Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
journeyman
journeyman
Runs completely fast on my sys @ 2560x1600.

Down to 1 GTX-295 (2-285's on 1 card), other card isn't back from warranty service yet. (was dual GTX-295's).

Win7-64, 24G mem, Xeon 5680, @ 3.33GHz, with Auzentech Hi-Fi (allows me to stream 5.1 audio out my home theater), 4x15K SAS DRIVES in RAID0 for speed. Backed up over Gigabit network to my server with >50T disk space (2-cpu x 4cores ea), 48G, Xeon's X5550 @ 2.67GHz.

Both systems on UPS's.

It's a pain keeping it all running. Honest!

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
It seems smooth enough on my 4890. Edit: might help if I said what the settings were! 1920x1200 and... erm... other stuff. Only not AA because I couldn't get it to work. I'm using ATI's 10.4 drivers because subsequent ones caused inconveniences like blue screens.

Other specs? Erm... i7 920 at 2.67 GHz (I thought it was 3, but apparently not); 6 GB of memory of some description; a frankly rubbish X-Fi sound card; four Velociraptor discs in two RAID1 (mirrored) arrays courtesy of I think a RocketRaid card. Oh, and Windows 7 64 bit. And a bloody awful Logitech MX Revolution mouse, which has more faults than I care to remember.

Backups are courtesy of a network consisting of too many wires to a FreeBSD server with a big RAIDZ2 array (kind of like RAID6) and an ancient Opteron 248(?) processor. Fast enough for my needs, though, and faster than my other computer which runs at 900 KHz; it is a bit elderly, though, the poor old thing.

Last edited by Vometia; 14/12/10 03:48 PM.

J'aime le fromage.
C
C
Here's my specs...

Alienware M17x R2 / Core i7 920XM / 1200p RGBLED / 8GB DDR3-1333 / 2 x Corsair Force 240GB SSD (non-raid) / 640GB 7200RPM in ODD slot (no dvd-rw) / 2 x nVIDIA 285M GTX

I can run it at native res, everything cranked up (pre-patch). I haven't tried the patch yet, but I'm going to wait until some of the reported bugs are worked out.

Btw, am I the only one gaming on my notebook? Anyone else with a notebook want to share some specs?

L
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
L
I have a Dell Studio 17 laptop but I haven't tried this game on it, with it being lame video chips and all lol. It does play things like Fable: TLC quite well. I don't like playing games on it really though, even if I attach an external mouse I just have a hard time with the keyboard/mouse combo on a laptop for some reason.

Reality is but a shadow of one's imagination, is it not?
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard