Next Thread
Print Thread
H
h1s2d3 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
After making my way through the shadowlands and eventually getting to moonrise towers, I decided to go back to the last light inn. Upon getting there, there were a bunch of monsters, and the game plays the cut scene from after Isobel is kidnapped. The shield goes down, the NPCs turn hostile, etc. Okay. Except I already went through that plot point, saved Isobel from being kidnapped, and killed the traitor. I reload. I test some things out.

Every single plot point has been reset. I go back to Ethel's swamp area, and the enchantment is back up. The redcaps are alive again. I go to the emerald grove, and the entrance is blocked off by vines (I don't even know what that's about; is that the ritual the druids were gonna do before I convinced them not to?). Also, there's a goblin raid attacking the grove. So I go to the goblin camp. All the NPCs are alive again. I killed all of them ages ago, so that's weird. The Rosymorn Monastery is completely blocked off by some kind of cave-in; again, I never triggered this. I go to the gauntlet of shar. The dark tremors are back. Again. The vault that Balthazar and his team are in? Locked, and there's no cutscene this time to open it after I kill all of the hostile NPCs. Oh, and going through that battle while the NPCs in the vault try like 30 times to open the door... each... was an experience. I go to the basement of moonrise towers and for some reason there's a death Shepard and a bunch of undead NPCs. All hostile. Never even been in there before. I checked some earlier saves and they're similarly broken. Every time I go to a place I've already been, the NPCs are back alive and I have to redo things. The NPCs in Grimforge are back after I killed all of them, and the forge giant was released even though I never released him. So I can't even do that fight now. Nere is alive and stuck behind the rocks again.

Oh yeah, and a ton of NPCs I can't even talk to now. I can't tell the reasoning for why I can talk to some and not others, but I can't talk to Mig in moonrise, for example.

The game is completely unplayable. I have lost 50 hours of progress into my first-ever run of this game. At this point if I can't fix this I don't even want to play anymore. I have zero interest in searching through saves to find a playable one, only to have to then redo a bunch of things.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Hello! Do you have any mods installed or did you install any before you went back to Last Light Inn and everything reset?

If you don't have any, could you please reach out to our support team with the save file you are experiencing this issue in so they can look into what might have caused it? https://larian.com/support/faqs/how-to-submit-a-bug-report_85

H
h1s2d3 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
Originally Posted by Salo
Hello! Do you have any mods installed or did you install any before you went back to Last Light Inn and everything reset?

If you don't have any, could you please reach out to our support team with the save file you are experiencing this issue in so they can look into what might have caused it? https://larian.com/support/faqs/how-to-submit-a-bug-report_85

No mods, no. Completely vanilla. I sent in a bug report already but didn't include a save file; should I send a new bug report or wait for them to get back to me?

Community Manager
Community Manager
Originally Posted by h1s2d3
Originally Posted by Salo

No mods, no. Completely vanilla. I sent in a bug report already but didn't include a save file; should I send a new bug report or wait for them to get back to me?

You can either reply to the bounce-back email you received with the file or just submit it again through the Support form! Thank you!

Link Copied to Clipboard