Hi everyone, have any of you played the demo that released today? What do you think?

I'll put down some issues that I have, and they're as follows:

- The gameplay is just bad. The combat is faster paced, though it doesn't have a 1:1 feel. I know that Dragon Age Origins didn't have this either, but it seems worse in Dragon Age II. It looks as if you should have full control of your character, but the combat is dull, boring, and I can hardly tell what's going on. On top of that, I hate that control still isn't 1:1, as I was fighting a large group of enemies and one enemy started to run away, so I was trying to attack the enemy closest to me, yet I couldn't attack the enemy because my character kept running after the enemy who was running away from me. Why don't I have the control? Why is my character like a magnet to the other enemy that's further away? So they took away the more strategic combat, yet they still left these issues. Do note that I've only played the Xbox 360 version so far.

- The graphics are super ugly. I'm not a graphics whore. I think Divinity II is a beautiful game. However, Dragon Age II has piss poor art direction, bland and muddy textures for environments, armor, etc. I like how expressive your main character can be, though. He doesn't look too bad, I guess.

- Linear point A to point B gameplay. This is supposedly an RPG, but there's like no exploration. The first one was linear, yes, which was one of my main complaints with that game, but this one seems like it holds your hand way too much. It's almost like they took the Final Fantasy XIII level design and copy & pasted it. Disappointing, to say the least.

Well, those are just a few of my concerns. Of course, though, this is just a demo and could change, but it's disappointing nonetheless.

Last edited by Libertarian; 23/02/11 01:00 AM.

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.