleted as I am not here to promote a strange bug as many people do not have it. If not I'll leave it for a while so people can compare with their own saves. Once fixed I can remove it for sure as it has no real use.

Cheers! I've started again so from now till the new year or what ever should be enough time for me to get back up there with a new character. smile

old hand
old hand
We actually have an idea - is it possible that you spent a lot of time in Broken Valley & Sentinel island before moving into the tower, say over 40 hours ?

OP Offline
You could be right. As well as a family & 2 children I suffer with anxiety & depression. I play for so long leaving the 360 on. The game goes into Auto Pause while I pop out for a smoke and before I return time has past by... I waste time away from the 360 until I feel ready to return. Thats why I'm slow player.

Plus being remastered I checked anything and everything twice over, also found some new surprised along the way I missed in the first game.

I thought the time displayed next to the NPC chat log was the running game timer? I will try to be quicker. smile

D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by Doggen
dungeon master
in this room the door closes when the scenematic with the sassan lookalike starts.
But there is also another door in this room, for which you need a key it seems.

Did you have the key?
I have no idea where to find the key.

Hope they find a workaround soon. Starting tomorrow on i have 4 weeks of holiday. Would hate to waste it on Fable III. I was just getting into this game and loving it.

On my second time through the game I did EXACTLY what you just did. Strangely I figured it out on my first game very quickly. The confusion comes from the room being identical coming from either end of the room and the cutscene changing your perspective for you. The door you enter gets closed and locked (the one you keep trying to open up) and the one that is open is where you need to proceed. It leads to a different elevator. I felt like such a fool when I did this, so I'm almost glad someone else ran into this same confusion. smile

So no bug, just a couple confused players.

Last edited by DeTard; 03/12/10 01:40 PM.
OP Offline
One side has a candle table which will become the exit door side, the other side does not which is the way you come into the room. wink

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Pirate with ADHD

Do you guys work Sundays then?

What's work when you build games for a living smile

Seriously though, we got the issue pretty much figured out. It occurs roughly when you pass the 70 hour gaming mark (console-on/game time, including paused mode time), and only in certain scenes. That's why it was never reproduced during our in-house testing. Should be fixable through code though, and it's good news for your save-games and the 360 crowd.

OP Offline
Ah AWESOME NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smile

In future I will just save and turn my 360 off or exit the game. Very strange bug but glad you have found it and with the guys in the USA waiting for their version then every little helps to make it more perfect for them!

CHEERS! horsey thankyou claphands celebrate party cheer woehoe groovy

D
stranger
stranger
D
lol I have a friend in France considering buying this game but I will have to warn him about his gameplaying habits because of this. It's not uncommon for him to start up a game, play for 5 min, get in the middle of a dialog, and then alt+tab back out (he's on PC obviously, not sure it'll effect it the same way) and watch videos on the internet for hours. While it might not effect the PC, I'll be sure to warn him that he needs to change his habits just to stay on the safe side.

stranger
stranger
I'm not quite sure how long it took me to reach that point in the game but it was definitly a LONG time. I always try to check every little detail before venturing forth. I deleated my savegames out of frustration but as long I don't have to worry about it happening again I'll restart the game with a different character. I tried playing the expansion only but it just felt wrong starting a game with a new level 35 character. I want to REACH the expansion and not just play it.

stranger
stranger
I also had the bug with my first char i made, and it took me a long time too to get to the invoke place. With my second char, i went a lot faster and i had not the bug.

stranger
stranger
You know, I don't doubt that the very first few times I started a character, I would have had my game hang on Sassan summoning the demon. Thankfully, I felt unsure of the build of my characters and simply restarted, but I had gone further each time, enough for me to know exactly what to do, to know exactly where things are.

I'm certain that I would have had the hang, but even so, I'm only a few hours off. Also, is there a time log which tracks how many hours I've played?

Fiat justitia, ruat caelum.
OP Offline
Yes there is a time log. If you go to the log book and check the NCP chat log it records the game time you spoke with them.

Just note that if you need to pause for a good while then it could be best to save and exit back to the dash so the game is not adding up pause time to the overall time like me.

My other problem is that I like to live and breath in the worlds of my games as if I'm really there and will double check things over and over. And your right, the more you play and refresh your memory the quicker you can get on with things on a new play through.

I would imagine some players were also lucky for playing it on EASY, not having checked everything out, but instead headed towards the Maxos Temple very early on. I was on HARD.

My new game I just stared I've deleted the male character & gone back to the Female knowing it's linked to time now. I'm so used to her - the innocence & charm of being a noob Dragon Slayer & her good looks that it feels so right. wink

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Dungeon Master
I was on HARD.

Same here. Anything else felt like cheating. rpg001

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Zlaja
Originally Posted by Dungeon Master
I was on HARD.

Same here. Anything else felt like cheating. rpg001

I was on "easy". Anything else felt like getting my backside kicked. Constantly.

J'aime le fromage.
D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by HeartKode
Originally Posted by Pirate with ADHD

Do you guys work Sundays then?

What's work when you build games for a living smile

Seriously though, we got the issue pretty much figured out. It occurs roughly when you pass the 70 hour gaming mark (console-on/game time, including paused mode time), and only in certain scenes. That's why it was never reproduced during our in-house testing. Should be fixable through code though, and it's good news for your save-games and the 360 crowd.

Thats good to hear.
Didnt knew time spend in the menu also counted as gaming time.

What is your estimate when will we receive the fix ?
I hope its not gonna take weeks.
Is there a workaround for the bug ? something i can do to just get past this bug and continue my game

I've seen in a post how to send an xbox save-game. But what i dont know yet is :
say i send Larian an xbox save-game. Can they fix it and also, can i put it back on my xbox and use it?

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard