Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
OP Offline
There are a number of idea's within this topic to try but if you can't get past then the only workaround for now is to start a new game and try to be a little quicker. Save and exit back to the dash if you are not returning to the game for a while ect...

Larian could have the bug fixed and tested tho it's based on time so some waiting, but the real hold up will be Microsoft and it could be a week or two once it has been handed to them while they mess about with it because it will be Microsoft providing the update.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Vometia
I was on "easy". Anything else felt like getting my backside kicked. Constantly.

Hmm...my twitching skills aren't all that great but the difficulty in DKS was noticably nerfed compared to the original. I rememeber the challenge being greater in the original game on normal than it is on hard in DKS.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by Zlaja
I was on "easy". Anything else felt like getting my backside kicked. Constantly.

Hmm...my twitching skills aren't all that great but the difficulty in DKS was noticably nerfed compared to the original. I rememeber the challenge being greater in the original game on normal than it is on hard in DKS.

I for one would like to see Nightmare mode make it on 360 in the patch - please. rpg003

Divinity II: XBOX 360
Region: PAL (UK)
Display: 1080i HDMI PC
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert

I think that's why I'm still leaving it on "easy": sometimes it feels like too much of a walkover, but having played ED pre FoV, I think I've more than done my duty when it comes to being pwned. grin

J'aime le fromage.
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Dungeon Master
I for one would like to see Nightmare mode make it on 360 in the patch - please. rpg003

Has that been confirmed/hinted at or not?

OP Offline

Has that been confirmed/hinted at or not?

Nothing confirmed for 360, but it has made it on PC in the 1st patch that was released last week.

Just saying it out loud again as a small reminder with fingers crossed. wink

D
stranger
stranger
D
There are a number of idea's within this topic to try but if you can't get past then the only workaround for now is to start a new game and try to be a little quicker. Save and exit back to the dash if you are not returning to the game for a while ect...

Larian could have the bug fixed and tested tho it's based on time so some waiting, but the real hold up will be Microsoft and it could be a week or two once it has been handed to them while they mess about with it because it will be Microsoft providing the update.

Pff, restart is not much an option.
I have bether things to do with my time.
You don't take your son to a movie where they say halfway "sorry but you have been sitting here for over 2 hours, come back in a couple of weeks to see the second part"

I understand there being a bug, a stupid one it seems, and i'm sure larian is doing everything they can to fix it asap, but to be completely honnest, as a customer waiting several weeks for a fix to continue a game i payed money for, doesnt make me very happy.
A game i actually like. I just want to continue the story, and so is my 9-year old son following my game-through

M
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by Doggen

Pff, restart is not much an option.
I have bether things to do with my time.
You don't take your son to a movie where they say halfway "sorry but you have been sitting here for over 2 hours, come back in a couple of weeks to see the second part"

I understand there being a bug, a stupid one it seems, and i'm sure larian is doing everything they can to fix it asap, but to be completely honnest, as a customer waiting several weeks for a fix to continue a game i payed money for, doesnt make me very happy.
A game i actually like. I just want to continue the story, and so is my 9-year old son following my game-through

Couldn't agree more.

How ridiculous having a time restriction in an RPG game and the only solution is to restart the game again and rush through it, it defies all logic. The whole point of an RPG is immersion and exploration and taking your time to enjoy the story. I sincerely hope that a patch follows soon.

Last edited by matt uk; 06/12/10 02:30 PM.
OP Offline
To be fair we don't know the true nature of the bug and it was not intended to be shipped out with it. All we know is it is something related to time - maybe some looping issue time wise??

Play testers have a job to do and get on with it while we at home can take a break when ever we wish so yeah a strange bug has shown up. A real shame at the end of the day but it should be fixed soon enough. Either wait for the patch and play something else or restart. Not much anyone can say or do and getting upset about it is not going to make it happen any quicker. Big respect the guys are looking into it! Any other dev and you would not hear jack, no feedback no nothing...

old hand
old hand
So thanks to Dungeon Master's savegame we found it and solved it, and now started the process for creating an Xbox360 patch which contains all fixes to date, including this one. Once we have an ETA, we'll definitely let you know.

For the more technically inclined - the core issue (and why we never encountered it) had to do with how the game represented time. Time is stored in what is known as a floating point format and the numerical precision of the format we used tends to decrease at the time values become larger. If by the time you get to this particular scene, time was sufficiently large, calculations done on time could give wrong results that propagated through the code, and caused this particular scene to lock up. The issue was further obfuscated because only a few scenes depend on this particular time calculations, so people in quality assurance never found it because they tend to go through the game as fast as they can, and even if they had the issue, they didn't necessarily run into scenes that had this problem.

old hand
old hand
Sidenote: QA and code did keep 360's running for days and nights to see the effects on the game, but as Lar_q says, the game was probably already beyond the scenes affected by it.

Tweeting @forktong
OP Offline
Cheers guys. Lets hope Microsoft don't take too long. Soon to be Dragon Kinght is getting excited lol. evil

Thanks again! thankyou

D
stranger
stranger
D
Thx for the update.
I understand these kind of bugs can happen, as a user its frustrating when they happen but atleast Larian seems to do everything they can to solve them asap.

Can you give a rough estimate when we will receive the patch through Live.
Are we talking about days, weeks, months ?

old hand
old hand
Now that we know what it is, we started contacting all the people we have to contact for getting it out there. The timelines for releasing a patch on X360 aren't very cool and we'll do what we can to take shortcuts, but I think you need to count on several weeks. It needs to go through Larian, to an external QA company for pre-certification and then to Microsoft for final certification. Once we have a timeline, we'll communicate it.

B
stranger
stranger
B
so, I know testing can't catch everything, but I hope with 360 save files the solution (or at least a valid workaround) will come soon? I am blocked for the last three weeks, had to go out and buy another game to occupy myself - and it is not nearly as much fun.

I tried all 'magic' suggestions from this forum and the french forum to deblock - nothing works for me
I tried going back to old save and replaying, no joy
I also tried getting rid of creature on the theory that one demon might be blocking the other...

was playing french version on two year old xbox360
I have played ego draconis old version through to end ( I bought new version to have more dragon fun, I thought the old version ended too soon, I just got my good powers and poof it was done)

thank you for putting resources on this fix, hope for news soon

B
stranger
stranger
B
sorry didn't see last mage that you had found fix and great explanation of the problem, thanks

waiting impatiently with dragon dreams

OP Offline
Team Larian Studios.

Might be an idea to make a sticky topic for the time being to cover the problem and everything you guys had said that a fix is on it's way just so people can see the facts. The more we post the more some readers may miss the real news and info they are after.

stranger
stranger
I'm having the same problem. Any news on an ETA for the patch?

stranger
stranger
It's my first time playing the game. I'm on the Island now just before the quest to open the magical barrier to get to the tower. I wanna finish up some quests. Do we know which scenes are effected by the time factor? I just started the game today played for around 10-12 hours. I didn't rush, but I still have some sidequests I want to solve.

stranger
stranger
This is a game breaking bug! down

Since we can't play this game any more, how will we know if the patch has been released?

Could you please send an email to every user that has reported this issue once the patch for the XBOX 360 is released?

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard