Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Originally Posted by Shaver
Yup, the male dragons don't have an egg sack :hihi:

And if you have seen the TV movie Fire & Ice you will know the Dragon's egg sack is in the Skull. (not) smirk

Divinity II: XBOX 360
Region: PAL (UK)
Display: 1080i HDMI PC
old hand
old hand
Ahem...and so the conclusion is, is that in Divinity II - both male and female are equal. The only difference is the animations.

L
journeyman
journeyman
L
The quest in FoV that requires you to be female is:

in the playhouse you can be an actress in the play, and are required to in order to complete the quest. There are two different ways to complete it depending on which answers you give during your performance. One way is to use the 'Script' exactly the way it was written, the other option is to find the secret room in the cellar and use the 'Blutspot'(not sure if I spelled that right) version that you get from the secret room.

Reality is but a shadow of one's imagination, is it not?
C
C
This is slightly OT, but can you tell me what it says in the playhouse quest when you are not female? I never encountered this myself so I'd like to find out without trying to look through my hundreds of saved games.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by candlebbq
This is slightly OT, but can you tell me what it says in the playhouse quest when you are not female? I never encountered this myself so I'd like to find out without trying to look through my hundreds of saved games.

You could always ask your chap in the Battle Tower to give you a sex-change and load a handy save... I'd do it myself but I'm too lazy. grin

J'aime le fromage.
L
journeyman
journeyman
L
sure i can tell you smile as a male when you tell alfred you are ready to perform he tells you that you are not ready and that you need to be female. thats not word for word but thats what he is saying to you

Reality is but a shadow of one's imagination, is it not?
C
C
Originally Posted by Vometia
I'd do it myself but I'm too lazy. grin

I found that funny, so I'm going to assume that was sarcasm.

@lazuranthas: Thanks. I'll add that to guide... I'm in the process of making.

Last edited by candlebbq; 18/12/10 02:54 AM.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Vometia
I'd do it myself but I'm too lazy. grin

I found that funny, so I'm going to assume that was sarcasm.

I'm afraid to say it wasn't... frown

But I'll try harder in future! grin

J'aime le fromage.
K
stranger
stranger
K
The only difference I've found between the two is when you talk to Ursala, she gives a slightly different response if you're female compared to insulting you and the rest of the male gender. Then it goes back to the exact same dialogue after that one response.

C
C
I'll need to make a note of that... maybe its why chose not to kill her.

For the quest mentionned above, is there a way to complete it if you are a male ?

It seems it is the only one I could not finish.

Imarion

enthusiast
enthusiast
You can complete every quest. Does not matter whether you're male or female. The only difference is, females complete them more efficiently because we're smarter hug

I'll need to make a note of that... maybe its why chose not to kill her.
I gave her a hi five and let her go too. In turn, she gave me a kiss and her own bow cheer

I'd like to close by quoting Bellegar's famous last rhyme:

"Cursed be the mother that bred thee!
The wench must have been a hell-spawned banshee!"
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Shaver
I gave her a hi five and let her go too. In turn, she gave me a kiss and her own bow cheer

This is also the approach I took. I'm still not totally certain it was the right one as I couldn't really ascertain whether she was a villain or simply had dubious social skills; but that bow is nice. smile

J'aime le fromage.
Well I did not figure how to solve the playhouse quest being a male.

If someone can tell me ...

Thanks,
Imarion

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Imarion
Well I did not figure how to solve the playhouse quest being a male...
H told you that you should look a bit more feminine and maybe to go see an illusionist, didn't he?
Take a hint and go talk to Chanelle, lol

Hum I understood it meant to completely change sex and back not that there was another way around.

I'll do it during my second playthrough.

Imarion

C
C
OP:

The aesthetics, as has been said, are much nicer on the female. I am female in life, and still prefer to watch the nice backside of the animated character; the male character looks "clunky" while moving, so the couple of times I started as a male character, I used an illusionist to switch to female because it's much more pleasing to watch. Also, female character does a nice little "flippy-do" after climbs, which I appreciated the art and work that must have gone into doing that (the male character doesn't do that--BORING!).

To other posters.... good golly you are all funny! I haven't played FoV yet-- started it, but decided to go back to the beginning w/ my DKS, since I couldn't play my awesome characters from the original ED. Yes, female character again.

I think this topic has been sufficiently covered in terms of the game... I look forward to other comments concerning 'real life' differences between the genders! smile

My two-cents? The female character kicks butt in the game, and looks awesome doing it (even on low graphic settings). Sort of like real life I guess-- we get the job done, and we look better doing it! heheheheehehe

~~CierraShore

"I don't need to get a life. I'm a gamer, I have LOTS of lives!"
enthusiast
enthusiast
Very well said! You're my kind 'o gal Cierra smile I too am a female irl and all my characters are females except for the one that's rotting in Broken Valley jail for being too ugly! cheer

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard